Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 7:33 AM
I sometimes do that via SimPE, but I wonder if I'm confusing the game if there's a strange number of points on a sim or a non matching zodiac sign.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#27 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 7:52 AM
Don't think so, it does that when you have born in sims, they often have more points and a different zodiac from CAS.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#28 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 1:07 PM
That's good to know, thanks. I don't care what zodiac my Sims are, so that will be a handy way to boost attraction without changing anything I care about.

I also find it silly that you must use all points. The personality bars should have been sliders, rather than points, so you set where on the spectra the Sim is. It's silly that you can't have a slob who is shy, lazy, serious and grouchy. Sure, it's not that common to be all of those things, but who cares?
Mad Poster
#29 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 1:36 PM
That's one of the things SimPE is for, gummilutt! When I cloned Nervous into Nemo LeStrange for Drama Acres, I built him in CAS with all points; then I went into SimPE and took away everything but the active points.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#30 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 8:39 PM
I usually use the turn-ons and offs and aspiration to being couples together. When I plan out couples, I usually do so in advance and so I create them with the right stuff. Of course, for me, turn-ons are more important than the aspirations
Mad Poster
#31 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 8:42 PM
I know one can change it with mods, or SimPE. Although one has to do it in SimPE if one wants the genetic personality to match. I just think it's silly that they built it that way.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 9:35 PM Last edited by simsfreq : 27th Jan 2015 at 10:01 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I've also always found it annoying that personality isn't among the turn ons/turn offs. As a demisexual (google it if you want to know what it means) the concept that it's almost all appearance-based stuff is really weird.

Woohoo, another demisexual, high five :D

Ahem. I always assumed that the turn ons/offs don't include personality for the same reason they don't include aspiration - that this is already coded into attraction and therefore it would make it too difficult to calculate, and/or they wanted to include more options, hence skills etc.

I tend to think of turn ons as the sim's idea of their "perfect type" which doesn't necessarily correlate with who they actually are attracted to in real life. It provides a boost but it doesn't mean you'll have a good relationship. You can tie it to personality a bit, ie skills etc - a sim with high body skill is likely to be active, a sim with high cleaning skill to be neat, an unemployed sim perhaps lazy, good job fortune, etc. The turn off I see as what they are afraid of in a way. And I assign other meanings to them - I weight them by personality. A popularity, pleasure, fortune or romance sim is more likely to value looks than a knowledge or family sim. Popularity sims in particular value "popular" aspects of looks such as blonde hair, cologne, make up, etc. Fortune sims value aspects that show others have made an effort to portray a polished view of themselves. And so on, really.

I don't mind grey hair as such, I just take it as a sign that that sim wants an older partner, not that they have to be grey already.

With how to match up personality points for max chemistry: You are looking at the difference between two sims' personalities.

e.g.
Sim 1, personality: Neat 6/Shy 1/Lazy 2/Playful 10/Nice 6.
Sim 2, personality: Sloppy 2/Shy 1/Active 9/Playful 10/Grouchy 3

You get bonuses when they are on the same side of the range. In this case - Shy and Playful.
The bonus amount is calculated on the difference.
In this case, there is no difference because the numbers are the same (1 shy, 10 playful), so +7 bonus for both of those: +14.

You get penalties when the two sims have an opposing personality or at least one of them has a 5 in one category. In this case, Neat/Sloppy, Lazy/Active, Nice/Grouchy.
This penalty is based on how extreme the personality is. See the chart on cyjon's site for the numbers. You take the scale of both sims and add the penalty, with a maximum of -7 for each scale.
In this case:
Neat/Sloppy: 6=-1, 2=-4 = -6
Lazy/Active: 2=-4, 9=-5 = -9 (capped at -7)
Nice/Grouchy: 6=-1, 3=-2 = -3
Total -16

Overall in this example, +14, -16, total effect is -2.

The lowest possible, if the sims are total opposites, would be -35. The highest possible (identical personalities, unless both sims are 5/5/5/5/5 in which case they are neutral) would be +35. Confusing, right? And as cyjon says - Why the %*$% did they make this so complicated for an average - especially when we are forced to make sims' personalities balanced using the personality points system - an average score of, er, 0?!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Scholar
#33 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 11:59 PM
I've got a pair of sims in my Strangetown -- Family sim Grimhild and her Knowledge sim husband Siggeir -- that have nearly opposite personality stats: she's 0/0/10/7/8 and he's 10/9/8/0/0. They started out at one bolt, though they've got two now. While I'm sure I could alter their aspirations and turn-ons/turn-offs to be 100% compatible, they still wouldn't be triple bolt due to the mathmatical point system (four out of their five stats have more than 5 points difference).

