Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#326 Old 19th Dec 2015 at 7:33 PM
After not being terribly impressed by the pilot episode a few months ago, I decided to give Supergirl another shot. I still have a couple of issues with it, but I found it very watchable, and will probably be sticking with it when it comes back.

As for obsessed with, well the trailer for season 3 of The 100 came out recently, and it's looking like it's going to be another damn good season of television. Still just as obsessed with that show as I was when I discovered it a year ago. This is a show that rarely pulls its punches and is not afraid of asking its characters the tough questions. There's no magic solutions to anything and the consequences are very real. The characters are compelling and flawed while still being people you can root for. I'm just so glad it's starting to get the critical attention it deserves because more people really need to give it a chance.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#327 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 5:44 AM
I am obsessed with Supernatural, I really enjoy this show. I'm watching also Gotham, the actor who plays penguin is really good. Also I like American Horror Story, but the current series is really boring. The best was Asylum. True blood was really interesting, pity that this is the end. I started to watch the walking dead , but got stuck in the second season , episodes are long and boring for me .
Scholar
#328 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 1:48 PM
I'd always planned to eventually watch Death Note. A few days ago, a friend of a friend somehow managed to get me to watch it. I was hooked with the first episode- and I'm already half way through the entire show :O
Friend of friend, what have you done?!
Field Researcher
#329 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 11:19 PM
Shameless!

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Scholar
#330 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 5:31 AM
A few days ago I watched the first four episodes of MTV's new show The Shannara Chronicles, and I can't decide how I feel about it.

The production values are EXCELLENT. The show as a whole is just visually stunning, and the cgi is both frequent and very high quality (especially for television!). They really aren't skimping on their budget there, and it shows! A+ work. The rest of the show though...well it's not bad. It's just not particularly great. The writing isn't terrible, but it's also not exciting or fresh in any way. And it does this thing of simultaneously buying into cliches while also pretending to break them? The end result mostly just feels like they're patting themselves on the back for being progressive while still managing to tell the same stories that've been told over and over. It's...awkward. And the acting, well that's always a very subjective thing of course, but in my opinion it again tends to fall into that "not exactly bad but not really good either" place. Despite all this, I am developing soft spots for many of the characters, and the dynamics between them have a lot of potential.

So yeah, in many ways it's disappointing, and yet I can't stop thinking about it? Something about it has captured my imagination despite the flaws. So I'm sticking around for the rest of the season (mostly for the pretty pretty imagery and the characters I'm already shipping (oops?) more than I should be), and fingers crossed that the weaker elements improve with time?

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Instructor
#331 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 12:27 PM
House of Cards is my current project! It's insanely good, although a very stressful show to get invested in.
Test Subject
#332 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 7:03 PM
Black Books, The Mighty Boosh, Little Britian, BlackAdder II and Russell Howard's Good News. ^^
Scholar
#333 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 10:28 PM
Homes Under the Hammer, Wanted Down Under, Would Lie To You?, Nevermind the Buzzcocks, Russell Howard's Good News
That's the list of shows that I've been watching a lot recently.
Scholar
#334 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 2:45 PM
I'm eagerly impatiently awaiting the next episode of the X-Files. It's making me sad to think this might be really real end, although there's talk of a season 11. Not to mention the announcer during the Super Bowl said "two more episodes until the season finale."

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Scholar
#335 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 9:30 PM
@Pizza YES! I think there's also one called Grand Designs (it has a different name here). Its the best of all of the home shows.

Saw an ad for Quantico yesterday evening. Watched half of the season by staying up till 2 am. No regrets.
Banned
#336 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 4:14 AM
What Would You Do. Love that show so much!!! And I watch Dance Moms despite it being repetitive, staged drama between grown women. Oh and new episodes of Shark Tank!
Mad Poster
#337 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 7:48 PM
Re-watching Scrubs. My all time favourite tv show.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Theorist
#338 Old 23rd Feb 2016 at 3:52 PM
Finished Downton Abbey, started Orphan Black. Just watched the pilot.

