Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 8:46 PM
Default Info | Useful Help tutorials/posts
Here's a list of threads in this forum that are offering information on various topics:

Game Help:

Changing career outfit in CAS
New Outfit Cheat (how to use outfits.copy_outfit)
Changing Career branches
New Cheats: Retail Perks and Sickness System for Get To Work (Jun 2015)

(see also the other stickies)

CC Help:

Placing Downloaded Lots -- What to do after you have downloaded a lot (as loose files)
How I fixed the problem of merged files preventing the game from starting

Feel free to post here if you come across similar threads. Please do not post any Help questions in this thread.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Here's a list of threads in this forum that are offering information on various topics:

deadlink? http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=570308 (How I fixed the problem of merged files preventing the game from starting)

getting this instead: 404 Not Found

This thread has been deleted by mirabellarose.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 4:39 PM
Wow..and this hasn't been fixed already..Screw you, help forum...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 2:31 AM
Help! How do I upload my custom? content
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th Jul 2020 at 6:17 PM
What happens if I take the tray from one machine/game and paste it into the game files on another machine? Will it overwrite the existing tray or is there a way to make them merge and not lose everything in the existing tray?

I currently have the game on 2 laptops both running Windows 10. My boyfriend has been playing on one of them, building really awesome lots, but he doesn't like to actually play the game much, so the lots don't get used. I'd like to move his builds into the game I'm playing on the other laptop. I don't believe they're saved anywhere individually, except when uploaded to the gallery, and those files are within the tray folder, but I can't identify them individually.

Ideally, I'd like to find a way to network the 2 laptops together and make them run from the same game folder and use the same save files. So, he could build on lots I'm not using, while I'm also playing. I understand this is probably completely impossible. Everything I've found just says to move files with a USB drive. The multiplayer mod I found is for playing sims on the same lot (no build mode), but that's not what I'm trying to do.

So, any way to add his lots to my game without overwriting my files? Or to network and play on LAN together, so I can play while he builds stuff in the same world?

(I'm assuming I shouldn't try to use Origin as a go-between, since I'm running a portable version of the game on both laptops and I've never let them connect to Origin, I'm afraid it could cause both machines to spontaneously combust...)

Thanks in advance for any insight!!