While that may make them a "bad" or "weak" match by some players' rules... I think they're awesome together.

And who'd want to split up this sort of devotion?

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#34 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 12:17 AM
2 bolts is perfect. It's usually what I aim for. Enough to be into each other but not so much to be stupid about stalking over needs; why would that be weak or bad?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#35 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 2:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aegagropilon
I've got a pair of sims in my Strangetown -- Family sim Grimhild and her Knowledge sim husband Siggeir -- that have nearly opposite personality stats: she's 0/0/10/7/8 and he's 10/9/8/0/0. They started out at one bolt, though they've got two now. While I'm sure I could alter their aspirations and turn-ons/turn-offs to be 100% compatible, they still wouldn't be triple bolt due to the mathmatical point system (four out of their five stats have more than 5 points difference).

While that may make them a "bad" or "weak" match by some players' rules... I think they're awesome together.

And who'd want to split up this sort of devotion?

Does he have gold skin?
Scholar
Original Poster
#36 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 8:37 PM
simfreq:

Ironically, when someone explain something even its similare to an actual guide/chart, it made it easier for me to understand the personality score system. But cyjon only mentioned the pentalty/bonus score and didnt give an example of two zodiacs (whether they are altered or not doesnt matter) and thats one reason I couldnt figure it out.

The only thing I dont understand is; what if only one sim has a very balanced personality like where all personalities are similare score (like 5/5/6/4/5) but the other one has several personalities that are less than 2 and more than 8 points each, would they get a bonuses/penantly scores or +35, because the first sim does not have much differences in his/her personalities?
Mad Poster
#37 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 9:30 PM
You can use the batbox to make a changed personality genetic. And to change a sim's zodiac. If you have testing cheats on you can just click on the points in game to change them. No SimPE required.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#38 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 11:23 PM
Give me the two personalities you're wondering about, Florentzina, and I'll do the maths for you - it's late now where I am, but I like crunching numbers so I'll happily sit and work it out and try to answer a more general question, too

Scholar
Original Poster
#39 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 12:22 AM
Late reply though. its late here as well (1 am now), I was watching a movie.

I used to be good at mathematic but start to get a bit "stupid" with it as I get older (nowadays, I can only count with a calcuator now, but when I was a kid/tween I always hadf above average scores in the tests.. HA! When my hobbies change, my skills do it as well. Now its more about color theory and makeup/clothing styles that Im focusing on and sims2 when Im bored of that. Opps Off topic...)

The guy has a balanced personality, 6 Neat, 5 Outgoing, 5 Active, 5 Playful and 5 Nice (Cancer)
while the girl has the personality: 5 Neat/Sloppy, 7 Outgoing, 10 Active, 1 Serious, 6 Nice (Gemini)
(Both are born in game so they will have more personality points than CAS's)

According to the zodiac chemistry chart they are suppose to have negative chemistry when it comes to zodiac/personality combination but they are having positive in both turn ons and aspiration so they should be at least 2 boltzer. But when one of the sim has balanced personality, there will be less than 5 point difference in each personality. So thats why its a bit confusing. It doesnt make sense that these two sims will have -35 in zodiac chemistry.

To the others about TO's. Ive hacks that allow me to change their personality, but I try avoid tweaking these stuff. Im fine with tweaking TO's and occasionally aspiration but personality is something I dont like to change because thats most important aspects of what kind of sims of they are. Ive never associate to's with a sims personality, because even in real life your preference sometimes changes as well. (Though Im attracted to older long haired rock dudes 'now' I doubt I will be thinking the same when Im a old granny!
Mad Poster
#40 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 8:59 AM
Mad Poster
#41 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 7:10 PM
OK, sorry this took me so long to get back to you about! (The sims are probably elders by now :P)

Because there is a 5 in each scale, they all count as opposites even though they might have a similar personality. At a quick glance I doubt it is -35 but possibly about half that. The 5 always counts as 0 (neutral) but then makes the other sim's score negative. The more extreme the personality, the bigger the penalty.

