Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 12:51 AM
Default How to make custom traits?
I've downloaded and tried using Zerbus mod constructor v3 and I've read and followed the instructions provided by Zerbu plus watched tutorials online and for the life of me I cannot get my traits to work. I removed all cc and mods from my game and left just my trait and still, it doesn't work. Also, zerbus mod constructor is very limited on interactions...is there an alternative to Zerbus mod constructor for making traits? please let me know. thank you!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 1:00 AM
Kinda hard to know what you did wrong. Works for me.

Sims are better than us.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 12:04 PM
Moved to help!

Hrm what might be worth checking is the upload date (And update date too ) of the traits that you got. I know that after the latest patch there's quite a lot of broken CC and I think traits were badly affected by it too. So it might be worth trying to download a test trait that was very recent and see if that might be the issue. Else, and I think you probably know about this, but you have clicked this specific setting to allow scripted CC to be loaded in the game right?
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 4:32 PM
Tbh, I'm having a lot of issues trying to create a new trait, myself. It's not a basic one, it has multiple whims and commodities and buffs changes and such, but I can't get everything to work as it should. The trait goes in the game, no problem, and some parts of it work, while others do not. Also, according to the Mod Conflict Detector it doesn't conflict with anything. Maybe, as is part of my nature, I'm just making it too complicated

I certainly wish I could be of more help.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 8:32 PM
You can use other programs but to read xmls files instead of zerbus tool. I know Zerbus tool it is very handy and it can help in cases. But to start I recommend on studying the tuning files from programs like sims 4 studio, as example to begin with. It is better to learn how codes work than using only an ui interface, you will have more expansion and you can use zerbus tool as a support. I know it is more tedious this way but you will be more pleased in the future and you will know more what you are doing. Even so, you will start with so many trial and errors but with those errors you will be seeing how all work. This is only a suggestion, every mod can work different so it depends on what you want to do, just look for files that have those things that you want in your trait and adapt them there but of course, following the structure that the game reads them. You can start by it, and so much patient. Happy modding.