Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2008 at 9:54 PM
Default Anyone want an A-McLevel?
Should private companies be given the power to grant diplomas and A-Levels? Is this unfair on smaller businesses? Would anyone want one anyway?

Click here for the story...
Advertisement
#2 Old 29th Jan 2008 at 8:58 AM
I've done a few traineeships through private companies (Target and the one I'm at now) that have earnt me nationally accredited qualifications that normally would only be gained through a uni. I feel that as long as someone is doing the work required to earn their qualifications why not?
Test Subject
#3 Old 29th Jan 2008 at 10:44 AM
My best friend has been working at McDonalds for over two years as a part time job and she *hates* it. I hope people don't think it'll just be an easy way to get a qualification, McDonald's is not a nice place to work as I have heard from more than one person, from different areas. My best friend tells me of stuff her managers do like pretty much forcing her to do overtime.

I think if it will be taken as a proper A level then why not give them one, but people shouldn't think "Heh I can just work there and get a qualification easily".

~Love is blind, i know this because you cant see me!~
#4 Old 29th Jan 2008 at 7:16 PM
I'd rather have A-Levels in Maths, Biology and Chemistry than Lettuce-shredding to be honest.. ;/ Get qualifications at McDonalds = Be stuck in Fast Food for the rest of eternity. At least if you get educated somewhere proper, you have more options open to you for the future.