Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 11:12 PM
Now I've got another question, sorry for being anoying... Is there a way to convert BGEO to OBJ?
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#77 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Datodato
Now I've got another question, sorry for being anoying... Is there a way to convert BGEO to OBJ?

Yes, you can import the BGEO in the preview tab and then save the morphed mesh.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#78 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Yes, you can import the BGEO in the preview tab and then save the morphed mesh.

Thank you! It worked.
Test Subject
#79 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 5:46 PM
Hi, sorry to bother you with something so simple but i am struggling! DMAPS and BGEO are not showing up in blender, when i open the file i exported, it just is a cube. In a different tutorial, they said to delete the cube so i did but there wasn't anything inside or under it. It's like the meshes/rigs aren't exporting at all. I tried to export all of them and they are all just cubes when i open in blender. I really just wanna make a giant eyes preset for toddlers so i can have my bastardized baby yoda. thanks for all your work and for helping all of us!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#80 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emmocd1999
Hi, sorry to bother you with something so simple but i am struggling! DMAPS and BGEO are not showing up in blender, when i open the file i exported, it just is a cube. In a different tutorial, they said to delete the cube so i did but there wasn't anything inside or under it. It's like the meshes/rigs aren't exporting at all. I tried to export all of them and they are all just cubes when i open in blender. I really just wanna make a giant eyes preset for toddlers so i can have my bastardized baby yoda. thanks for all your work and for helping all of us!

How are you opening the mesh? When Blender starts up you'll get that default cube, which you should delete, then you import the .obj mesh using Import, not Open.

Btw, for giant eyes you're probably better off using a bone morph.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#81 Old 5th Feb 2022 at 2:55 AM
Hi, I am having trouble with my height presets (similar to LUUMIA's). I'm not sure how I messed up here. [my preset is the shorter, left version of the original EA height]
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#82 Old 5th Feb 2022 at 10:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BogusAva
Hi, I am having trouble with my height presets (similar to LUUMIA's). I'm not sure how I messed up here. [my preset is the shorter, left version of the original EA height]

As I said over in the MorphMaker thread, bone morphs on the body, especially height adjustments, are very difficult because the game has its own mechanisms for limiting and controlling bones. The preview just isn't very helpful. Sorry but you just have to keep experimenting.

Test Subject
#83 Old 18th Feb 2022 at 4:58 PM
Hello, would this tutorial/tool work with a custom head? I'm trying to do a Zootopia mod for TS4 and I plan to port Garry's head as a CAS with facial features, If don't then what should I do or which tool should I use? I mean I've found a similar thread of a custom wolf head on TS4 studio which fowarded me to this program

https://imgur.com/a/HKluWYQ

https://imgur.com/a/0plhHnY
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#84 Old 18th Feb 2022 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShiroHusko
Hello, would this tutorial/tool work with a custom head? I'm trying to do a Zootopia mod for TS4 and I plan to port Garry's head as a CAS with facial features, If don't then what should I do or which tool should I use? I mean I've found a similar thread of a custom wolf head on TS4 studio which fowarded me to this program

https://imgur.com/a/HKluWYQ

https://imgur.com/a/0plhHnY

Do you mean you want to morph the standard head into another shape with a preset? To do that you'd have to take the base head mesh from Morphmaker, shape it the way you want, and make a preset.

Or do you want to make a custom head that works with sliders? This tool doesn't do that.

The pics you linked just show a wolf head in Blender - I don't understand what you're trying to do.

Test Subject
#85 Old 18th Feb 2022 at 7:02 PM
Do you mean you want to morph the standard head into another shape with a preset? To do that you'd have to take the base head mesh from Morphmaker, shape it the way you want, and make a preset.

Or do you want to make a custom head that works with sliders? This tool doesn't do that.

The pics you linked just show a wolf head in Blender - I don't understand what you're trying to do.

Well a custom head that works with sliders and has some facial features

Basically the linked pictures are the head I plan to port for TS4,

well anyways thanks for the info, and which tool do you recommend for such? I'm like early on in TS4 modding x3
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#86 Old 18th Feb 2022 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShiroHusko
Well a custom head that works with sliders and has some facial features

Basically the linked pictures are the head I plan to port for TS4,

well anyways thanks for the info, and which tool do you recommend for such? I'm like early on in TS4 modding x3

Honestly I don't know if such a radically different shape is going to work with human sliders. IMO your options are to use the human head and make a preset as I mentioned above, or to make a custom head and do the bone assignments and uv1 manually and assign vertex ID numbers with TS4 CAS Tools. IMO a preset is an easier way to go.

Test Subject
#87 Old 18th Feb 2022 at 9:45 PM
Honestly I don't know if such a radically different shape is going to work with human sliders. IMO your options are to use the human head and make a preset as I mentioned above, or to make a custom head and do the bone assignments and uv1 manually and assign vertex ID numbers with TS4 CAS Tools. IMO a preset is an easier way to go.

I see, well, thanks for the help, I might figure out soon( I mean there's a furry mod for TS4 so I might investigate it a little and see what would be needed for a head port )
Test Subject
#88 Old 15th Jan 2023 at 11:05 PM
I'm trying to replace the werewolf ear presets because the fact that they're so squashed together bothers me. Is there any way to do this?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#89 Old 16th Jan 2023 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HetaTorinoko
I'm trying to replace the werewolf ear presets because the fact that they're so squashed together bothers me. Is there any way to do this?

I'll have to update MorphMaker to add werewolf support and provide the werewolf heads with the modifications needed for making head morphs - then yes, as far as I know it should work like any preset.

