Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
#76 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FifthAce2007
Has anyone else had issues with CM 0.8.1? This has been happening prior to yesterdays patch so I can rule that out.

I am having to use 0.5.2 as 0.8.1 crashes each time it attempts to access the game package data, IE first screen. It still works fine for the CAS Demo though. Ive noticed in the normally greyed out manual select path at the very end of the address it is listing the Resource.cfg file where are before, IE 0.5.2 it is just blank after the \ which is the way it is meant to be, and it refuses to let me change it.

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue?

Was unpacked correctly using 7zip.

Well, it was working fine for me until the patch. There are several new threads at the CM forums that all say the new patch has stopped it from working, so we'll just have to wait for an update. As far as showing the resource.cfg file, that was a change that was made from .5.2 to .8.1, the way it looks for the packages is different.

Also, most, if not all, of the CASP files have been slightly changed in the update as well, so until the tools are updated to start looking in the delta packages instead of the client packages, I would hold off on any CASP cloning, but that's just me.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 3:11 PM Last edited by Shimrod101 : 3rd Oct 2014 at 7:18 PM.
In my opinion all CC mods which include CASP files need to be remade to work with the game after this update, because of the alteration to all of the CASP files.

EDIT: Oops, this isn't the case. SimGuruModSquad cleared this up, which people probably already know.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#78 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 9:23 PM
More details on the exact nature of those changes in this thread.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#79 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 2:31 AM
This is fixed now and 0.8.2 is out. Available at the usual download page http://sims4.the-prof.net/?page_id=404

I also merged the "Issue with 0.8.1" thread into the main one.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Instructor
#80 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 8:05 AM
Yeh it was immediately crashing as soon as I clicked Next on the 1st screen.

I also had problems with 5.2 showing the texture preview post patch.

8.2 seems to work fine so far though thanks

FifthAce2007

My Sims 2 creations are no longer supported. Regardless of what the individual post says, feel free to clone, recolour, chuck on a bonfire or mix in a blender! Just credit me/this site with the upload, and upload here only, thanks
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 10:28 AM
That was fast - thanks a ton
Works for me, as well. Made default replacements with .8.2, which appear and work in the game.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#82 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 6:31 PM
0.8.4 has been released yesterday too (which is the post-pool-patch version). Download as usual here: http://sims4.the-prof.net/?page_id=404

Test Subject
#83 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 11:42 PM
Does Anyone have a mirror for the latest version? I am unable to access the site to download Color Magic, or is there an ETA on when the site will be up?

Thank you looking forward to trying the program
Test Subject
#84 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 6:36 PM Last edited by Dunmer : 13th Feb 2015 at 8:39 PM.
Hello there,

I'm new to Sims 4 modding, so I'm only just grabbing the program myself. But, unfortunately, I can't get on the website for some reason.
It keeps coming up with "This webpage is not available". With a sad face.
I've tried in both Chrome and Internet Explorer. Is the site down for some reason at the moment?

Update: I don't know what happened, but I'm able to access the site now. Thanks to whoever fixed it! xD
Test Subject
#85 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 5:25 PM
Hi, I just barely downloaded Color Magic and I'm having some trouble. It crashes every time I select Sims 4 as my game to draw packages from, but it works fine for the CAS Demo. Does anybody know why it's doing this or how to fix it? I have version 8.4
Mad Poster
#86 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 6:02 PM
Color Magic is a DISCONTINUED, outdated, tool: http://sims4.the-prof.net/?p=476

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Test Subject
#87 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 9:21 PM
Default cannot reach site.
So I tried to go to Sims 4 Stuff n Things on several devices and browsers but they all are unable to reach it. Is the site down? if so, is there another place to download Color Magic? If the site is still up, what browser do I need to access it?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#88 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by libraca1456
So I tried to go to Sims 4 Stuff n Things on several devices and browsers but they all are unable to reach it. Is the site down? if so, is there another place to download Color Magic? If the site is still up, what browser do I need to access it?

As it says one comment up, Color Magic is no more. Even if you found it, game patches have broken it and it won't work. Use CAS Tools or Sims 4 Studio instead.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Page 4 of 4