Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 7:25 AM
I'm sure EA will release "Slider Extender DLC" for $9.99. File wise I haven't found anything even remotely slider related. There's 3 rig files but nothing says what they're for exactly. Child, Teen, Adult? Meh, that'd be nice if teens were actually separate. Could down scale the teen skeleton. Animations wouldn't line up, but they'd be shorter. I'm just making a wildly uneducated guess though. I'd assume T, YA, and A, all use the same skeleton......which would suck....... Oh, and you can change the Plumbob colors in the ini....I think.....for what that's worth.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 10:31 AM
I discovered this. It is simple. When the slider is maximum, search the value 240 in byte. When the slider is minimum, search the value 0 in byte. After a while, you have 3 addresses. change them into 2 byte first. Then you can modify them by adding 10 or above. You should test the range first. To see changes, change the sim's clothes.
Theorist
#28 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 3:26 PM
Well, my discoveries were pretty useless.
  • The addresses I'd found... they change with every launch of the game and have to be re-found every time.
  • Upon changing outfits or pretty much anything, the values weren't snapping back to valid range, they were snapping back to original values. That tells me I wasn't working on the actual "slider" values, but on the mesh itself.
  • I wasn't able to save my sim with the giant rack, it snapped back to original values upon saving. Probably because of the bullet item above, that it was only changing the displayed mesh and not slider values.
  • I was unable to find with cheat engine, any other location that when changed, had a visible effect on the mesh.

Other than interesting screenshots, I didn't discover anything useful. So back to the drawing board.
I think these kinds of mods probably need to be attacked in the code itself and not just manipulating memory.

Resident wet blanket.
Test Subject
#29 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 4:22 AM
how do you do this ?
Eminence Grise
#30 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsFan4erver
how do you do this ?

Post 19 has your answer.

The changes won't stick with your sim, though, so it's kinda pointless. This isn't a mod... it's a game cheat enabled by a third party memory editor (it alters the game memory while the game is running).

I expect we'll have slider mods sooner or later. If you really want to modify your sims, I'd wait for those (or do the research to make them). If you just want to mess around with funny (?) screenshots, though, have at it :p
Test Subject
#31 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
Well, it's certainly possible to do interesting things with Cheat Engine.

I feel like a brain scientist just being able to get that far.

Hi, I have a question
I have been able to do the same, well, I think

When I change values, they always change back to their original values. However, I can see my sims body changing for like 0.1 second before changing back to normal

Can you help me with that please? How to change the value permanently?
thanks
Theorist
#32 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 2:50 PM
Sorry, I can't help because I was never able to change the values permanently. See post #28.

Resident wet blanket.
Test Subject
#33 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 3:25 AM
I was able to identify the address for the fat/fit slider, but when I changed the value nothing happened. Has anyone been working on a mod for it yet?
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 8:51 AM
Test Subject
#35 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by askurei
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=535780 I only could find that

You are quite SIMply the best himan ever right now. Thanks! :D
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 7:49 PM
So far so good.. as always it takes time for slider and body sculpting mods.

RUN FOREST RUN!
Test Subject
#37 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 4:08 PM
I think its the slider mod :D
Theorist
#38 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 5:09 PM
@EVOL_EVOLVED has a whole bunch of slider mods now. http://modthesims.info/m/9059435
I must have been asleep as they've been out for 2 weeks now and I just now noticed.
Can't wait to try the boobs one.

Resident wet blanket.
Page 2 of 2