Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Nov 2016 at 10:19 AM Last edited by whoward69 : 16th May 2017 at 11:51 AM.
Default I'm a happy bunny :)
Just dropped some stuff off at the charity shop (kids are growing up and Dad is having a clear out), and walked out with these six expansion packs

Who needs Black Friday!

Edit: Sign of the (olden) times ... "This will install an extra 4Mb of data". Now, let me see, will the twin terabyte drives handle that ?????

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Nov 2016 at 10:26 AM
Nice. A couple of weeks ago I picked up a bunch of Sims 2 EPs at a flea market....despite already having them. Well, it's good to have a spare copy anyways.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#3 Old 25th Nov 2016 at 10:32 AM
Nice (lengthens message).
Scholar
#4 Old 25th Nov 2016 at 10:49 AM
@whoward69 : Wow, that's a nice catch! Even if it is only stuff packs, it's a LOT OF STUFF! Congratz!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Nov 2016 at 12:20 PM
Great find!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#6 Old 25th Nov 2016 at 4:01 PM
Congratz! Those are great packs!

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Test Subject
#7 Old 25th Nov 2016 at 6:38 PM
Cool collection.
Over the last 6 years I've installed sims 2 (all EPs + SPs) probably 14+ times using the discs. It's quite painful doing it this way. Especially when the disc is damaged at 98% in the installation process
So I have all EPs + SPs in digital copy now.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 25th Nov 2016 at 7:05 PM
Congratulations! Don't forget to patch Family Fun Stuff though- there is a bug where outfits vanish from CAS if you create Sims wearing them, and the patch prevents that.
Game Help:TS2 Patcheswiki
Alchemist
#9 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 12:00 AM
days ago I ordered my first Sims2 packs through Amazon; University and Nightlife. University arrived yesterday; that copy was already patched.
Nightlife; Amazon tells November 28 through December 2 for the copy I ordered.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 12:17 AM
University has a patch.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 4:13 PM
I agree with you joandsarah77 that there is a patch for Uni. But, when I installed Uni and ran the patch the game notified me that Uni. was already patched too. I tried to patch it twice and got the same game notice. Yea, it did make me wonder.
Alchemist
#12 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 12:42 AM
Nightlife came yesterday. installed it this morning. that copy seemed to not need patching either.
long ago downloaded all patches from a Wayback Machine version of the main site.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#13 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 1:00 AM Last edited by Simonut : 30th Nov 2016 at 1:11 AM.
Oh well I luck out ! The problem is I am just a Turtle so from here to the Charity shop will take me a half of a day to get there. And the other half of the day to get back.

@ whoward69 What a great find ! Look like the "Holiday Seasons" is starting early and good for you.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Field Researcher
#14 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 1:06 AM
What a great find! And your copies look to be in excellent condition. I have TS2 Ultimate Collection installed on my PC now and while I don't miss having to insert the CD every time I wanted to play or having to keep track of multiple CDs during installation,I still have all of my CD-ROM copies for TS2 Double Deluxe and most of the expansions and stuff packs. I'll keep them as long as I can because they make me feel nostalgic.
Theorist
#15 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 1:01 PM
You see, your story is a classic "Give and you shall receive." It's wonderful to give to charity (thrift in the USA) shops. It's even better to score some great deals.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
Nightlife came yesterday. installed it this morning. that copy seemed to not need patching either.
long ago downloaded all patches from a Wayback Machine version of the main site.

Nightlife does need patching, every stand alone EP needs patching. Ignore that 'your game is up to date' pop-up, it isn't. Also most Sp's need a patch as well. Make sure you have the correct patch since some are for older or newer type disks and it's easy to grab the wrong one, not have it install and think it doesn't need a patch.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#17 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 9:50 PM
to simonut:: if the trip would take half a day either to or from, might go there one day then come back the next day. or might search for deals online.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#18 Old 1st Dec 2016 at 2:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
to simonut:: if the trip would take half a day either to or from, might go there one day then come back the next day. or might search for deals online.

@ mdsb759 hahaha that was just a joke what I said lol.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".