Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#301 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 3:05 PM
I would like if the next entry was a couple of days earlier, but really am good either way. Posting it later might encourage me to get some much-needed sleep for my recuperation. I'm already trying to figure what to do with either a tropical, mountain/country or desert setting. I'm glad I got what I feel the hardest one for me was out of the way first.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#302 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 3:19 PM
Thinking of you, @gazania
Lab Assistant
#303 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 4:53 PM
*rushes in* WHO SAID DRINKS

The part of me that is easily excited and visits this thread 12 times a day would love to see the next round posted early. The part of me that is realistic and knows what kind of week I have ahead of me says that even if it is posted, I won't be able to start working on it until next Sunday (or later, if I get shanghaied into staffing another robotics competition). Either way, I'll live with it. I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to do; whether or not I can pull it off comes down to the guidelines for the round and how honest I am with myself about my skill level.

Seriously loving these entries. You are all so talented and inspiring! I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

"Passion makes no accommodation for self-preservation."
Mad Poster
#304 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 5:28 PM
*slurp* Ah! Thanks, Petro! *munch, munch, munch* Kinda reminds me of Jerky - very tasty! Yum!

I've got my pet-themed motel posted - check!
I've got my facade work posted - check! (Thank you for reminding me of it, Jones)
I've got new stuff listed in all my Etsy shops - check!
...I'm ready for another building spree. Bring on Round 2 - - whenever it's ready to roll out. I'm ready!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#305 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 5:29 PM
Ok it was pointed out to me that my screenshots guidelines were a bit confusing, so instead of linking to the lot guidelines where the screenshots guidelines are, I just copied and pasted them under a spoiler.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#306 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 5:44 PM Last edited by Karen Lorraine : 18th Feb 2018 at 6:03 PM.
The White Hart

British country style gastro style pub

Sorry it's late folks!
This is a typical English country pub, serving food for most of the day and with an area for games on the upper floor. It has two outside eating areas, one out the back sheltered by a gazebo and the other at the front. There is a small parking area off to the right of the building.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Instructor
#307 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 6:55 PM
Omgosh Karen..I love, love this pub..it's so cute..and if I ever got out of this country (US) I would love to go to something like this.. awesome job girl..
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#308 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 7:34 PM
Thank you, broomhilda61

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#309 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 7:51 PM
Just so you all know, I have dispensed all judging sheets

the time has begun on the judge's week. (well a few hours over )

I will post the new round's stuff about 3 days from the end of the judging period.

Be aware, however that if you start early, you might miss out on helpful advice from said judges.
Instructor
#310 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 9:16 PM
I have been mostly looking and being amazed by everyone's entries in silence, but now that the round is ending, I'd like to congratulate everyone for their amazing jobs. I've seen really awesome builds which will definitely inspire me and help me become a better builder! I believe this contest will be a great learning experience.

Let's relax a bit at the Fermented Fruit Juice Bar while the judges do their thing. Good luck everyone for the next round!
Mad Poster
#311 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 9:37 PM
Looking at Karen Lorraine's pub.

For some reason, it seems to be perfect for my sims
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#312 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 9:41 PM
I might try and upload it, it doesn't have too much CC in it and I could probably replace some of it.

Mad Poster
#313 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 9:53 PM
Happy to hear that, thank you Karen Lorraine
Mad Poster
#314 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 1:12 AM
Some stoopid questions while we wait.

If the next entry is the entertainment/bar one, does it have to be for adults only? Could it be a child- or teen-friendly place? I'm guessing the idea is something fun. It could be educational, but that should be very secondary to fun. To be honest, I didn't do the bar/dance club scene all that much then, and don't do it much now.

Also, do we have to stick with tropical, or can we be beachy in general, but the locale COULD fit in a tropical location? If it can fit in a beach VB hood OK, will that pass? We had beaches where I used to live (Eastern US), but we definitely weren't in the tropics. Beach stuff, I can possibly do.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Top Secret Researcher
#315 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
Some stoopid questions while we wait.

If the next entry is the entertainment/bar one, does it have to be for adults only? Could it be a child- or teen-friendly place? I'm guessing the idea is something fun. It could be educational, but that should be very secondary to fun. To be honest, I didn't do the bar/dance club scene all that much then, and don't do it much now.

Also, do we have to stick with tropical, or can we be beachy in general, but the locale COULD fit in a tropical location? If it can fit in a beach VB hood OK, will that pass? We had beaches where I used to live (Eastern US), but we definitely weren't in the tropics. Beach stuff, I can possibly do.

My understanding is that you can use whatever location you want but only once - ie if you've done a tropical restaurant, you can't do a tropical entertainment lot.
I would think child-friendly entertainment lots are fine.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#316 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 3:56 AM
It has to be an entertainment lot. Not a bar, necessarily that is an example. It has to be a theme you haven't done. Now that said, it IS possible to do something that fits two themes and claim the one you haven't used. There are Asian places that are islands after all. For example.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#317 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 4:31 AM
I have started judging.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#318 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
It has to be an entertainment lot. Not a bar, necessarily that is an example. It has to be a theme you haven't done. Now that said, it IS possible to do something that fits two themes and claim the one you haven't used. There are Asian places that are islands after all. For example.

*sips my yakult* wonderful. time to use the motherland once more
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#319 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 5:36 AM
Ok I have had a mention from a judge (no names ) that some of the contestants need to look at the lot picture guidelines a bit more feel free to ask questions on the thread if you need screenshot help Remember, if the judges cannot see your lots, they can't judge them adequately! So please double check the guidelines! I moved the ones that were in the lot upload guidelines to under a spoiler You don't need to change the shots for this round but next round I will do a better job watching to make sure guidelines are followed

Play alongs aren't being judged the same so it isn't as crucial but it would still be good practice in case you decide to get into contests to do so
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#320 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 6:05 AM
@OnayaW a question about your lot.

One of the judges wanted to know if the bar stool by the booth affected the booth being used. I know you tested, so was checking
Forum Resident
#321 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 6:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
@OnayaW a question about your lot.

One of the judges wanted to know if the bar stool by the booth affected the booth being used. I know you tested, so was checking

If the barstool is used the sim won’t come in.
The same counts out
Though if not used the sim can come in, but I never saw the out (I obviously was a dumb duck and shouldn’t Have placed a barstool there) due to how lagging gameplay is •-•’

Anyway, I see the failure myself and knows it drags down in points (aka why i’m A dumb duck) but it is nothing I can’t fix (since barstools isn’t really needed for the bar to be used)

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#322 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 6:32 AM
Coffee for our judges!

The rest of you, there are plenty of time to party at the fermented juice bar
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#323 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 7:04 AM
Mmm coffee.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#324 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 12:11 PM
I like I first realized now that I forgot I had made the changes while building and fixing the problems before uploading the pictures had been smart but XD
I may also blame I took time off in the middle of an exam to build it...
There is a thousand excuses

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#325 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 1:50 PM
We all made mistakes, @OnayaW - trust me, I have made plenty. It is not that important, you won't (unlike me) make the same one again and your lot is still pretty!

Page 13 of 59