Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#101 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SarahKjrsten
I followed the tutorial and can apply different shader presets, but I can't edit them at all. I don't have any "shader settings" options at all.

That doesn't sound right. Can you post a screenshot of your ReShade tool?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
That doesn't sound right. Can you post a screenshot of your ReShade tool?

I restarted the game to get a screenshot, and now it is there. It definitely wasn't there before, but it's there now. I don't know what happened, but I'm glad it's working!
Instructor
Original Poster
#103 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 12:28 AM Last edited by alverdine : 27th Jul 2016 at 12:51 AM.
You need to have a shader actually selected before the option to tweak it's settings appears

Edit: just to clarify, when you click on the name of a shader or on the checkbox all it does it toggle it on/off. Click the empty area to the right to make it selected.
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alverdine
You need to have a shader actually selected before the option to tweak it's settings appears

Edit: just to clarify, when you click on the name of a shader or on the checkbox all it does it toggle it on/off. Click the empty area to the right to make it selected.

That makes sense! Thank you!
Test Subject
#105 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 9:01 AM
I wanted to say real quick that for all the people where Reshade 2.0 didn't work, because they have 2 graphic cards (integrated and dedicated), the newest version Reshade 3.0 now works with it.
It's still in BETA and the available presets are not that many, but you can always create your own. So it's something
Test Subject
#106 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mimisapje
I wanted to say real quick that for all the people where Reshade 2.0 didn't work, because they have 2 graphic cards (integrated and dedicated), the newest version Reshade 3.0 now works with it.
It's still in BETA and the available presets are not that many, but you can always create your own. So it's something

Yep I changed my graphics card a month ago to an Nvidia card and I was wondering why Reshade was no longer working... Hopefully this helps. Thanks
Mad Poster
#107 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 11:54 AM
A few screenshots with 1980s-style postprocessing.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
#108 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 2:28 AM
So pretty :D
Forum Resident
#109 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 2:46 PM Last edited by LucieSims : 11th Oct 2016 at 6:56 PM.
Good to know there is a stuff to improve the quality of the game, but halas I don't think I can use it at all in my gross crappy graphic card and my very old rusty computer.
Often I am very so ashamed to share so much bad quality pictures.I don't have any other choices.

Edit :

I downloaded reshade 3.0 and the launcher crashed . I had to delete it.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Mad Poster
#110 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 2:12 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 30th Oct 2016 at 10:34 AM.
For those who can't be bothered to set up a whole profile for themselves, I've got one for you. Download here.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 2nd Dec 2016 at 10:23 PM
Sorry for bumping

Has anyone figured out if it's possible to change the depth focus to stay in one fixed point at all times instead of following the mouse cursor?
Mad Poster
#112 Old 2nd Dec 2016 at 11:43 PM
Yeah, just set DOF_AUTOFOCUS and DOF_MOUSEDRIVEN_AF to 0.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 11:09 PM
Has anyone tried ReShade 3? It's almost completely different from the previous version, they removed a lot of filters and added new ones, however I noticed the DoF filter is even more intuitive as you're not restricted to have it set only in one place of the screen or follow the mouse pointer, it now works like a charm.

The only thing that hasn't been changed is the fact that the UI is still being affected as well, I've read in the ReShade forums that there's now way to change that, at least not for TS3, because ReShade is a generic tool. I wonder if there's a way to exclude the UI elements extracted from within the game files, though, I've seeen a few people enhancing only certain elements of the frame by using a mask that affects a certain color sample so there must be something else we can try.
Mad Poster
#114 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 3:37 PM
I'd be inclined to try it, if not for that fact you mentioned, that the set of filters is now completely different. I've only gotten used to 2.0's filters just now, and I'm still perfecting the presets that I use now, so I don't think I'll be getting the newer version anytime soon.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 7:10 PM
I'd be inclined to try it, if not for that fact you mentioned, that the set of filters is now completely different. I've only gotten used to 2.0's filters just now, and I'm still perfecting the presets that I use now, so I don't think I'll be getting the newer version anytime soon.

I kinda had to get it because ReShade 2 just won't work on my new laptop, and I tried EVERYTHING to make it work. I've been messing around with nearly all filters but I keep changing things every time I play, lol.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#116 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 7:42 PM
I tried it with my game but... it seems to be crashing my game. The latest version I mean.
Mad Poster
#117 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 2:58 PM
Have you tried the old version (preferably 2.0.3)? And, perhaps more importantly, though I think I already know the answer to that, you aren't by chance playing on a laptop?

insert signature here
Virtual gardener
#118 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 4:35 PM
Have you tried the old version (preferably 2.0.3)? And, perhaps more importantly, though I think I already know the answer to that, you aren't by chance playing on a laptop?

I always play my games on a desktop computer (because... reasons ) so that doesn't seem to be the issue. Though I switched to 3.0 after I've been trying out 2.0.3 but 3.0 seems to be crashing my game when I boost it up. It basically happens when Reshade loads about 41% of it content/plugins, then the game suddenly crashes, without leaving any 'hey this program is not responding, let's wait!' but seems to just ask me to close the program at once... So I guess I'll switch back to 2.0.3 instead of trying out that latest version... If I can find the 2.0.3 installer somewhere... hmm..
Mad Poster
#119 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
If I can find the 2.0.3 installer somewhere... hmm..

You mean here?

insert signature here
Virtual gardener
#120 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 9:02 PM
You mean here?

Must have missed that one when looking for reshade 2.0... Thanks Pi! :D
Mad Poster
#121 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 1:42 AM
Subtlety is king. No huge changes, no excessive filtering, and yet a million times nicer than vanilla - see if you can spot the differences.

insert signature here
Instructor
#122 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 10:10 PM
Does anybody know if whatever issues this was having on Laptops with NVIDIA cards has been resolved with version 3?
Mad Poster
#123 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 4:37 AM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 30th Mar 2017 at 2:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by orose
Does anybody know if whatever issues this was having on Laptops with NVIDIA cards has been resolved with version 3?

I don't know, I still use version 2. But I was gonna do some experimenting with Reshade on my laptop, which has a NVIDIA card, anyway. So I might as well try v3.

And just a small observation about Reshade now that I've been using it for about 8 months: A good preset, like the one I've been using and perfecting for the last 8 months, makes the entire game more coherent/consistent aesthetically (because better lighting generally means graphical imperfections and quirks will be less obvious), but I've noticed a few very small things about Reshade that make the game just slightly less fun overall.

- Constantly having to toggle certain effects on or off. Reshade won't let me have AO and DOF at the same time, so I have to switch between them whenever I particularly want to use one over the other. And while I've kept the bloom and glow effects as subtle as possible, having a grey-white UI means that some menus can be quite hard/almost impossible to traverse without toggling off these effects. But thank god you can toggle the individual effects with keyboard shortcuts.
- Having to use Fraps to capture everything. That means the UI gets captured too if you forget to hide it. Which, praise the Sim gods, you can actually do.
- Reshade is very good at enabling my perfectionism. Since I have the option to create presets, that of course means I have a million different ones. And sometimes I need to switch between them, and then I notice something I don't like, and then I'm off to go fix it, and before you know it I've once again completely forgotten about the game itself. Which is the only thing that SHOULD matter.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 6:02 PM
I tried it on The Sims 2 Uilmate Collection and it work well
Mad Poster
#125 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 6:03 PM
I did too, and it crashed my game to the desktop. I've also had to completely reinstall TS2.

insert signature here
Page 5 of 6