Resident wet blanket.
Scholar
#339 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 9:47 PM
I was all "I'll just watch the first episode of season two of The Leftovers for now" and then I binged watched it in two days, only taking a break to sleep.

Truly one of the best dramas I've seen, with incredible acting all around and one of the most realistic portrayals of grief and loss I've seen. Much better than the book, and season two - which was all original writing - was stellar.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Instructor
#340 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 2:43 AM
I am watching a ton of the 1960s Batman series and Bonanza, now that both of these series are finally out on home video. I guess you could say I am on a 60s kick right now.

I am also working my way through Babylon 5 again and have just made it to the end of season 4, while season 5 is far from perfect a lot of people say that it is worse then Voyager and Enterprise and I don't think that is true by a long shot.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Mad Poster
#341 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 10:43 PM
That 70s Show

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Instructor
#342 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 4:15 AM
Psych Still one of the best and most fun shows ever. I have been feeling depressed lately and watching this show helps. I think my favorite episode was their spoof of Twin Peaks. Oh and it has the best theme tune ever. If you have not read the tie in guide book to being a PI, you should, it really feels like it was written ny the characters on the show. We need more relaxing fun shows like this that are not all dark and depressing. Game of thrones and the wire are great, but they don't help when I am feeling down in the dumps.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Theorist
#343 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 5:05 PM
Almost caught up on Orphan Black.
Started Rectify on recommendation of someone on another forum. It's pretty good, kind of slow paced, but good characters. It's a serial drama about a guy who has been on death row 20yrs for confessing to the rape and murder of a girl when he was 18, and is released from prison when DNA results show he didn't rape her. Questions of whether he gave a false confession or committed the murder remain.

Resident wet blanket.
Scholar
#344 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 12:23 PM
Every once in a while I fall back in love with Skins. Loved Generation 1 and 3, though I hated the second lot so I skip series 3 and 4. Still remains one of the best teen dramas though. Definitely one of those shows that helped redefine the genre and made its mark.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Mad Poster
#345 Old 6th May 2016 at 5:36 AM
Archer. The show is more about dysfunction within office politics that it is about espionage.

The episode "Live and Let Dine" is just too much. Aside from my father finding it funny as he works at a restaurant (even self-appointing himself as Garçon de Cuisine), I am actually starting to develop a biting sense of humor.

However, I only use biting humor when I want mountain-to-shore total destruction (Smurfs reference).

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Instructor
#346 Old 14th May 2016 at 2:45 PM
I'm all caught up with House of Cards, I'm currently watching Sons of Anarchy with my boyfriend! It's really cheesy, especially in the beginning, but it's really grown on me.
Theorist
#347 Old 16th May 2016 at 8:35 PM
Watching Walking Dead season 6 in the daytime, and Banshee at night. Banshee is a serial drama. Very similar to Sons of Anarchy in that it's a bit cheesy - implausible situations, over the top action, excessive and drawn out fight scenes, an abundance of graphic violence, and a ton of sex scenes.

Resident wet blanket.
Scholar
#348 Old 20th May 2016 at 6:24 PM
I might get round to watching Misfits again because Nathan is the awesomest little shit ever. But I have other shows that I'm prioritising such as Peaky Blinders and How To Get Away With Murder (need to catch up). I'll start on the 6th, and see how it goes from there
Lab Assistant
#349 Old 21st May 2016 at 5:31 AM
Houdini and Doyle. The mustaches are strong in this one.
Theorist
#350 Old 25th May 2016 at 5:49 PM
Still watching Banshee. I'd have to say the violence, fight scenes, and cringe-worthy gore definitely rivals that of Game of Thrones. Right off the bat, S03E03 starts off with a fight scene that's cringe-worthy, to say the least.
One thing unique about the show is they have a lot of bad-ass women taking on men, like in the aforementioned fight scene.

Resident wet blanket.
Page 14 of 21