Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 2:47 PM
Default Building Apartments in Apartment Life
Building apartments is darn tricky and can lead to a lot of pulling your hair out!

Based on the previous thread and my own experiences with building apartments, I've compiled this basic tutorial on how to build apartments in Apartment Life:

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...ng_an_Apartment

If you have any further tips on building an apartment, or have questions you need answering, please see this thread on MTS2 where you can offer your tips and ask questions:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=299623

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 9:07 AM
Thankyou so much, I really appreciate you going to the effort to do this.
#3 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 9:10 AM
man this is great. thank you so much.
Test Subject
#4 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 3:16 PM
:clap: Thanks so much, this is just what I was looking for!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 11:06 PM
Thank you so much for the info. I couldn't figure out what the problem was with the two apartment buildings I had built. I used the "Great Divide" trim in one and custom arches in the other. Now, I can hopefully get it all straightened out!
#6 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 7:07 PM
Thanks tons
Theorist
#7 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 7:12 PM
Yay! Thanks HP, I HAVE to attempt making one soon, *Hirm*

Thanks for the Guide

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Field Researcher
#8 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 4:34 PM
Thank you so much i was trying to find something to help and hopefully ill be able to figure it out now thanks again
I got it to work i think there must have been maintenance or something Thanks again!
Test Subject
#9 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 1:12 PM
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#10 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 1:49 AM
I was just coming in to ask how to make an apartment. I'll try it tomorrow.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 12:40 AM
I have a question. Can you make a house rentable using the apartmentbase cheat? One room, one door? Or would that cause glitches?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 3:32 PM
DarkAnnie, as far as I know it doesn't, lol. I think I've done it by accident once... I made a duplex but forgot the apartment door in the other apartment, which essentially made it a common area and only the one room was rentable.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 3:58 PM
GREAT! it help me alo man!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkAnnie
I have a question. Can you make a house rentable using the apartmentbase cheat? One room, one door? Or would that cause glitches?

I do this all of the time. I just follow all of the rules given by this wonderful, helpful guide and I don't have any problems. I like it because the landlord always cleans up the garbage can and keeps the roaches away, lol. The rent's gonna go up a bit, though.
Test Subject
#15 Old 23rd May 2009 at 1:08 AM
thanks a lot

you really helped
Mad Poster
#16 Old 24th May 2009 at 3:03 AM
About furnished apartment: the trick listed here never really worked for me, although I followed exactly how it is said to do it. So here is a hacked apartment door that works: http://www.sims2workshop.com/viewtopic.php?t=2900 It has an option to rent a furnished apartment and also You can recalculate the rent to, I think :D

Hope it helps for any one
Test Subject
#17 Old 24th May 2009 at 10:42 PM
I never really had trouble with it. I made Billingsley Condos in Pleasantview and it turned out great. I made Megan Stratguas (hahahahaha a clone of me!) and she enjoyed it.

IF you guys want me to, I'll try uploading it. Thanks.

PS-IN THE APARTMENT, IT HAD 2 BEDROOMS FOR EACH ONE. THEY'RE NOT REALLY TINY LIKE THE SIMS 2 STAFF MADE ONES. THEY'RE PRETTY DERN BIG! THE RENTAL ON THE FIRST FLOOR IS ONLY LIKE $1,000 DOLLARS BUT THE ONES ON TOP ARE CLOSE TO $6,000!
Test Subject
#18 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 9:59 PM
Finally i can make my dreamed of apartments~ yea!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 12:08 AM
Damn, so there's no way to get my upstairs apartments to have a deck in back with stairs leading down to the yard below? Are there any cheats that fix that, or any way to fake it so it LOOKS like it has a back deck even though it doesn't? o_0
Test Subject
#20 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 8:41 PM
Thank your for this! Now I can finally figure out what is wrong with two of my apartments.
Test Subject
#21 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 4:59 AM
Thank u iv made some apartments and i cant get them to go pass 5 floors even after i use the Cheat setHighestAllowedLevel in the Cheat box.
Instructor
#22 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 3:10 PM
Try placing a dormer after you have entered the code. For some reason that resets the levels and you should be able to build and toggle up going foward.
Test Subject
#23 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 10:02 PM
Have a question here...assuming you might not move but one or two families into a unit after designing your apartment...is it necessary to furnish each and every other apartment as well?
Scholar
#24 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 1:10 PM
phlashman:
Yes, otherwise they're going to appear empty when you visit your neighbours - the game doesn't auto-furnish townie apartments. First apartment building I ever built, discovered that little tidbit of information.
Test Subject
#25 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 9:08 PM
Just one quick question, I was working on making an apartment bigger, more floors, and more room. In doing so I added elevators to each apartment, (it's a duplex) so the sims could use the elevators to get to the separate floors in their own apartment. When I tried to convert the lot from residential to apartment I kept getting errors. Would that be because of the elevators, or should I be doing something else to troubleshoot?

I also used the setHighestAllowedLevel cheat to move from 4 stories to 5. Is that also a problem?
Page 1 of 7