Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 5:21 AM Last edited by Kagamine Rin : 8th Oct 2018 at 5:39 AM. Reason: Attachments
Default Extracting voice files from Phantasy Star Online 2 (PSO2)
Hi!
As a PSO2 gamer I want to convert this to Sims 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qmngnQGfME
Is this possible?
I´m willing to try atleast!
Thank you in advanced!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 11:11 AM
Hey Kagamine we haven't chatted in quite a while. Are you still trying to work on that hoodie that you were trying to work on last year? I was known as Gamegenius then. Yes I believe it's possible. Maybe if you download the video and convert it to an mp3 file and use an audio editing software like Audacity. I'm not quite sure how you would be able to import it to Sims 3 because it uses a different audio format. I think it's .snr or something like that. Hopefully somebody more knowledgeable about this sort of stuff comes to help you out.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 2:01 PM
No, sadly that project was abandoned. But thank you for asking!
Yeah, I have been rather down for a long time and didn´t bother to check this site that much.
I think so too, I have downloaded som voice files from that game and maybe I can (with some help) replace the voices for The Sims 3.
If I´m right, I think there´s some programs that can do this task. Thank you so much for trying to help me!
Scholar
#4 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 2:38 PM
Well if you ever feel like picking up on that project again i'm right behind you. I still haven't learned that much about 3d modeling or texturing though I had learned a little bit since then. Just know that there are plenty of tutorials and classes out there to teach you how to learn that stuff or maybe with a little luck you could convince somebody to help create it for you. If I ever learn at least a little bit on how to 3d model and texture and I know that I probably had already said already maybe I could help you create one or at least just a basic one to start out with. I have a random question did you by any chance get better at using and working your way around Blender and/or Marvelous Designer?
As for replacing the sound clips, did you look at the various tutorials hosted on this site and elsewhere?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 4:43 PM
That´s kind to hear!
Instead of Marvelous Designer, I found a way to simulate clothes with high quality physics with Blender actually!
I´m actually suprised that no one has looked at this Simulate Clothes in Blender yet.
It´s pretty neat!
If you are interested in cloth simulation for Sims 3, maybe I can help you too If you want also!
My main project was to make CAS items for Vocaloid - Characters, so maybe we can help each other then! :D
Yeah, I was looking at the tutorials here, but sadly I failed.
Scholar
#6 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 6:09 PM
I'm down to take you up on that offer as soon as my new charger to my i5 arrives I would be able to get into using Blender again although it still lacks an adequate graphic card for the more advanced graphic heavy stuff it's still much better than the one i'm stuck with right now which is a Celeron. I'm not sure how it would handle such a resource heavy stuff such as that without overheating and shutting off. It would probably literally explode just trying to process it for all the good it's doing. I think I had found a tutorial on this site that might help you out a bit. http://modthesims.info/t/576398
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 9:00 PM
Thank you for helping me out!
Scholar
#8 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 9:50 PM
You're welcome. Tell me wherever the tutorial worked for you or not.