Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 9:23 PM
Default WCIF Marriage bug fix
/RAGE ON: I love this game but I am really not a fan of EA. They do not listen to their fans, nor do they test their games before shipping them out, my Sims 2 game was FULL of player mods fixing things that EA didn't care to fix or to dumb to think it was a bad idea. /RAGE OFF.

Anyways... I am looking for several cures to problems I am having with this game. First being... if I attempt to marry 2 sims at any location, it fails 80% of the time with an error saying "Oh no, the wedding is canceled, did someone have cold feet". What is happening is the sims getting married will not move to a less crowded spot or off a slight incline to await the officiator to come down, they instantly complain and the marriage attempt fails. I damn near need a pure flat location with no other sim nearby for it to work and even that fails. I tried to get married in the Peteran church courtyard because theres nothing there, and even that has failed. It takes alot of moving or simply stripping the room bare of everything just to get a marriage to work and I find that extremely bad coding.

Second problem I am having, is inviting a non-kingdom sim to a location or simply inviting them over. Non-kingdom sim meaning one that does not live in the kingdom but was spawned from a normal quest, they will come over if your sim invites. If your sim does not interact with them in a short time they go home instantly. Combine this with the marriage issue and you can see why I am so pissed off right now. Trying to marry this sim outside the quest is extremely difficult because the moment your sim whines that they cannot stand next to their betrothed, the other sim goes home and you cannot stop them. So maybe a mod to stop a sim from leaving?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 11:17 PM
you can use the shift + left click and set them as your spouse. i had the same problem, none of my sims would get married, always siting no ring/cold feet as the issue. so i started using this method.
Test Subject
#3 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 3:36 AM
I would sugest shift right click/turn the npc playable, that way you could both prevent him/her from leaving, and make him/her walk to somewhere empty.

Though the shift left click seems easier and faster.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 6:50 AM
Ugh... in other words, cheat to fix something Maxis is to lazy to fix.
Instructor
#5 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 7:09 AM
Exactly!
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 6:20 PM
Sometimes if you make sure they're at the "irresistible" part of the wooing right before you click "get married" that helps. Other times you just have to do what you can to get them into one of the houses of worship. Frustrating and bizarre to say the least. *grrrrrrr*
Test Subject
#7 Old 13th Oct 2011 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Neodarkside
Anyways... I am looking for several cures to problems I am having with this game. First being... if I attempt to marry 2 sims at any location, it fails 80% of the time with an error saying "Oh no, the wedding is canceled, did someone have cold feet". What is happening is the sims getting married will not move to a less crowded spot or off a slight incline to await the officiator to come down, they instantly complain and the marriage attempt fails. I damn near need a pure flat location with no other sim nearby for it to work and even that fails. I tried to get married in the Peteran church courtyard because theres nothing there, and even that has failed. It takes alot of moving or simply stripping the room bare of everything just to get a marriage to work and I find that extremely bad coding.

I've got that issue at the moment and looking for a solution. I didn't know if it was a bug or intentional. A bug, of course it is
I'm doing the quest The Witch Is Back and like you tried the Peteran church but no it was cancelled. Before that it was the Town Square, and before that the Throne Room.
I wanted to do this kingdom without cheating or anything, but it looks like I'm going to have to
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 13th Oct 2011 at 3:41 PM
I have had to 'have marriage' as many as seven times to get the desired result. If you don't want to use a cheat, you could just keep trying even though it is frustrating.

Yes it is the clothes that makes the Sim
Test Subject
#9 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 11:14 AM
I read somewhere that this was a bug introduced in the latest patch. I had the same problem when my Peteran Priest wanted to marry the Master Builder, who lives at the castle. I read that you have to have them get married at the church and I think you have to convert your betrothed to your religion first. (can't remember for sure on that one)

