Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
Original Poster
#51 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 7:55 AM
BTW, I want to remind everyone that *anyone* can make wrappers like this for s4pe, if done correctly they should just drop in and plug in. I am willing to provide guidance for people beginning to make wrappers, provided they already have experience of C# coding (I don't do beginner programming classes )

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 3:21 PM
Inge Jones can help me I am working with foundation and found an error in the s4pe Variant Material cfnd file does not match MODL and MTST MaterialNameHash is wrong because you can see in the picture before this hexadecimal number that the opposite is in MODL file and after that number the number of this file cfnd
look the images

look at the package
Attached files:
File Type: rar  foudantion.rar (2.2 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Original Poster
#53 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 3:54 PM
I believe there to be an error in the RCOL wrappers in s4pe which I have notified to Kuree some time ago. When you export the MLOD from s4pe, make sure you tick Do Not Parse then reselect the resource before exporting. This gives a different result even in hex! According to the simguru at the EA forums, the value displayed in the CFND wrapper is the value that should be expected, which means either the one in the MLOD wrapper is wrong, or you are trying to match the wrong field in the MLOD. But currently I suspect the MLOD wrapper is wrong.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 3:59 PM
I'll try to see right and wrong for me to choose the right tag for each texture color, thanks for the fast
Original Poster
#55 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 9:40 AM
Updated wrappers for the Pools patch. Added PoolTrim.

Original Poster
#56 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 11:47 AM Last edited by Inge Jones : 8th Nov 2014 at 12:39 PM.
Having checked the new release of s4pe, 0.2.d it seems my catalog resource wrapper is still required as the official release does not include it (although I had explicitely offered it can be included), and my collection is far more complete.

Original Poster
#57 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 9:07 AM
Good news - s4pe development appears to have a new lease of life and it's coming on apace now. Looks like it won't be necessary for me to finish these, so I am just going to hand off my code and do what I actually was hoping to be doing by now, which is to decide between looking into a prison mod for sims or modding for prison architect (a different game)

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#58 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 12:48 PM
Dunno if this is quite the right place, but 0x81CA1A10 appears to be some sort of bounding box. Editing unk6 allowed the game to generate my thumbnail at the right height.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#59 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 8:26 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 30th Jan 2015 at 10:17 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Has anyone an idea about the UnkCommon06 which is almost invariably 0xFFFF except in wall and floor patterns?

In CWAL, UnkCommon06 is the secondary sort order for the swatches btw. (Tested/confirmed by re-sorting my own walls)

Edit 2015-01: Same for objects.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#60 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 9:34 PM
In COBJ, UnkCommon07 is the texture swatch _IMG (like e.g. in one of the Cloud Chairs, UnkCommon07: 0xF17AF5FA51DD7B9F, which lives in fb7). It is 0x0000000000000000 in objects that only have a colour swatch.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#61 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 12:13 AM
At least in one chair, UnkIID01 in the COBJ is the instance of the DATA file that makes it behave like a dining chair (slottable to desks/tables/chess tables). See here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=542814

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#62 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 11:30 AM
In stairs, 0xCEBA7E8A (3468328586) is the reference to the specular map.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#63 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 5:04 PM
@Kuree , are you still looking at this thread? If the kind of stuff posted above should go somewhere else, can you give us a pointer please?

Original Poster
#64 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 5:46 PM
...or Snaitf

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#65 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 6:00 PM
You mean @Snaitf .. =) ? (Right, just making sure he sees this)

Also, is the "use resource name" thing when importing stuff fixed yet? Inge, you seemed to know what causes this exactly .. I can only say that ticking this box makes it fail and generate a KEY with TGI 0 instead.

Original Poster
#66 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 6:53 PM
I've no idea. I'm out of it. Not played, modded, or toolmaked for weeks. Currently no interest whatsoever other than in keeping some contact with the many wonderful friends I've made through the game.

Page 3 of 3