Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 3:23 PM
Default Names for businesses
This is just like the town name thread, except for community lots. If you came up with a good name for one of your shops, or you have a favorite Maxis name or you have some good ideas, this is the place to share.

I only have one owned business in my town ATM, and it's named after the family that owns it, but I like Maxis's Papaya Regime (a play on Banana Republic).
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 4:19 PM
I always like to make a second-hand shop called Charity's Shoppe. You know, like a charity shop :D

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 4:44 PM
Sim Sample had a grilled cheese restaurant called 'Homage Du Fromage' (which was a resounding flop), and another sim owns a motel which is called The Quinoa (it's seedy).
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 4:57 PM Last edited by PipthePuffin4 : 19th Nov 2018 at 5:11 PM.
I was struggling for one for a car dealership before I came up with 'Flashy Chassis'. Works better when you know the plural of chassis is chassis (different pronunciation).
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 5:00 PM
I have a park named "Back To Nature" that features a pond.
A lot called "The Cash Cow" which features the infamous coconut pinball machines-and the "Laundromat Cafe" where one sits to have lunch or brunch while waiting for your clothes to wash and you dish out dirty laundry of your own to your friends.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 5:09 PM
Alas, for the businesses of Drama Acres, which will never now reach level 10: Lily's House of Transformation (beauty parlor and boutique); Casa de los Widgets (the Casa family's electronics store); Kid Stuff (toys and baby supplies courtesy of Pigeon Hawkins); the Hot Spot nightclub; and others more prosaicly named.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#7 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 8:17 PM
In the Dutch version of Downtown, the graveyard is called "Tuintje op je buik", which translates as "Little Garden on your Stomach".
I've named lots of self builded graveyards after that one.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 9:53 PM
Plenty of the decorative items in the catalog have creative names, and depending on what you're doing they can be repurposed into names for a business, especially if you use a lot of that object on the property then too.

EG, a 'couples hotel' called the "Neon Flamingo" (not in any way inspired by a project that I'm working on as part of one of my builds at this very moment)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 10:37 PM
Lol, I have a motel up called the Flamingo http://modthesims.info/d/587062/the...otel-no-cc.html There is just something about those neon flamingoes.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 10:59 PM
Oakbrook:
In Belladonna Cove, the Cordials opened a witchery shop called Arcane Affinity.
In Riverblossom Hills, Leod McGreggor runs the rather uncreatively-named McGreggor's Greens.
In Desiderata Valley, Natasha Una runs a grilled cheese deli (which also sells pottery on the side) called The Muenster.

Older hoods:
Quarterstop Junction (arcade)
Expressions (salon/massage parlor)
The Cutting Edge (another salon)
The Book Nook (was actually the name of a real-life bookstore I used to visit)

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#11 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 12:06 AM
Hmmm... I don't have many owned business lots that aren't just EAxis lots that had been purchased. I do have a shop called GothRoBoutique... A Goth descendant sells stuff from the machine crafting table there. Kind of a "Robotic / Robo Botique" pun.

When i DO get around to building my desired Old Western Frontier vacation village (we NEED a functional mechanical bull, for crying out loud!!), there's going to be a little bed & breakfast with some Ladies of the Evening called, "Strumpets & Crumpets". The proprietor may be a madame named Charlotte, making them Charlotte's Harlots. Or Susie's Floozies. Maybe that'll be the competition...

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#12 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 1:00 AM
Speaking of motels: my most favorite 'naughty' motel (which has been popular since the day it was built) is none other than "The Bates Motel".

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 2:15 AM
My favorite store in my town is "Sheets and Giggles" which specializes in bedroom furniture.
Scholar
#14 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 3:19 PM
Two non-sims businesses near me that might inspire: Bimbo Bread and Convent Auto.

Talk about niche businesses!

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 10:10 AM
Bimbo Bread sounds catchy!

The old Londoste restaurant in downtown has become a hotel keeping its old name. As for my Sims,

Anais recently opened a beauty salon called "Run with Scissors". She has no badge in cosmetology.
Yokito is the proud owner of a successful sushi bar-restaurant called "New Age".
Count D. has a pet shop named after him.
Daisuke opened a Venetian style coffee shop which also serves pastries and salads. In his ignorance of what that "Florian" meant, he named it "Caffè Florian di Daisuke".
Mad Poster
#16 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 3:23 PM
Actually, Grupo Bimbo is a huge Mexican baking conglomerate, so it's hardly a niche business.

The first small business in Retropleasantspot is Lana Mann's Bobs and Buns Barbershop. The first owned community lot on Fishers' Island is the Boombox, a night club consisting of a shipping container and a portable stereo.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#17 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Actually, Grupo Bimbo is a huge Mexican baking conglomerate, so it's hardly a niche business.

The first small business in Retropleasantspot is Lana Mann's Bobs and Buns Barbershop. The first owned community lot on Fishers' Island is the Boombox, a night club consisting of a shipping container and a portable stereo.

I meant Bimbo as in, they only make bread for bimbos. Sorry, it's not funny if you have to explain it...

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Mad Poster
#18 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 10:19 PM
Squeedly Spooch Incorporated.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry