Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 11:54 AM
Default How do you deal with Sims 2's ugly default clothes?
what the title says
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 11:56 AM
Replace them or just don't use them.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 12:14 PM
Nothing, I leave them at the back of the catalogue and dress my sims in CC. A few I default, mainly work clothes because sims have to wear them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 12:24 PM
I don't bat an eye.
Alchemist
#5 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 1:03 PM
I have lots of CC and change the Sims with bad outfits (or hair).
Instructor
#6 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 1:11 PM
I LOVE SIMS 2 CLOTHES! Not all are great, but I have never downloaded CC clothes because I find plenty of options with the defaults.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 1:20 PM
I deal. My sims change clothes daily, sometimes multiple times per day, depending upon what they've been doing. So, whatever they're wearing is going to change pretty soon. I don't love all my personal clothes, either, but I rotate through them.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Scholar
#8 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 1:46 PM
i usually get cc from all about style,mts,GOS etc because maxis clothes aren't the best

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#9 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 1:51 PM
If my Sims don't like the clothes in their wardrobes (and on their backs!), they generally go to the shops and buy new ones. If they can't afford a new everyday outfit (§200 - §400), then maybe they'll just buy a nice new pair of undies (§50) to make them feel better. As I mentioned in another thread, my Sims tend to sleep in their underwear, and seldom get dressed until they have to go out, so nice but (relatively) inexpensive underwear can do a lot to make them feel good about themselves.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Theorist
#10 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 2:17 PM
I use a lot of the maxis clothing, but I admit I recently got into default replacing some of the more awful looking pieces. Now my Sims are less likely to age up into something completely hideous.
Still after aging up I use the clothing tool to replace what the game randomly slapped on them with something I feel is more appripriate for their character. Any further changes of clothing, however, must be paid for by the Sims.

I still need more elder clothes, but they are hard to come by...
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 2:55 PM
The more hideous ones I just ignore (if any townies/dormies/whomever generates wearing it, I'll change it), and the better looking ones I use a lot. I have relatively little CC clothing anyway, because I really don't mind most of the default EAxis ones.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 3:18 PM
The Sims 2 default resource is my friend! Also some tumblrs have great resources for default clothing, and most of them have been made within the last five years with active creators in the community so you can feel a little safer that the items will function as advertised.

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 3:57 PM
It's why I have tons of CC clothing in my folders. I hate some of the default clothing-like that 'hooker outfit' that some end up wearing. What atrocious taste!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#14 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 4:05 PM
I keep most of them as-is because I've got some recolors I don't want bugged up. I prefer using custom outfits because they're less bork-inducing.

I've downloaded pregmorphs for most EAxis AF clothes, a few texture fixes or replacements for the clothes that have nice meshes but awful textures, and the occasional mesh fix (preferably ones that can use the same texture as the originals).
Forum Resident
#15 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 4:15 PM
I default them if I dislike them. Like that - ew, what was it? The female rave one which is a disgusting pretty-much-bikini crop top and short shorts. I've replaced that with a more suitable rave outfit,
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 4:41 PM
I love most default clothes! I downloaded skin eye and hair replacements ASAP, but I let most of the clothes stay because they genuinely look really nice. I have defaulted a few, though. Mostly ugly looking clothes I could find a nice replacement to, but if I see a sufficiently nice replacement, I'll download that too.

I post once in a blue moon and then hibernate and draw- sorry about that!
Instructor
#17 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 6:02 PM
In my CC gameplay I have a few replacement, but in the past I've managed to find defaults for almost all of the clothes... It was nice for a change (especially if we consider that game and EPs have been out for a while)! In the end, I got rid of all of them because of the meshes and some broken recolors, but I still have some for those defaults that I can't stand (like some of the shirts).

In my "vanilla" game I'm not using defaults, not even replacement, but I downloaded everything from Skellington's Repository. Since they use the same texture/meshes of the game, I've a bunch of maxis like clothes but available for different ages and also as separate version. I've been using some clothes that before I didn't like because of the new possibilities, although some townies still need a full new wardrobe.

I play Maxis Match anyway, so the clothing in general doesn't bother me...
Scholar
#18 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 6:04 PM
Default replacements for sure. A lot of the defaults look really dated now, too.
Theorist
#19 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
A lot of the defaults look really dated now, too.

Though tbf a lot of the defaults already looked dated when the game came out...
Mad Poster
#20 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 8:14 PM
I don't mind most of the clothes from the later EPs and SPs, but I've replaced most of the base game stuff with defaults.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 8:35 PM
Replace them with something better textured, less saturated but still keeps the Maxis style. If I can't find replacements that I like then I hide them from the catalog so I don't have to scroll past them nasties.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Instructor
#22 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 8:50 PM
I replaced at least 90% of them. It is the biggest folder in my Downloads (~ 558 MB) and since I can't stand most of Maxis' clothes, I will never delete those 558 MB.
Alchemist
#23 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 9:21 PM
the clothes my sims get does not matter to me.
Scholar
#24 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 9:40 PM
I mostly just let Sims wear whatever they age up into, unless it's really ghastly or ridiculous -- e.g., I just had two Sims leave college and their adult clothing might do if they were Summerdreams, but looks completely ridiculous in my realistic 1980s hood, so they'll have to change. On the other hand, I had one very ugly and overweight teen whose clothes consisted of a brightly coloured sweater over an untucked shirt, virulently clashing shorts, and flipflops. I left him be -- every community has that one person with zero clothes sense, and he had a very laid-back personality which just seemed to fit.

The only CC outfits I've downloaded are Victorian clothes.
Scholar
#25 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 12:53 AM
Thanks to Phae's clothing catalog edits, various default replacements and some hider mods, along with townifying quite a bit of my CC clothing, most of what my sims grow up into is no longer hideous in my eyes!

Yes, one might get a crazy combination of separates on occasion, but more often than not the items chosen are wearable and I'll leave my sims in them. However, if their story or personality called for something more specific, then I'd take them shopping e.g. Lilith Pleasant will likely stick to a darker wardrobe in my game, and my self-sim wouldn't be seen dead in anything too revealing!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Page 1 of 2