Neat: 6 and 5. 5 counts for 0, 6 counts for -1.
Outgoing: 5 and 7. 5 counts for 0, 7 counts for -2.
Active: 5 and 10 (the killer!) 5 counts for 0, 10 counts for -7.
Playful: 5 and 1 (not great) 5 counts for 0, 1 counts for -5
Nice: 5 and 6. Again 5 counts for 0, 6 counts for -1.

So overall: -16.

However. Because so many of their points are on the fence, so to speak, dead on that 5, you COULD manipulate this without changing their personalities too much. The problem here is that the 5 automatically counts as a contrasting side, rather than a complementary side. But if you go into SimPE and change it just a tiny bit, so it's not dead on 500, but it's not at 400 (4 points) or 600 (6 points) either. You could actually change it literally to 501 or 499 and it would suddenly be on the correct side. Then, the calculation will become an exact reversal, resulting in a total of +16, and the sims' personalities have not changed enough to be noticeable in game.

Did you know, by the way, that Cyjon has a debugger object (looks like a pizza box) which will allow you to calculate attraction between any two sims? It doesn't trigger anything like "check out" or "scope room" does and so won't affect sexuality. It doesn't give you a breakdown, but it does tell you the final total attraction value.

Scholar
#42 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 2:43 AM
I'm with iCad:I haven't noticed that chemistry affects the behavior of my sims at all. Except maybe the opposite of how it's supposed to work? I'm not sure about that. Anyway, the strongest relationships in my game, with the most targeted wants and affectionate behavior and loyalty and, sad to say, jealousy, have occured with one-to-none-to-negative bolts.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 6:29 AM
That's weird. It makes a considerable difference in mine, but since I won't let sims woohoo without mutual wants, it's possible that different playstyles elicit different behaviors, or at least cause us to notice things more.

I will say that, since installing M&G, I've had a lot more spontaneous instigation of romance, especially with high-chemistry couples, but also with some surprising no-bolt couples.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#44 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 12:50 PM
I think playstyles definitely make you notice things more. For ages, I never noticed personality of sims. I still find that unless I'm consciously looking for it, I can't really tell what a sim's personality is by watching their interactions. Neat sims are slightly more likely to clean up autonomously and that seems to be it.

Field Researcher
#45 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 11:45 AM
You've never watched a Sloppy sim eat? A pig at the trough has a dinner jacket and a knife and fork by comparison.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 11:52 AM
Hmm, I guess, but I couldn't tell you where the cut off point is.

Mad Poster
#47 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 12:37 PM
And sloppy sims whinge when you ask them to clean whereas neat sims do the 'yes!' animation. Serious sims whinge if asked to be social. Grumpy sims hate having to be nice to people.

There's supposed to be a difference between the way pigpen and finicky animals eat, but it all looks like they're spraying it everywhere to me. XD
Field Researcher
#48 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 1:27 PM
Very active sims punch their fist into their palm when walking around. Very lazy sims slouch, and scratch their armpits. Very outgoing sims fingergun, hot tub naked, and walk into houses uninvited even if they don't know anyone there. Very neat sims get bubbles when they clean something. Sloppy sims burp while eating and fart on their plate afterwards. Shy sims will moan piteously when told to go talk with someone; outgoing sims are the other way around. Serious sims will cheer if they're about to play chess or stargaze, complain if told to watch TV or play with someone. Very nice sims do the creepy smile with all teeth showing. Very grouchy sims - or is it very outgoing? - will do the "Yeah, I am awesome!" puffing up when admired. Very neat sims will eat chips one at a time, lifting them high in the air to avoid getting crumbs all over.

Aside from things like that, active sims will need less sleep but more food, sloppy sims will autonomously give themselves a sponge bath in the sink if their hygiene gets low (and very sloppy ones will pee while in the shower), sims will be faster or slower to learn certain skills depending on personality, neat sims will always make their bed after they get up, neat sims will eat more slowly and sloppy ones more quickly, very playful sims will autonomously juggle stuff...

I could go on if I thought about it some more, but this is all off the top of my head.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Felicia1066
Very active sims punch their fist into their palm when walking around.

Did you mean like this ?

If yes, it's not a very active Sim, but it's a very grouchy Sim. I have a lot of very active Sims (8-10 points) with a nice personality and they never do this animation. They only do this when they want to slap someone but not while walking. Unlike a Sim who has 0-2 nice points, they often do this animation while walking or standing (without fury or slap).

♒ Aquarius Sun, ♈ Aries Moon, ♈ Aries Rising

Sorry for my English :)
Page 2 of 2