Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#426 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 11:50 PM
College mascots and cheerleaders are fine to marry. One of my Sims once married the Llama mascot. They were good friends and he turned up in his graduation outfit at her graduation party - so it sort of changed my plans. Not knowing that I had to change his hair, he walked around in his Llama head forever He was a fine husband and father though!

The hobby masters are a pain because they do not have telephones (yes, I know there is a mod). But they seem to turn up often as blind dates in my game (I am considering making blind dates illegal, because the dates are normally really weird). So one of my Sims actually married the cooking hobby icon. She could not cook. A bit like the professor one of my Sims married as well - she had no job or skills!

I actually find these Sims pretty useless; townies normally have skills (some many) and money (some are rich) and jobs (some quite high levels, like Juan Reamon who is a President in the Business Career, and Marylena Hamilton, the one with the short black hair in the red dress, turned out to be the Mayor). So marrying/adding NPC's to the family, has been declared illegal in my game.

I
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#427 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 9:21 AM
If I look into this list.
I see that the Housekeeper NPC is believed not safe to play as and/or add to your household.
(Hotel maids are called Housekeepers in the game)

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#428 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Never cheat them in! If they can't move in normally there's generally an excellent reason.

True, but sometimes the reason is "EAxis accidentally broke the code to let you call that NPC", so I just wanted to make sure You can chat with them and they show up in the relationship panel, that's what made me curious.Thank you for the replies, everyone!
Trainee Moderator
#429 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 9:32 AM
I believe it's OK to interact with him/her but moving them in will cause corruption.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Scholar
#430 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 6:35 PM
Ehh, sorry but I just want to ask something.

I have been reading about the "Pollination Technician" (http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Pollination_Technician) and that he is not safe to add to a family. I did read about it here too. As I understand it, he is being added to the family tree when the family gets a alian/human hybrid child and is removed when the child is taken away for adoption. Do this means that I have to adopt the child away and then adopting him back again? Please explain, I do not want hood corruption. I got one family that soon will have a child like that, the man was abducted.

(Sorry for off topic)
Instructor
#431 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 8:25 PM
It's fine for the PT to simply be in your family tree. So, no, you don't have to give the child up for adoption to get rid of the relationship flags.

&& CRAP! I actually made a Hairstylist a playable in my Veronaville hood.

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Mad Poster
#432 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 8:57 PM
I hope she can actually do hair
Instructor
#433 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 9:51 PM
She can't.

But it's okay, because in my game she is actually a spy. She got invited over by someone from work (secret cause I haven't posted it on my Tumblr yet) and I was contemplating using a spy and it was the perfect scenario. I didn't realize she was a Hairstylist until after I had made up my mind I was going to use her. (Her name was perfect, too.)

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Lab Assistant
#434 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 10:32 PM
In a moment of weakness on a hot date, Brandon Lillard managed to get himself engaged to a Hair Stylist. I had thought she'd be safe, as she had a name. And she, too, had a perfect name: Aurora Parker. Must be from the Denver suburbs. Then after Brandon invited her over one day, and she had an extremely limited menu of interactions, I checked and found out that Hair Stylists are not to be made playable. Booo! Four rotations later Brandon is still engaged to Aurora, but that doesn't stop him from cheating with anyone who catches his eye; his memories have lots of daggers in them. At some point I'll have to set up Aurora catching Brandon in the act on a community lot so they can break up. But Brandon doesn't seem to be very concerned about that right now.
Scholar
#435 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plyplay665
It's fine for the PT to simply be in your family tree. So, no, you don't have to give the child up for adoption to get rid of the relationship flags.

OK, thanks. Then I had missunderstod something. (Like usual ) I just hope he does show up and breake something form me.
Top Secret Researcher
#436 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 5:19 PM
Is it safe to marry cashiers or cafeteria cooks?

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Mad Poster
#437 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by siletka
Is it safe to marry cashiers or cafeteria cooks?

Cashiers are fine, but I'm not sure about cafeteria cooks, can you interact with them in any way? Like talk, flirt, etc...?

P.S. Looking at the wiki/wikia, there isn't anything mentioned about the latter, so far...
Trainee Moderator
#438 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 7:29 PM
I believe they should be fine. You can interact with them and if the relationship's high, you can invite them over and marry them. All of the University NPCs are safe and yes, the cafeteria cook is a Uni NPC.

My Simblr
Page 18 of 18