Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 3:04 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 windows 10 crash when loading family
For a few days I've had this family I created on the Sims 2, and today as I went to go and play on that family, the game crashed midway through the loading screen.
I have custom content, and it is used in that family.
Before loading up the family I did shop around for some more cc and mods, so when this issue came up I assumed it had something to do with the new content I had downloaded.
However, even after moving all of my mods and cc out of the downloads folder, the game still refused to load the family. I even tried going to other families that used cc and they would load up and play normally but this particular family just won't load. I even tested other families both with and without the downloads folder filled with my cc. After having the game for 3 years this has never happened until now (4 months on this computer I am currently using.)

Has anyone experienced this before? Would anyone be able to tell me if there's anything I can do to fix this without having to delete the family and move on? I don't particularly want to get rid of this family.
I am using a windows 10 laptop and I have been using the graphic rules maker correctly ever since I installed it onto this laptop, so surely it can't be anything to do with that but I'm not sure. my cc is most likely not the issue here either.

Thanks
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 3:10 AM
Have you tried running the Hoodcheker?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 3:30 AM
Never ever delete sims, how many times have you done that? You corrupted your hood with the first sim you deleted. Corrupt hoods are one reason for families not loading.

You should run Hood checker and see what it can mop up.

Also try moving the family out and onto another lot, but you do have hood corruption if you have deleted any sims.

Do not delete sims living or dead.
Do not move them between hoods
Do not install occupied lots
Do not move sims in a house into the house bin.

Not unless you play toss away hoods and sims that you don't care about.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 3:31 AM
Go to the game save folder and try deleting groups.cache and accessories.cache. Sometimes those two files can confuse the game.

Also, while you're in there, pop into the Logs folder, and look for the most recent Sims2Exception text file. Lots of it would be gibberish to non-techy people but if you paste the first part (anything before Registers) in here someone might have an idea what's going on.

BTW, for future reference, these questions are better off in Game Help: http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=31

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 3:33 AM
Already done.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 3:56 AM
Hi,

So I checked Hoodchecker and there are a lot of common errors such as "Sim does not exist - Has relationship with self" and other things saying that a sim does not exist, I think I once deleted a sim when I had 5 sims in college, and he was one of the random generated college students.

Anyway, I also moved my family out of their current house and into another one and it ran just fine. Would I be able to move them back or will that cause the same issue?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 4:01 AM
Also here is the thingy you told me to paste:

Exception time: 07/15/2017, at 03:49:29.
Exception code: 0xC0000005 (-1073741819) ACCESS_VIOLATION.
Current thread ID: 6388 (0x000018f4).
Version information:
Application/module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe
Application/module version name: The Sims 2 EP9
Application/module version: 1.17.0.66
System version: Windows NT 6.0
System memory: 2048 Megabytes total, 1252 Megabytes free.
Application/module configuration: ReleaseSRT

Extra Exception Data:

Shutdown: 0
HostName: DESKTOP-QIDVRDK
MemoryUsage: 690740K
Neighborhood Name: Belladonna Cove
Neighborhood Prefix: E001
Lot Name: Family Farmhouse - 4BR 2.5BA
Family Name: Cahill
Extra Exception Data End:

Exception module: .
Exception address: 0x206e6f6e. Section:Offset: 0x00:0x00000000.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 4:04 AM
Also I had already had those cache files deleted
Mad Poster
#9 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 4:06 AM
Relationship with self is pretty benign and easily fixable. It's deleting Sims (or gravestones, as they count as Sims) from the hood that's the main thing you don't want to do, it shreds the files and then leaves a mess behind and then the stray bits of data can attach themselves to other Sims. There's no real way to recover from that, but it's possible your neighborhood will survive for a while yet if you look after it.

ACCESS_VIOLATION means that the game's trying to access a bit of memory that it shouldn't so the operating system shuts it down. A number of things can be the cause of that. Either ways, your comment about moving them out sounds like there's an issue with the lot itself. What happens if you enter it in build mode without moving any Sims in?

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 4:14 AM
Seems like you're right Mr Bulbasaur, it crashed as i tried to enter it through build mode
I really tried hard on making that house aswell D:
Does this mean I will probably be able to play normally as long as I'm not in that house?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 4:34 AM
Miss Bulbasaur, actually.

It should work so long as you're not in that house - I don't know too much about what causes lots to glitch up, but hopefully someone else will come along and help you better with that aspect. Hang onto it for now.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 4:50 AM
And until your hood corruption gets worse. By making backups, using the essential mods, not doing any more VBY (Very bad Things) and using the Hood checker remove function you may be able to play your hood for quite awhile, although there is no guarantee.

You will need to bulldoze the house unless there are graves on it.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 1:21 PM
Thanks for your help
Ill make sure I'm more careful with what I'm doing and ill have to bulldoze that lot.
Test Subject
#14 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Relationship with self is pretty benign and easily fixable. It's deleting Sims (or gravestones, as they count as Sims) from the hood that's the main thing you don't want to do, it shreds the files and then leaves a mess behind and then the stray bits of data can attach themselves to other Sims. There's no real way to recover from that, but it's possible your neighborhood will survive for a while yet if you look after it.

ACCESS_VIOLATION means that the game's trying to access a bit of memory that it shouldn't so the operating system shuts it down. A number of things can be the cause of that. Either ways, your comment about moving them out sounds like there's an issue with the lot itself. What happens if you enter it in build mode without moving any Sims in?

I know this thread is pretty old now and I'm not sure if anyone will see this but I'm having this exact problem except I have a brand new folder. I get that access violation in every exception. I know it's not the graphics being an issue, and I'm totally stumped. Does anyone know of a fix for whatever the game is trying to access?