Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#201 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rodrigues
that's not how you count

That's how you add fractions...
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#202 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
That's how you add fractions...

It's adding two different things though, not numbers. That means it will add part of two different packs but never at its fullest... and end up being none.
Theorist
#203 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rodrigues
It's adding two different things though, not numbers. It means the game will add part of two different packs but never at its fullest... it doesn't sound very promising.

Yes but you're still getting over 100% of content. The fullest would be 200% which I would highly doubt but assuming that they take 2/3 (66%.6%/67% if rounded) from both packs add them together you get 4/3, which is 133.3% of content. So you'd get 33.3% of bonus content. Which would sounds pretty damn great if I do say so myself. If I had that for a grade in my college classes I'd cry.
Forum Resident
#204 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 12:45 AM Last edited by rodrigues : 9th Feb 2015 at 12:56 AM.
But what's the point of having just part of two different game mechanics? Wouldn't it be better if they just focused on one of them and develop it at its fullest? You won't have 133% of content. You will have 2/3 of content if you wanna go to your work place and 2/3 of content if you want to open a business. You had two packs, now you have 1.33. I'm not sure that's good, but maybe that's just me?

Anyway - I actually think the Ambitions part of the pack is looking better than Ambitions itself. The problem to me is - I'm more interested on the OFB part, which is much more complex, and for that reason, I can't help but expect it to be a total mess.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#205 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 2:18 AM
I think they'll develop the careers okay, but running a business - we'll have to see how that plays out.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#206 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 2:28 AM
Just wanted to point out that none of the sims games had locking doors in the base game, I had sims walk in on each other in all four games, I usually modded the games so my sims wouldn't mind the intrusion
Inventor
#207 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 2:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pkessler
I think the point is that the aliens DO look like aliens, they just walk around in secret. Like they infiltrate society by trying to look like regular Sims, and when you expose a Sim as an alien, you see their true form.

From a guru's diary:

- Sims who look like bears. Done.

- Sims who look like aliens who look like Sims. To be released soon.

- Sims who look like vampires who look like Sims who look like Transilvanian counts who look like Sims. Still in development.

More to follow.
Lab Assistant
#208 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by misstrgal
Just wanted to point out that none of the sims games had locking doors in the base game, I had sims walk in on each other in all four games, I usually modded the games so my sims wouldn't mind the intrusion

This is true but it goes along with people wanting EP stuff in the base game, you know, which, I obv don't think is fair for sales but on the other hand, did anyone buy a whole EP for locking doors? It's totally something that they could just throw in that won't hurt sales.
Top Secret Researcher
#209 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 7:21 AM
I like the enthusiasm and optimism shown by some of the posters on this thread. I hope Get to Work doesn't let you down. After all, Outdoor Retreat had lots of content and added game play at the price of a TS3 stuff pack. I know there is much more info to come about EP1, but from where I stand it looks like 30-40% of OFB and 30-40% of Ambitions, which is less than 100% of any EP. I am looking forward to more details as we get closer to launch. And toddlers- always looking forward to toddlers!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Lab Assistant
#210 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 8:49 AM
hope dies last
Theorist
#211 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 9:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by karamela131
hope dies last

OH NOES! Don't kill Hope!

I survived September 2nd 2014 and all I got was this lousy thread - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532774
Forum Resident
#212 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 11:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by misstrgal

Oh god, i HATE that argument. This game has turned our expectations so low, that we should never, ever, expect anything that hasn't been part of previous basegames, because we're lucky to even have ANY stuff that is in previous basegames.

Edit: Locking doors is much more needed in TS4 than previous iterations, but don't expect them to aknowledge that our someone comes around telling you this game is like every other basegame before lacking in this department. As if lacking is a great achievment.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#213 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 11:26 AM
I don't think it's right that each iteration of the game returns all the way to base, anyway. Why can't each game build on the foundations of the previous, at least when it comes to these everyday family and domestic details. EPs should be about *expanding* gameplay - university, travel, advneture, special day out and evening out themes, etc. The basic family and home stuff should never be stripped back from what it had already become, unless the feature being stripped back had shown itself to be unpopular in the last game.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
One Minute Ninja'd
#214 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
The basic family and home stuff should never be stripped back from what it had already become, unless the feature being stripped back had shown itself to be unpopular in the last game.