Anyway, I finally clicked on the Peteran Priest while they were at the castle, and chose "Get married at church." They instantly stopped what they were doing and both walked over to the church, along with several of their friends following them....I guess so they could go to the wedding. They automatically took their place in front of the podium and the marriage guy flew down and married them without a problem. The Master Builder moved in with my Peteran Priest and now he comes home every night, though I can't play him.
Scholar
#10 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 10:29 AM
I can't finish the Effenmont quest because of this bug. The prince won't move out of the forest to go anywhere indoors. I am on a mac and right clicking isn't working.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 12:03 PM
Sorry to post on a cold, dead thread, but this mod lets you Invite Over every sim (among other things), and by doing so you might have a better chance of it succeeding. (you need to be registered to download)
Field Researcher
#12 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 2:56 AM
Truly, no one needs a mod to marry sims in TSMP&N. Control is what you as The Watcher MUST demand in the game! Who is the Boss?? The Watcher or the buggy game??? Mods help us get more items, functions, and events, but more so to CONTROL them as they take place, which includes controlling Sims, ALL of the sims, if needed, to get the actions from them that they should be doing correctly by the games description of how game play is to be played out. Often we see that much of the game does not act as described to us....so, it is up to us to MAKE them do as they are supposed to do....They will, just you as the Almighty Watcher need to insure that they do, by using mods that give more control to the player, such as Grims Medieval Core, and TZDynamics Professions, and Forsaken+Shimrod_Socials, and Grims Male Nude Mesh...well, maybe that's just me, but the first 3 mods mentioned, allow you the Watcher the power a REAL Watcher would have if this game was more realistically based, instead of the completely illogical, and ridiculous state of scenarios that is the default settings of the game out of box.
Of course, it couldn't be much of a game if the Watcher were all powerful in game, where would be the fun in that???? So learn to get tough, demand what you want, and use the tools already provided for a player to use which are here on MTS, and you the Watcher to use whatever means deemed necessary to get the fulfillment you want from the game, yes, but anything else in which is necessary for your own happiness.....just as long as the "whatever" is, does not interfere with another human-beings happiness, and safety.
In the game ALL is legal, ALL is ok, ALL will be as you want it to be, as long as you have the desire and passion to BE the Watcher! A Watcher is tough, wise, and logical, even kind when its the right time, but He/She is NEVER a Woosy! So stop!

Be the Watcher, Be ALL the Watcher is in reality! (Just do it in your game, please, and not on the forum, cause not everybody can be the Watcher on the Internet, not even on MTS!).

Good Fortune to all,
Xeny

PS I have never in the history of my game play of this game since 2011 had a failed marriage. The game tried many times, but I battled, and fought it, just like it was a virus, and I won...its mostly in one's attitude, mods are a close second.

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Test Subject
#13 Old 9th May 2022 at 12:09 AM
Not quite as much time in-between as the last necromancer, but I have been playing The Sims Medieval Special Edition lately and I love it. At the time, I remember mixed reviews and figuring I'd get it later, but I didn't until recently.

Anyway. I ran into the marriage issue and it gave me the "cold feet" error thing multiple times. I looked around online and saw people saying it helps to move the Sims to an open area. I didn't have control of both of them, but in Furnish mode, you can drop furniture on your Sims. Your sim will reset, effectively moving even sims you cannot control. And you can repeat the process to keep moving them to the nice, wide, open area you also just made while in Furnish (if one isn't close).

So if anyone is still playing and running into the same problem, that's what worked for me.
Scholar
#14 Old 9th May 2022 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Runatyr
Not quite as much time in-between as the last necromancer, but I have been playing The Sims Medieval Special Edition lately and I love it. At the time, I remember mixed reviews and figuring I'd get it later, but I didn't until recently.

Anyway. I ran into the marriage issue and it gave me the "cold feet" error thing multiple times. I looked around online and saw people saying it helps to move the Sims to an open area. I didn't have control of both of them, but in Furnish mode, you can drop furniture on your Sims. Your sim will reset, effectively moving even sims you cannot control. And you can repeat the process to keep moving them to the nice, wide, open area you also just made while in Furnish (if one isn't close).

So if anyone is still playing and running into the same problem, that's what worked for me.

Haha how much more fun would irl weddings be if we could make this a tradition =)

There's an explanation for why the weddings fail here.
https://modthesims.info/showthread....375#post4127375

and a mod for the "wedding" podium here. (The Jacoban pulpit file)
https://modthesims.info/showthread....116#post4160116