Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 10:31 PM Last edited by a31cefiro : 17th Dec 2009 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Added in pictures.
Diagonal walls + rooves = NO GOOD!
Hey everyone, I hope I've posted this in the right section.

Yesterday I tried making a house in TS3. "Oh cool!" I thought, when I saw diagonal rooms/walls. I made a two story house where the bottom story was a large rectangle with a diagonal square coming off one side. I then made the second story a small rectangle.

It all goes well, then I remember I have to stick a roof on, and that's when it failed . The roof looked crazy! It had so many apexs, jagged bits, bits going all over the show. I was really disapointed. I couldn't even put on a roof manually, it would jut into the second story rooms (even though they had a floor).

I don't have any screenshots but I could take some if needed to show what I mean.

Is the only way to have a roof on an oddly shaped building, is to have a flat one?

Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by a31cefiro
Hey everyone, I hope I've posted this in the right section.

Yesterday I tried making a house in TS3. "Oh cool!" I thought, when I saw diagonal rooms/walls. I made a two story house where the bottom story was a large rectangle with a diagonal square coming off one side. I then made the second story a small rectangle.

It all goes well, then I remember I have to stick a roof on, and that's when it failed . The roof looked crazy! It had so many apexs, jagged bits, bits going all over the show. I was really disapointed. I couldn't even put on a roof manually, it would jut into the second story rooms (even though they had a floor).

I don't have any screenshots but I could take some if needed to show what I mean.

Is the only way to have a roof on an oddly shaped building, is to have a flat one?

Can you put floor tiles on the roof of the upper floor and add gables to change the way the roofing works?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 11:05 PM
Hmm I'm not sure, I'll have a go. I never really tried making houses in TS1 and TS2, so it's all a bit new.

Thanks for the help
Banned
#4 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 11:12 PM
You used auto roofs. None of those are diagonal.

You have to place the diagonal ones yourself.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 11:17 PM
I tried doing that and still got strange results - I must just be doing it wrong.

Thanks, I'll try again.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator