Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 5:04 AM Last edited by Kuree : 25th Sep 2014 at 3:10 PM.
Default Sims 4 Studio: A Versatile Tool For Making Custom Content For Sims 4

This is a new tool for making custom content for Sims 4. Using this tool you can make your own custom accessories and you can recolor to your heart's content. Some of the features the tools has are:

You can create your own new accessory meshes for the game and the accessory can have multiple recolor swatches in the same .package.

You can pick the item you want to replace or recolor by choosing from a thumbnail list that filters by various categories or searches by keyword:

You can preview your new custom mesh or recolor texture in a dynamic 3D model viewer that expands to fit your computer screen:

You can create default replacement recolors and standalone recolors easily and add multiple recolor swatches per project/.package.

Cloned EA meshes are imported into Blender positioned on a model Sim making it easy to size and position your mesh. If you prefer another editor Blender can serve as a convenient go-between for many other 3D editors such as Maya, Milkshape, and 3DS Max. More functionality for using this tool in combination with other editors is coming soon.

This is a beta release and may have some kinks to work out but it has been extensively tested in its alpha phase. New features are planned and feedback from people using the tool about other features they would like is welcome. If you have a bug to report, a wish to add, or a comment to make please post at Simlogical (not this thread). Keep your eye on Simlogical in the days to come for tutorials and updates. Happy modding everyone

Credits: The Sims 4 Group: A, Kuree, Rick, The Nameless One, orangemittens, ChaosMageX
Graphic Design: Helaene
Alpha Testers: Brujah236, Damon, Helaene, Levini

Link to supported forum and download link
14 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 5:07 AM
Thanks for this, Kuree! Can't wait to test it out!
Test Subject
#3 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 5:15 AM
Oh my... This is going to be amazing! Thank you so much Kuree!!!
Lab Assistant
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 5:21 AM
Error messaged out and crashed. I submitted the info on the official post at Simlogical.
Test Subject
#5 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 6:33 AM
I dont know how to use this tool
Instructor
#6 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 6:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by biga7370
I dont know how to use this tool

Tutorials coming soon on the Site the tool's hosted at. There's a person working on it and will have it out ASAP!.

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 11:58 AM
Hi !

Once i unziped it, i try to open the .exe file and i get a " *your file* is Not a valid Win32 application" so i can't even open it...
What's wrong ? Anyone know how to do ?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 6:20 PM
I cant clone anything. Nothing appears when I hit create 3d mesh :'8

♘ visit my tumblr here
Instructor
#9 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 7:45 PM
Taken a quick look at this - Looks amazing. Managed to extract a mesh to Blender and a package file for recolouring. Works fine for me
Thank you for all the hard work you're doing so creators can produce some great custom content
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
#10 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 2:04 AM
For those having troubles, are you making sure that you use 7-Zip to extract the program. All other unzipping programs make it have errors.

EDIT: Or you can get the new version which has an installer.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 4:03 AM
I was really hoping this would allow us to finally extract and import new objects. Although, good work!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 4:27 AM
Do I need to download any other program than Sims 4 Studio in order to recolor items? I edited the texture using Paint.net and saved it as the DXT5 (or whatever), but I am unable to import it afterwards. I get this error message:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at s4pi.ImageResource.RLEResource.Parse(Stream s)
at s4pi.ImageResource.RLEResource..ctor(Int32 APIversion, Stream s)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at S4Studio.LoadingScreen.<>c__DisplayClass2.<>c__DisplayClass5.<Show>b__1() in c:\workspace\thes4studio\TheS4Studio\S4Studio\LoadingScreen.xaml.cs:line 53
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

What am I doing wrong? (having trouble posting this at Simlogical...waiting for my registration to come through...)
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 4:26 PM
I made 2 T-shirts with the tool. They work fine in CAS, but in-game it causes a crash. Is this my wrongdoing or the tools?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 7:01 PM
I have unzipped with 7zip, downloaded the new installer version but I still cant see anything. I really need help. Im a mesher and I NEED THIS TOOL :00

♘ visit my tumblr here
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 8:01 PM
Thanks for this, Kuree and thanks to everyone behind the TS4 Group. I really appreciate your hard work
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 8:12 PM
Does this work for hair recolors?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Davinia
Do I need to download any other program than Sims 4 Studio in order to recolor items? I edited the texture using Paint.net and saved it as the DXT5 (or whatever), but I am unable to import it afterwards. I get this error message:

What am I doing wrong? (having trouble posting this at Simlogical...waiting for my registration to come through...)

I figured out what I was missing. Not only save as DXT5 or whatever, but you have to select the option to add a mip-map.
Test Subject
#18 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 5:51 AM
It works great for me. I love it.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 8:06 AM
I have installed my sims 4 on another disk (like all my other sims stuff) could this maybe the reason why I always get a white screen when I try to clone a mesh or to do a recolor? Which paths uses the programm to find the package files?? I really need help guys, I want to make meshes again/convert my old meshes. Anybody ideas?

♘ visit my tumblr here
Test Subject
#20 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 3:39 PM
Default problems making it work
when I load the studio and get to the second page...nothing shows up. can you please help?
Test Subject
#21 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 10:21 PM
blank page for me to
Test Subject
#22 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 10:54 PM
Default unusual prob.
I installed this with the installer. when it first loaded up, it asked for the path to the recources......I went to client, opened it up and clicked one of the builds...In other words I led it to the wrong place. now the studio wont populate. how do I get another chance to reset the path? I tried uninstalling, but I noticed that
it picked right up on the creator name and there was no prompt to reestablish a path. that means there is information being stored on my computer somewhere. If I knew where, I could uninstall, delete the information and reinstall...or...maybe you can help me? I really want this program to work and have spent hours of my life trying to resolve this...please help.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 12:49 AM
This tool works fine for me except for my swatches created with it are appearing as llama icons in-game, not the colors I choose. Is anyone else having the same llama problem?

lavoieri.tumblr.com :)
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#24 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 12:58 AM
stringtone (and anyone else having the same problem) - You're right, information IS being stored on your computer somewhere. Try deleting the folder you'll find in C: (Or whichever letter your hard drive is) \Users\(your name)\AppData\Local\S4Studio and then restarting Sims 4 Studio. (No need to uninstall/delete it.) I haven't tried it out, but that works for ColorMagic.

As for blank pages, it DOES take a little bit of time for all of the CAS meshes to load when you start it up.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 4:59 PM
@mustluvcatz: I still get the blanc page. I waited 10 mins to give s4studio time to load the meshes (even tho my pc is actually very fast) and simply nothing happens. Not even a scrollbar appears. Its simply not able to locate my fullbuild packages. Anyone help? PLEASE.

♘ visit my tumblr here
Locked thread | Locked by: plasticbox Reason: Outdated
Page 1 of 2