Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#7726 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 8:13 PM
My sims always drop everything to go to graduation ceremonies. Are you giving birth? Well, no time for that! Get to your son's graduation ceremony NOW!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#7727 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 4:49 AM
Apparently I can't take my eyes off my sims for even a minute. I go to another window without remembering to pause and then I come back to witness...whatever the fuck this was:

The Receptacle still lives!
Scholar
#7728 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 8:51 PM
Those familiar with Goth Manor will know it has three floors and then that tower thing at the top.

A sim of mine, who is living with the Goths at the moment, and has the 'coward' trait, encountered the ghost of the recently departed Gunther Goth at the foot of the lower stair. He then went up three flights of stairs to the tower room and only then fainted. That takes phenomenal self control!

This sim's name, by the way, is Ronald Crump, and he's totally not based on anybody from real life. Honest.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Test Subject
#7729 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 7:07 AM
My sims go out in the snow in short sleeve shirts and shorts.... and then freeze their butts off. I play with free will at maximum, so it's not my fault the dumbasses don't change into their winter gear before going outside!

They also have a bad habit of sleeping on the floor when their bed is 20 feet away - and then wonder why they wake up with sore backs.

I guess this is proof that Artificial Intelligence isn't always smart!
Top Secret Researcher
#7730 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Moondragon007
My sims go out in the snow in short sleeve shirts and shorts....
I did that today. It wasn't snowing, but it was pretty darn brisk. I came back inside, though.
Quote: Originally posted by Moondragon007
I guess this is proof that Artificial Intelligence isn't always smart!
As it was created by humans, for sure there'll be some limitations, eh?
Test Subject
#7731 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 11:06 AM Last edited by Moondragon007 : 18th Dec 2017 at 7:39 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by owl_face
This has only happened to me once. My sim was getting married, and she invited her fiance to the wedding party since they didn't live together. The wedding started at 7:00PM, but everyone, save her fiance (Christopher Steel), showed up at 6:00 PM--even some party crashers. Her dumbass husband didn't show up until 10:00PM. I was aggravated both by the early birds and by Chris. >:c

Sounds like my RL dad! Which lends evidence to my hypothesis that we're all Sims running on God's computer. He must be facepalming constantly at humanity!

Another aggravation: I'm running a Supernatural legacy, which means I have to be extra selective about mates. But my sims all somehow flunked Flirting 101. My founder, who is a witch, ended up basically raping her baby-daddy. Her son, a werewolf with the Loner trait, had to take a DNA sample of his crush in order to clone his daughter. She's a fairy, and if she doesn't manage to somehow hook up with a vampire, I'll have her plant a Forbidden Fruit seed I have saved aside for just such an emergency.

I've also had cats taken away by the Social Worker because their Social need got too low. Obviously these kitties never learned the fine feline art of demanding attention from their humans.

Aaaaaand...... I just had a vampire sim die of starvation. Seriously???
Scholar
#7732 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 9:16 AM Last edited by Elynda : 31st Aug 2019 at 7:16 AM.

All horses are. Who knows what they get up to out in those fields at night!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Lab Assistant
#7733 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 5:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda

All horses are. Who knows what they get up to out in those fields at night!

Hey must be Party Horse from regular show
#7734 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 9:59 PM
I send my Sims to France. They're Not French anyway (all from the Valkyria Chronicles series) so hey. They go to the Nectary. And they all DRINK ALL DAY LONG. Guys, I know War Is Hell but that's no excuse to become winos.
Mad Poster
#7735 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 11:17 PM
Attractive Sim lady (Laura) goes to a bar. Sees a guy (Jeremy) she really likes, constantly hangs around him trying to get his attention. He likes her too; they chat some and she then proposes they go back to her place. With her roommate already to bed, they settle down on the couch while the TV's on in the background. Jeremy gets sucked....
....into the lame, late-night history doc playing on TV, while Laura hornily clings onto him some more. Then, FINALLY, after an eternity, Laura manages to catch his attention enough and they start making out.

Now things are really getting interesting, so Laura decides to show him her bedroom. Jeremy, excited at the prospect, barges into the bedroom, promptly undresses himself, and dives into the bed.....instantly falling asleep.

