Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 6:28 PM
Default Which fighter plane to use - opinion needed
Hi, guys. I'm trying cutback CC items from my world and one of the deco items I have is a fighter plane by TjStreak. Then yesterday it occured to me that there is a fighter plane statue in the game and it's a big one. I placed it in caw and it doesn't look half bad, just smaller than the custom plane. Of course, the leg of the statue shows and there are no wheels. I would love to hear what you all think and if the statue plane looks just plain stupid. Here's a pic (added deco car for size comparison)...

Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 8:03 PM
My opinion: The size difference doesn't matter because it's a completely different model of plane anyway. Some fighter jets are smaller than others. The lack of wheels does look a little bit silly, but it's not something I would really be paying a lot of attention to most of the time. (Unless that is the only spot for some of the more useful spawners... )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 9:42 PM
The CC one definitely looks better. The EA one is dopey and cartoonish, and it somehow doesn't fit in as well with the rest of the game as the F15 model you're using. Unless you absolutely HAVE to, I wouldn't get rid of this one.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
dodgy builder
#4 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 12:17 PM
The pixelated EA thing botheres me. I would be willing to sacrifice a few legs to have something that isn't pixelated.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 6:00 PM
Thank you guys for your opinions. I really appreciate them. I'm so torn between the two. I mean the smaller, EA one obviously has better texture quality (+ can pe recolored anytime in game) and the CC ones yellow cockpit doesn't look all that good in game. But then the CC ones model is more realistic and I don't know if there's anything that could be used to either camouflage the missing wheels or substitude them. I just don't want to release my world and then regret my decision later on.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 6:29 PM
I like the EA one more. Less CC. Better textures. No yellow cockpit. I think they will be fine. Most folks may not ever even send a sim to the lot, or just look at it once and note there are planes. And if it matters that much to anyone and they want the CC ones they can get them and add them to their games.
dodgy builder
#7 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 8:03 PM
I made a complete confusion out of the 2 it seems, but it dooesn't matter. I don't like visible pixels, so I'll stick with my choice.
Site Helper
#8 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 1:12 AM
Unless there is a reason to be at the lot (important spawner; Military base Rabbithole, etc.) distance will do a great job of hiding the lack of wheels. And even if you have the Military rabbithole on that lot, the planes would logically be behind the building from the main entrance, and at least partially screened from public view. (The military doesn't really want spies photographing their planes on the ground. )

(In real life, anybody who got close enough to notice that the planes have no wheels either is flying or maintaining them, or they have a lot of explaining to do to some unamused people with guns. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 9:48 AM
Ok, so the EA plane seems to be getting more positive support but I do appreciate every opinion. I guess I could place some oil barrels or something near by to block the wheellessness from
the sight when looking from the road. Thank you all.

Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
(In real life, anybody who got close enough to notice that the planes have no wheels either is flying or maintaining them, or they have a lot of explaining to do to some unamused people with guns. )

This really made me smile. Priceless.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 4:56 AM
When will a sim ever be on the road looking at the lot? Most of us never actually visit the military base and sims are just sent there to work or for other reasons. It is not a place where sims hang out generally. I would not worry about the no wheels. Unless looking for that I think most folks will never even see/notice that?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 10:01 AM
Ok, I went with the EA planes and the wheellessness doesn't look that bad, actually.

So, my thanks to you all. Your opinions really helped.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 9:27 AM
The outcome does look nice!

Unless your runway is a lot longer than the one at Gnome Field, I don't think landing gear would make much difference anyway.
Test Subject
#13 Old 16th May 2018 at 9:08 PM
Where'd you get the runway?