You mean like how all those folks bitched about toddlers in 3, and they disappeared in 4?
Forum Resident
#215 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 1:22 PM
I don't think it's right that each iteration of the game returns all the way to base, anyway. Why can't each game build on the foundations of the previous, at least when it comes to these everyday family and domestic details. EPs should be about *expanding* gameplay - university, travel, advneture, special day out and evening out themes, etc. The basic family and home stuff should never be stripped back from what it had already become, unless the feature being stripped back had shown itself to be unpopular in the last game.

I especially don't get why they don't decide to start with all the stuff they've added through base game updates. If this things have been needed in past base games (and they just didn't notice it until people pointed it out), where is the logic in cutting this stuff out in the next Iteration? there is none, they just don't have the time for it. Sad.
Field Researcher
#216 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 1:24 PM
The thing is though, if you don't like toddlers you can just birthday-cake-'em from baby-to-toddler-to-child, or use a mod to right-click-age-up or whatever, and never have to deal with them. If they are gone though, they are GONE. Modders can't just add them back in.
Lab Assistant
#217 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 2:00 PM
There is also the possibility that EA will make an expansion like Generations, with toddlers and real old people and smaller teens. I think something like that it will sell, yes we will say that all that should be free, but I think everyone of us will buy it. Playing now sims 4, I get a weird feeling, the families really need something more, and I am saying there are not only the toddlers that are missing.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#218 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 2:14 PM
As for the whole "Adding EP content to a future base game," we got out lounges, nightclubs and bars - which is all fine and dandy, and I don't think anyone would deny that. That's content we usually waited about a year for, post base game. The issue is the cost at which it happened. I can go out and get hammered every night, but shopping anywhere other than my home is a little too much to ask for.

Mad Poster
#219 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by karamela131
There is also the possibility that EA will make an expansion like Generations, with toddlers and real old people

Well that's a new one. What's wrong with the TS4 elders?

Agreed. I'd rather wait a year to get real nightclubs, lounges, rocket ships, ect. in an EP than wait all that time for things that probably should have been there from the start. And that's if we get anything family related at all. The last time somebody asked a guru about whether or not there would be more family oriented content, his response was

"Yeah sure, there's a dating expansion in the works!"

Instructor
#220 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I think they'll develop the careers okay, but running a business - we'll have to see how that plays out.

If Maxis hasn't become totally retarded and incompetent of programming, they will do it veeeery similarly to The Sims 2 OFB.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Scholar
#221 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2

Really, the only thing wrong is the skin texture, it's the same airbrushed and youthful skin that all ages have.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#222 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 4:16 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 9th Feb 2015 at 4:27 PM.

Agreed. I'd rather wait a year to get real nightclubs, lounges, rocket ships, ect. in an EP than wait all that time for things that probably should have been there from the start. And that's if we get anything family related at all. The last time somebody asked a guru about whether or not there would be more family oriented content, his response was

"Yeah sure, there's a dating expansion in the works!"

I expect the business mechanics to work just like they did in OFB, since businesses are the first EP. When we get a restaurant, if we can't both visit and run one, EA are slipping. And that dating EP better come with modular seating - booths and couches. >_>

It's practically a standard now,

Mad Poster
#223 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 4:37 PM
I don't wanna see musical chairs + booths and modular seats
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#224 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 4:46 PM
That can be a business in and of itself.

Scholar
#225 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 7:02 PM Last edited by aeval99 : 9th Feb 2015 at 8:45 PM.
I don't wanna see musical chairs + booths and modular seats

Just shoot me now! I can't bear to even think of such a thing.
Locked thread
Page 9 of 447