Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 6:52 PM
People stealing drinks from bar
Why is it that everytime I order a drink, be it blended or poured, on the bar, I get some @%$# to steal it? And not only does the person steal my drink, but my money too, since I'm charged when it happens.
Also, everytime I try to drink, it says there are no interactions available. What should I do?
Is it a bug?
This happens in nightclubs located in Downtown.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 7:46 PM
Yes, I notice that as well in my game. Quite annoying.

If you did that in a real bar, you'd probably get into a brawl.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 7:48 PM
I haven't noticed that with drinks, but in the past that happened every time my Sims ordered food at a restaurant. The waiter would sit food down, Sim would do nothing and I could not click it, and within sim-minutes some other Sim would come pick the plate up and go eat it. It would drive me nuts. Doesn't happen now, and I have no idea why. Maybe I have a mod that fixes it?
Scholar
#4 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I haven't noticed that with drinks, but in the past that happened every time my Sims ordered food at a restaurant. The waiter would sit food down, Sim would do nothing and I could not click it, and within sim-minutes some other Sim would come pick the plate up and go eat it. It would drive me nuts. Doesn't happen now, and I have no idea why. Maybe I have a mod that fixes it?
I think it's just cheap hungry Sims waiting around for free food. Instead, when they come to my table, I click them, and choose "Shoo" to have them walk away. Same think when I want to play an instrument, and they start walking to it too. Just click them and say "Shoo".

Regarding dining, it's especially annoying since you're the one paying for the food. Thankfully, it's not a problem with ordering drinks, since they charge the money of whoever takes the drinks.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 10:30 PM

I had this problem before. That's why I never used restaurants until recently.
I'm using them now. They're really cool actually.

But why exactly does this happen? I really wanted to drink from the bar
Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 11:15 PM
It appears to be random. It hardly ever happens to me, though it's more likely to happen to drinks than to food.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#7 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 11:56 PM
Sims seem to have an unhealthy obsession with bar drinks. I have a sim that has a bar in his bachelor pad and all he does is pour drinks. Fills four glasses, empties them in a row, and starts all over.

I think it's time for an intervention.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 12:00 AM
Aha. I almost never drink unless when it's a party or Don Lothario.
But seems I'll have to survive the drink stealing.
Scholar
#9 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 12:01 AM
Why, they're getting plenty of their Vitamin C? They are just juice drinks after all, right, wink wink, nudge, nudge?

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
Why, they're getting plenty of their Vitamin C? They are just juice drinks after all, right, wink wink, nudge, nudge?

...they look more like dirty water.
Link Ninja
#11 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 12:15 AM
This reminds me to look up if there are any cocktail-looking default replacements out there..

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 12:16 AM
Great idea, Charmful
I'll take a look into those too.
Alchemist
#13 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
This reminds me to look up if there are any cocktail-looking default replacements out there..

There are: http://delonariel.livejournal.com/4732.html

Cheers!
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#14 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 2:21 AM

Try this Mod: http://drupal.cyjon.net/node/407
It prevents the food theft thing.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 3:10 AM
Oh is that the mod? I figured I had something that stopped it but no idea where it is from. I had a look and I have that one, so I guess that must be it. Thanks for finding it, I'm sure it'll be helpful to more people
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 8:31 PM
Poor Mortimer Goth is always getting his drinks stolen at Malcolm's bar. Then again, I think he can afford it.

"A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way." -Mark Twain

LJ Tumblr
Meet Me In My Next Life
#17 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
There are: http://delonariel.livejournal.com/4732.html

Cheers!

@>>Original Sim >> Thank you so much for sharing this link, it is just "Perfect" in my game everything work like a clock.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Alchemist
#18 Old 16th Jul 2013 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
@>>Original Sim >> Thank you so much for sharing this link, it is just "Perfect" in my game everything work like a clock.

You're welcome! Delonariel did a great job on it.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 9:04 PM
I have this same problem myself, it has happened to me multiple times at bars and nightclubs but it has also happened to me while my sim was on vacation, I had my sim vacation to china and there was a restaurant at the hotel and my sim has ordered spaghetti and right before she could take a bite some jerk came up and took the plate and ate it, also just now (hense why I am here trying to look for answers) I had a salad snatched from my teenager before she could even eat it, however I told her to go and throw a drink at the guy who took the food and she did and he stood up, seems like the perfect chance to go and eat the food now that he was standing, WRONG I sat her down and told her to eat but she stabbed the fork in and then the action canceled, In short I ordered room service for her and the jerk who took my food came back and ate the salad, just another 50 simolones I will never get back!
Mad Poster
#20 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 9:43 PM
Eeep, another zombie thread!

People just arriving to these boards, please check the date of the last post before making a reply!

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#21 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 11:10 PM
What "another thead"? Haven't spot any lately. Would be a lot more helpful If you gave us a link to it.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 11:45 PM
People have been resurrecting old threads a lot lately. There's a bunch of locked ones on the front page.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#23 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
What "another thead"? Haven't spot any lately. Would be a lot more helpful If you gave us a link to it.

This one. http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=546564
And this one. http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=450110
Oh another one. http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=476973

Is that enough for you.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Theorist
#24 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 1:57 AM
I thought it has been said that if the old post had good info in it, using said post is ok instead of making a new one with the same subject. No wonder the Cyjon link didn't work. Sheesh . . . (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 10:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
I thought it has been said that if the old post had good info in it, using said post is ok instead of making a new one with the same subject. No wonder the Cyjon link didn't work. Sheesh . . . (:
Cyjon's mod is here.

Quote: Originally posted by zkettell
I have this same problem myself (...) I told her to go and throw a drink at the guy who took the food and she did and he stood up, seems like the perfect chance to go and eat the food now that he was standing, WRONG I sat her down and told her to eat but she stabbed the fork in and then the action canceled, In short I ordered room service for her and the jerk who took my food came back and ate the salad, just another 50 simolones I will never get back!
Don't get angry, get even You can steal their food too. There is a brief window of opportunity during which the plates are unclaimed, between the moment when the waiter puts it on the table, and the moment when the diner stops sipping water to start eating. That's why your drink/food gets stolen, by the way. The thieves don't realise it belongs to somebody else.

Once you've stolen back what was rightfully yours, if the sims stops eating, it's because the host decided to place another diner at the table/chair you're using. You can still take your plate and find another chair at an empty table^^
Page 1 of 2