Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 11:05 PM
Default Premade Tiling Texture Repository
Upon user suggestion (thanks, SailorZeo!), this thread has been created to allow skinners (clothing recolour artists) to upload the tiling textures they've created based on Faylen's tutorial on creating tiling textures to share with others for use in their projects.

Please only upload textures you have created/made tiling yourself: if you know of a place online to find tiling textures, you can link to it in this thread, but please don't upload textures belonging to others. Also, please try to list in text (i.e. "dark green large scale plaid texture with small pink roses") what you are uploading, a short description of what it is, in hopes of making this repository easy to navigate and somewhat searchable by searching the thread.

If you use these textures in your work, please take a moment to thank the original uploader of the texture in your upload thread.

Please do not upload any non-tiling textures, textures you have not created/converted yourself, or anything not directly related to the purpose of this repository. If you have questions on how to create content, this is not the right place: see the Skinning FAQ. Any off-topic posts or textures that do not follow the guidelines above will be removed.

Just a note while we're on the subject... my favourite site for premade tiling textures is The Inspiration Gallery. Better for wallpapers mostly, but they have some nice damask textures that can be useful for historical fashions.

Also good for tiling textures (thanks for the link, LyricLee) is The Fat Strawberry.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
7 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th Jul 2006 at 12:15 AM
Whee!!

One of the first textures I've made, repeating flamingos. The scale is sort of large, but it's large in 1:1 scale, too. It makes cute pajamas.

Light blue background, pink and lavender flamingos. There's a thumbnail, too, a snippet from the larger file.

Zeo,
thrilled
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  flamingo.rar (764.5 KB, 60 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Jul 2006 at 2:08 AM
Here's a site with very simple seamless patterns: http://www.squidfingers.com/patterns/
Test Subject
#4 Old 9th Jul 2006 at 9:40 PM
More of my patterns, all in one post, just because.

Yellow background with tropical birds
Green background with tropical flowers

Both are scanned from fabric and tested for scale in Bodyshop. They are sort of a larger scale (the yellow is great for Hawaiian shirts, and the green was nice on a sundress). They also make really gaudy desktop wallpapers.

Zeo
Attached files:
File Type: zip  tropicalprints.zip (1.81 MB, 71 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 9th Jul 2006 at 11:06 PM
http://citrusmoon.typepad.com/ This site is amazing! You can even get a tile tailored to what color you want.
http://www.burrows.com/index.html It's actually a website devoted to home furnishings from the Arts & Crafts movement, but it has some nice patterns up on its wallpaper and fabrics pages.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Jul 2006 at 5:42 AM
Just a small contribution as I'm doing a buy/build set in this pattern and I think it could make a cute accent fabric on clothing, though I think it's a bit busy for a full outfit...

Daisy weeds William Morris Art Nouveau pattern, light yellow background with yellow, white, and red flowers.
Screenshots

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 6:06 AM Last edited by matildarose : 27th Jul 2006 at 6:22 AM.
I found this site via the Blarney Stone website.

The Fat Strawberry Free Seamless Tiling Textures
http://www.fatstrawberry.com/

Also!

http://www.pixeldecor.com/index.shtml
http://www.mayang.com/textures/
Test Subject
#8 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 3:40 PM
Thanks to all for the links..

Happy New Tear To every one
Scholar
#9 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 10:51 AM
@ http://www.renderosity.com/mod/free...name=Fringewood
you'll find several free fabric base kits, denim, seasonal fabrics, natural, etc

have a look also @ http://www.renderosity.com/mod/free...?user_id=294016
and
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/free...p?user_id=85208
for lace, kilt and metallic textile

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 2:00 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 21st Jan 2007 at 2:15 PM.
  • Interesting dark grey pinstripe suiting fabric.
  • Grey tweed suiting fabric.
  • Cream cotton ruffle, with transparency. Horizontally seamless.
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#11 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 8:39 PM
http://www.grsites.com/textures/

This site has a very large selection of tiling textures; all catagorized by type and color. It would take someone ages just to look at them all. You can even do things on-site like change a texture's color, rotate it, change contrast and brightness, etc. (You can do all those things in your graphics program, to be sure, but I think it's good to be able to see how a texture will look with a color ahead of time.)

Thanks to everyone else for their contributions, they've really encouraged me to keep up my mish-mash beginner's skinning. :D
Field Researcher
#12 Old 28th May 2007 at 6:03 AM Last edited by nixie : 13th Jun 2007 at 12:29 PM.
Default Genetica
Its a seamless tiling program called Genetica , I did not make this seamless textures it comes preset with 500 seamless texture.

hope that help.

