Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 5:21 PM
Default Male Dress
I am wondering if anyone has come up with a solution to allow males to wear a dress without breasts. Thank you

http://winglysimmer.tumblr.com/image/110995579777
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 6:13 PM
I believe you need to edit the mesh where the breasts are - I may be wrong, as others always have some way to correct me

Simalary Studios

Contact Me
Send me a PM, if you need to contact me for anything.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 6:28 PM
I would just convert a skirt and then you can recolor any of the tops (I think the nude top would work best) to go with it to look like a full dress
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 6:32 PM
I have tried editing the mesh but I can't figure out how to flatten the chest.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 6:42 PM
Hmm, upload your package and I'll check it out

Simalary Studios

Contact Me
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mickeymouse254
I would just convert a skirt and then you can recolor any of the tops (I think the nude top would work best) to go with it to look like a full dress

There is no way to convert a dress for males?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rosemoondust
There is no way to convert a dress for males?

There is basically way to convert anything to any age/gender, It's just harder to make it look, good.

Simalary Studios

Contact Me
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 6:44 PM
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 6:47 PM
http://notegain.tumblr.com/post/105...males-10-colors

Ok, I'll take a look

Simalary Studios

Contact Me
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 6:54 PM
thank you :3
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 12:27 AM
Sorry it's taking so long, I got it right - but I'm just making it so it doesn't conflict if you have the Female Version/Original installed

Simalary Studios

Contact Me
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 12:32 AM
You got it to work!!! OMG!!! OMG!! I just...wow! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 12:42 AM
You got it to work!!! OMG!!! OMG!! I just...wow! Thank you!

Yes, just a few more kinks to fix

Simalary Studios

Contact Me
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 1:32 AM
Default Finally
Finally, here you go! Please note: It does work with or without the original female download. Please clear your cache, including the localthumbnailcache.package for the thumbnails to load properly.

I finally got it to work, it's not perfect, but I flattened the breasts. [You still have to edit the mesh to connect the neck and ankles, and edit the highlighted breast textures] - I might do that for you

Attached files:
File Type: rar  NotEgain_yfBody_Maid Costume_For_Males_SIMALARY_FIX_WORKING.rar (1.64 MB, 10 downloads) - View custom content

Simalary Studios

Contact Me
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 1:40 AM
Thank you. I will see what I can do in photoshop. Thank you so much :3
Scholar
#16 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simalary44
Finally, here you go! Please note: It does work with or without the original female download. Please clear your cache, including the localthumbnailcache.package for the thumbnails to load properly.

I finally got it to work, it's not perfect, but I flattened the breasts. [You still have to edit the mesh to connect the neck and ankles, and edit the highlighted breast textures] - I might do that for you

That's awesome - how did you do that?! I would love to convert more female clothing for my resident Sim crossdressers, myself; there's a lot of outfits I'd like them to wear - is there a special way of doing it? I tried flattening the breasts in a dress myself in Milkshape, and it just went horribly wrong, lol. Would you be willing to say how you did this? Great work, though

...Titanium white...
Mad Poster
#17 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 10:06 AM
Looking at the above pic, the mesh is not joined to the sim's feet properly - there's a very noticeable gap between the ankles and the calves, and they are different widths from each other. That's always an issue when converting body meshes between genders - the alignment of the ankles and calves, and also the neck and head. (Morphs probably also need to be addressed - I don't work with body morphs, but I think there are probably differences between male ones and female ones.) So bear in mind that you need to account for that too when re-meshing, not just breast-flattening.
Scholar
#18 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Esmeralda
Looking at the above pic, the mesh is not joined to the sim's feet properly - there's a very noticeable gap between the ankles and the calves, and they are different widths from each other. That's always an issue when converting body meshes between genders - the alignment of the ankles and calves, and also the neck and head. (Morphs probably also need to be addressed - I don't work with body morphs, but I think there are probably differences between male ones and female ones.) So bear in mind that you need to account for that too when re-meshing, not just breast-flattening.

Hi Esmeralda - I've downloaded so much of your stuff for both TS3 & TS4; you are an admired creator of mine

Oh yeah, I know about the neck and ankle problems, lol - I did quite a bit of that myself for TS3 (was a pain sometimes, but had to be done), so I'm all for remeshing those to fit properly. Regarding the morphs, I don't know much about messing with them myself to make them work the way they should? I dunno, lol. I've had a look at how a female mesh looks with the male morphs in TS4 CAS, and I can live with it for now until morphing gender-swapped meshes is figured out. It's just the breast-flattening thing that I've never been able to figure out how to do properly - I've always just used a male top with the bottom half of a female outfit, and fixed the textures afterwards. But then I lose whatever mesh the original female top had, and sometimes the textures don't work. So, I'm just trying to keep the mesh and flatten things a bit, lol. Dunno if I've explained myself properly there, lol.

...Titanium white...
Mad Poster
#19 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 4:25 PM
Hi Enjoji, am glad you still like my stuff! Yes, neck and ankle problems were bad enough in TS3, but now in TS4 there are all these extra morphs on all sorts of parts of the body. Now it's not just fat/fit but also separately expandable upper arms, lower arms, thighs, calves, butts, bellies, and so on, that may behave differently for men and women, especially as regards the chest area. Your idea of using a male top with a skirt sounds like a good way to get around the problem, just give it a female texture. You shouldn't lose the mesh of the original female top, though - be sure you're not making a default replacement by mistake.