Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 11:52 PM
Default 328 Rue de Sterling
In the Twinbrook neighborhood there's this house, 328 Rue de Sterling, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how they added that half section between the first and second floor? I am adding to that house and I wanted to continue the pattern. Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this :/ I seems like the right one...
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 9:40 PM
You mind adding a picture?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 10:47 PM
Yup! Its the part thats textured with the ribbony banner thingies that Im interested in.

Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 7:10 AM
There has been used constrainfloorelevation true/false cheat, in forums more commonly known as CFE

There are a lot of writen tutorials with pictures on CFE and split-leveling at MTS Build tutorials - Split leveling , and also some very useful videotutorials at The Sim Supply
Inventor
#5 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 10:00 AM Last edited by Cocomama : 9th Jun 2010 at 10:00 PM.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....html#msg536568

Quote Claeric:
So the foundations on top of secondary floors that they used in pretty much EVERY building?

The lack of the tool for it is not "borked". It's a cheat!

PlaceFriezes on/off lets you place foundations on top of any other floor except foundations.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 8:33 PM
So far, I've visited a lot of houses in Twinbrooks (architect career), and I noticed there a re a LOT of them that use CFE. In comparison to what we're used to see, I mean. Or is it just me ?

Edit : OR is that the cheat you just mentioned Cocomama ? It doesn't look like an added foundation to me… isn't it just a cheat to add a wall that's just the height of a foundation ?
I have to try that.
Inventor
#7 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 10:04 PM
I adjusted the post to include the whole text.
I did not discovered that cheat typing Help, but Claeric did. I just wanted to give the info.
Instructor
#8 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 11:06 PM
I like this new cheat a lot. I've been playing around with it, since I hate using CFE.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 3:32 PM
Actually, the frieze is slightly higher than the height of a foundation. If you place strairs from it, there will be 2 steps added to the usual number of 4. That could be interesting for staircases...
Test Subject
#10 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 3:44 AM
Does PlaceFriezes work with basements? i used the CFE cheat to make myself a split level, but this looks like it could be better....
Theorist
#11 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 3:45 PM
Wow! This is very interesting!

*Crys at my unusable sims computer ftm*

Hi I'm Paul!
Scholar
#12 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 1:15 AM
You can place friezes on foundations.
Test Subject
#13 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 6:32 AM
I have a question about these friezes - how do I get rid of the ones already in the houses? I'm re-doing 168 Savannah Lane and can't delete the floor tiles for the tiny second story or the ones above it... Is this normal?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#14 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 2:15 PM
Test Subject
#15 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 6:44 PM
Ugh that was so simple - I'm such a build dunce...
Thank you
Test Subject
#16 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 7:37 PM
how do i place stairs between the levels, because im having a rough time putting them in the current house im building?
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#17 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 7:52 AM
you need to leave at least one tile of floor extra on the level you have the frieze, to create a landing for the stairs, or if you want the stairs to come straight down to bottom floor from above the frieze, you need to delete one piece of wall from every floor that you want the stairs to go through (this includes the frieze floor to be open to outdoors at that point. Then you can place your stairs to go from above the frieze all the way down to the floor below it. Then just finish up by putting the walls back in.