This is a better link to more texture/seamless tiling generator/programs, and a photoshop seamless workshop plug-ins (version compatibility unknown).

Two texture related plug-ins for GIMP - link and here

there are also some texture that is usable on wikicommon
Ben Cloward - Character Animator who takes his camera everywhere and is sharing his textures with the 3D community. Please read his terms.
Oops how could I have forgotten Mayang Free Texture Library. (Hi Res yes!)
More Free Textures, look at the beautiful tiles .

Marjorie Dawes: Dust. Anybody? No? High in fat, low in fat? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust.
Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. It's actually very low in fat. You can have as much dust as you like.
Sims Love to Run with Scissors, Simmers Love to Download.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 9:30 PM
Poor, dead thread

Well, I found this cool little tool whilst browsing the V&A Museum site and got so excited it's pathetic, really...

It's a "Create-A-Tartan"-toy, and if you like me have experienced how hard it is to find seamless tartan patterns (especially in the colours you're looking for) you'll think this thing is awesome (it is!)

You can customize your pattern in all sorts of ways and the resolution is fairly good as well - yay!

Linkie: http://www.vam.ac.uk/vastatic/micro...ood/tartan.html
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 11:07 AM
Thanks for a great find Berg!

MEH
Instructor
#15 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 4:14 PM
Gingham Checks - Red - Small Scale and Large Scale

Images for both scale sizes included in the .rar file. They are very small images due to the fact that they are tiling and square and will repeat perfectly, horizontally and vertically using flood fill and scaled to 100%.
Attached Images

Attached files:
File Type: rar  Gingham Checks Red.rar (5.9 KB, 36 downloads) - View custom content
Instructor
#16 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 4:18 PM
Gingham Checks - Peach - Small Scale and Large Scale

Images for both scale sizes included in the .rar file. They are very small images due to the fact that they are tiling and square and will repeat perfectly, horizontally and vertically using flood fill and scaled to 100%.
Attached Images

Attached files:
File Type: rar  Gingham Checks Peach.rar (5.7 KB, 31 downloads) - View custom content
Instructor
#17 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 4:20 PM
Gingham Checks - Yellow - Small Scale and Large Scale

Attached Images

Attached files:
File Type: rar  Gingham Checks Yellow.rar (5.7 KB, 27 downloads) - View custom content
Instructor
#18 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 4:26 PM
Gingham Checks - Pink - Small Scale and Large Scale

Attached Images

Attached files:
File Type: rar  Gingham Checks Pink.rar (5.6 KB, 23 downloads) - View custom content
Instructor
#19 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 4:33 PM
Gingham Checks - Bright Green - Small Scale and Large Scale

Attached Images

Attached files:
File Type: rar  Gingham Checks Bright Green.rar (5.1 KB, 22 downloads) - View custom content
Instructor
#20 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 4:39 PM
Gingham Checks - Dark Green - Small Scale and Large Scale

Attached Images

Attached files:
File Type: rar  Gingham Checks Dark Green.rar (5.1 KB, 24 downloads) - View custom content
Instructor
#21 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 4:48 PM
Gingham Checks - Light Blue-Green - Small Scale and Large Scale

Attached Images

Attached files:
File Type: rar  Gingham Checks Light Blue-Green.rar (5.7 KB, 23 downloads) - View custom content
Instructor
#22 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 4:55 PM
Gingham Checks - Dark Blue - Small Scale and Large Scale

Attached Images

Attached files:
File Type: rar  Gingham Checks Dark Blue.rar (5.7 KB, 26 downloads) - View custom content
Instructor
#23 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 5:39 PM
Gingham Checks - Light Blue - Small Scale and Large Scale

Attached Images

Attached files:
File Type: rar  Gingham Checks Light Blue.rar (5.0 KB, 30 downloads) - View custom content
Instructor
#24 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 5:47 PM
Gingham Checks - Light Lavender - Small Scale and Large Scale

Attached Images

Attached files:
File Type: rar  Gingham Checks Light Lavender.rar (5.8 KB, 20 downloads) - View custom content
Instructor
#25 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 5:52 PM
Gingham Checks - Purple - Small Scale and Large Scale

Attached Images

Attached files:
File Type: rar  Gingham Checks Purple.rar (5.8 KB, 24 downloads) - View custom content
Page 1 of 2