Jesus fucking christ.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Alchemist
#7736 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 5:13 PM
Sims are stubborn - to the point that they'll sit in the same room as several stinky, fly-infested dishes, while complaining about the smell, but refuse to wash them on their own.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mad Poster
#7737 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 5:25 PM
To be fair, the same goes for more than a few of us humans. Except for the flies part, maybe. Fuck that.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
#7738 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 7:22 PM
My sim upon giving birth to quads decided that there wasnt enough room on the floor in the nursery and walked outside to set the rest of her brood on the ground. IN THE SNOW.
Mad Poster
#7739 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Paper Plane Mari
giving birth to quads

That's not actually physically possible, is it?

insert signature here
Scholar
#7740 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Sims are stubborn - to the point that they'll sit in the same room as several stinky, fly-infested dishes, while complaining about the smell, but refuse to wash them on their own.

See also my neat sim who is 20 minutes from voiding his bladder refusing to use the dirty toilet. SO YOU'D RATHER PEE YOURSELF???? OK! He stood there staring at the dirty toilet too distracted by his bursting bladder to clean it and then use it until he finally wet himself. I had him clean the damn thing, unclog it, and clean the floor before I allowed him to bathe. Play bitch games, win bitch prizes!
Scholar
#7741 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
That's not actually physically possible, is it?

In real life, as in the sims I believe you need a mod or it's extremely rare.
#7742 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 6:57 AM
TFW your dog has the non-destructive trait but chews up the furniture anyway
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#7743 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 7:37 PM
My sim went upstairs, but she was still downstairs at the same time, then she stopped for a moment and sunk down to the ground level. Then she did that for more than 10 times, until I told her to go back downstairs.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Forum Resident
#7744 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 8:30 PM
Going anywhere in Bridgeport. I just try not to pay attention to how my Sims arrive at places. I find that using a cheat to ignore most of their moves recoups the time they lose navigating elevators and visiting every subway stop in the game.
#7745 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 12:29 AM
Sims having an assignment to see someone to fill a request, going all the way to the person, and proceeding to do anything BUT talk to them! When I have them as my focal sim they don't dick around like this. But when they're off to the side, they do whatever they want.
Scholar
#7746 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 10:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
My sim went upstairs, but she was still downstairs at the same time, then she stopped for a moment and sunk down to the ground level. Then she did that for more than 10 times, until I told her to go back downstairs.

That often happens to my sims after I've been moving them about with moveobjects, especially if I've been moving them between floors. I only use it when I'm trying to get them all in the right place for a story scene. You can usually tell when its happened because you can still see them when you're looking at the ground floor and they are on the floor above. I use Master Controller to reset them.

Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#7747 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 11:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
That often happens to my sims after I've been moving them about with moveobjects, especially if I've been moving them between floors. I only use it when I'm trying to get them all in the right place for a story scene. You can usually tell when its happened because you can still see them when you're looking at the ground floor and they are on the floor above. I use Master Controller to reset them.

Yup, that must be the moveobjects cheat because sometimes I move my sims around to get them out of the way, or for testing out my poses.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Scholar
#7748 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 7:29 AM
EAT DAMN YOU! Ug now your tired and close to wetting yourself you're in a bloody open room OMFG WTF ARE YOU DOING! ... .... RIGHT this is why you don't kick gnomes.
Screenshots

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Forum Resident
#7749 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 7:15 PM
Its always "fun" when you send your sim to greet another sim, they walk across a room, stand on top of the other sim, wave their hand and bitch that the other sim is in their way.
Scholar
#7750 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 3:03 PM
The way relationships are built in this game make no sense! The 5 kids in my current save file have almost no relationship with each other because the only way to build relationships in this game is one on one face-to-face interactions. Playing tag for hours only builds the relationship as much as saying "Hey, how you doing?" Eating dinner together as a family doesn't build the relationships either. Family movie night doesn't do it. Spending all day fishing together doesn't do it. I had the mom, teen son, and dad get up at 4:00 one morning, do all the gardening so they could take the whole family to the beach for a picnic for lunch and they spent all afternoon having a water balloon fight. At the end of it all, the teen son was no better acquainted with his younger brothers than he was before and the two sisters still weren't friends, despite swimming and splashing together. They're the only 5 kids in the entire world and they're not friends, even though they're close in age, have similar traits, and have shared hobbies. I'm not asking them to be BFFs, but more relationship than the paperboy would be awesome, considering they live together and do stuff together all the time.
Page 310 of 321