Test Subject
#90 Old 26th Jan 2023 at 7:49 PM
I'll have to update MorphMaker to add werewolf support and provide the werewolf heads with the modifications needed for making head morphs - then yes, as far as I know it should work like any preset.

okay!! Thanks for the heads up. you carry us on your back for sure
Test Subject
#91 Old 4th Feb 2023 at 3:15 AM
Hi! I am trying to make a simple nose preset and keep getting this error no matter what I do when I am trying to create the BGEO. I made sure not to delete or add any vertices, so I am unsure what I'm doing wrong. The base obj i used as well as the blend file and my obj im trying to upload is linked below. Thank you for your help!!

(error message)

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at MorphTool.OBJ.GroupPointArray(Int32 group)
at MorphTool.GEOM.GEOMsFromOBJ(OBJ obj, GEOM refMesh)
at MorphTool.Form1.BGEOgo_button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

https://drive.google.com/drive/fold...?usp=share_link
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#92 Old 4th Feb 2023 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by capredismal
Hi! I am trying to make a simple nose preset and keep getting this error no matter what I do when I am trying to create the BGEO. I made sure not to delete or add any vertices, so I am unsure what I'm doing wrong. The base obj i used as well as the blend file and my obj im trying to upload is linked below. Thank you for your help!!

(error message)

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at MorphTool.OBJ.GroupPointArray(Int32 group)
at MorphTool.GEOM.GEOMsFromOBJ(OBJ obj, GEOM refMesh)
at MorphTool.Form1.BGEOgo_button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

https://drive.google.com/drive/fold...?usp=share_link

You exported the mesh obj without normals. Please check the obj save options and make sure you're keeping the vertex order and exporting normals.

Test Subject
#93 Old 5th Mar 2023 at 11:36 PM
You exported the mesh obj without normals. Please check the obj save options and make sure you're keeping the vertex order and exporting normals.

Thank you so much!!!
Test Subject
#94 Old 3rd Jul 2023 at 10:45 AM
Hi, I'm interested in editing preset which was made by a missing creator, whom I cannot reach or ask to edit it.

The preset's facial area is somewhat distorted, so I need to edit it.

I opened the preset in Morph maker, also could export its GEOM(.blendgeom) but I have no idea what to do next.

Can you tell me what should I do? (new to morphmaker)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#95 Old 3rd Jul 2023 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nekostation
Hi, I'm interested in editing preset which was made by a missing creator, whom I cannot reach or ask to edit it.

The preset's facial area is somewhat distorted, so I need to edit it.

I opened the preset in Morph maker, also could export its GEOM(.blendgeom) but I have no idea what to do next.

Can you tell me what should I do? (new to morphmaker)

If I remember correctly, you can export the BGEO, load it in the preview, and export the morphed mesh. Make your changes, then use it to make a new BGEO with the standard base head mesh.

Test Subject
#96 Old 4th Jul 2023 at 7:47 AM
Default Thanks
If I remember correctly, you can export the BGEO, load it in the preview, and export the morphed mesh. Make your changes, then use it to make a new BGEO with the standard base head mesh.

It worked! Thanks a lot
Test Subject
#97 Old 11th Aug 2023 at 12:40 AM Last edited by Lottisch : 12th Aug 2023 at 5:20 PM.
Hello! So really I wanted to make an ear slider (-looong- Night Elf ears), but that didn't show up in game (I used the DMap version, and even if I saw the morph in preview in MorphMaker, made the package without problems and all, the hotspot didn't show up in CAS). I opened an ear slider in TS4 MorphMaker that I have downloaded and use, to see how it was set up, and that used BGEO, so I came to this tutorial instead. I made the morph again in Blender (latest version, by the way), followed all instructions in your tutorial and did not add anything to the mesh, (I even shaped LOD1 and 2, and tried to get them to match LOD0, with great difficulty due to lack of vertices, and settled for some kind of similar shape just to -have- something, but maybe I shot myself in the foot with that one?). Anyway, when I finally had my morph exported and went to create the BGEO I got a message that the number of vertices in the base mesh and morph mesh do not match. I went back and tried to export the mesh several times from Blender, making sure the right options were checked, but no matter what I do I am given the same message. I really did not add anything, so I am stumped. I am supplying a screenshot from the export options in blender to show what I checked before I exported, in case I am blind and missed something anyway. And I am giving a link to the base and morph files, too, if those show something. I am -very- new to all this, and I have tried to find what I did wrong by searching and poking around on the internet, but to no avail. So before I start over yet again to remake the morph from scratch (I was at it for a couple of hours), I am hoping not to bother you too much with this request to check if I did something wrong.

Base: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O2...iew?usp=sharing
Morph: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T9...iew?usp=sharing

EDIT: I continued researching why creating the BGEO isn't working for me. I used Blender 3.6 to make the Base and Morph I provided links to. When checking Blender 3.6 manual, it tells me that splitting into object groups (etc) changes the vertex order. There is no option to keep vertex order in Blender 3.6 while splitting. Doing the morph without it just isn't possible, I tried. So I downloaded Blender 2.79, made sure to import base and export accordingly once the new morph was done. All export options were available. Unfortunartely, still I get the same message about numbers of vertices not matching in base and morph. Also I noticed while trying to morph the mesh (in Blender 2.79), moving vertices rips the mesh apart. I had to merge the vertices to close the seams, which I am guessing could have changed the vertex number? I will continue to muck about with it, but so far I am not having much luck.
Screenshots
Page 4 of 4