Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 2:41 PM
Incompatible Downloads Displaying
At first I thought maybe a couple people here and there were just careless about how they tagged their mods, but it's such a frequent occurrence now that I can only assume it's a technical issue. Long story short: I don't have all the EPs and have properly checked the ones I have in my profile, but for TS4 I keep seeing a lot of them for EPs I don't have.
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 3:37 PM
When you go to the Download browse page, at the top you should see "Sims 4 > Downloads > Compatible" and then right below the sub-sections you should see something similar to:

"Showing downloads compatible with: Sims 4, Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, and Romantic Garden Stuff "

Can you paste what you see there, as well as a screenshot?

Thanks!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 2:41 PM Last edited by Redhead : 21st Sep 2018 at 2:48 PM. Reason: I forgot to include everything requested.
Sorry this took so long. Here you go.

Edit: for example, I get these two hairstyles in the search results.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=604601

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=604599

Double edit to include screenshot of these actually showing up in the results.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#4 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 8:33 AM
For the record, I have this issue too to the point where I didn't even know I still had it enabled. From my experience, when people upload stuff they list the expansions needed in the description, but do not check the proper boxes indicating as such. If the filter works by using these boxes, it would explain why it does not work.
The links Redhead provided are a good example. They both require the Sims 4 expansion "Cats and Dogs" but are marked as base-game compatible under "Expansion/Stuff packs required".

Common sense is one of nature's great ironies... It turns out common sense isn't so common.

Please see my new journal for news on my mods as well as requests.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 6:37 AM
Yeah, it would be great if we could know what, if anything, might be done to correct this.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#6 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 10:35 AM
Unfortunately, it's up to the individual creators when uploading to mark the correct EPs/SPs that the upload requires. This is what the site uses when determining if something is compatible (as Chicken0895 pointed out).

Best option is to simply point it out to the creator, or to let a staff member know, and we can review it.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 2:08 PM
Was the option to flag a mod removed? I considered doing that when I first noticed the problem, but couldn't find the link to do so. I might just be going senile though. Help an old lady out?