Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15726 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 9:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Odd quirk - have you checked it for conflicts?

No. Plus it's an object, so it shouldn't really conflict with anything.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#15727 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 10:05 AM
Recently downloaded Walkbys Behave (the Furious version) by Cyjon, thought I followed all instructions, ran HCDU and got alerted to two versions of a CJ hack apparently conflicting with each other: CJ-WalkbysBehave-StealNewspaper.package and CJ-WalkbysBehave-StealNewspaper v2a.package. Turns out that yes they're both in my Cyjon mods folder in the CJ-WalkbysBehave-Furious sub-folder. Unless my eyesight/reading comprehension is working worse than usual, there's nothing at all in Cyjon's documention to explain why there are two files or how they are different. Anyone familiar enough with this set of mods to help me out here?

I would assume I'd need to remove one (but I have no idea which one), but then re-reading the info linked above, I notice this:
Quote:
INSTALLATION NOTE #2: All five mods are included in each zip file, but TrashKick and TrashMess are not compatible.
I removed exactly one file (TrashMess) after unzipping the archive, and I currently have exactly four mods left in that sub-folder (CJ-WalkbysBehave-StealGnome, CJ-WalkbysBehave-StealNewspaper v2a, CJ-WalkbysBehave-StealNewspaper, and CJ-WalkbysBehave-TrashKick). That instilation note seems to suggest that there should be four mods left once I've removed which ever "trash" mod I'd rather not keep. I'm just really confused right now.
Mad Poster
#15728 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 10:36 AM
It looks like 2a is a newer version, so I'd keep that one. Looks like Cyjon forgot to take the old one out when he updated it.
Mad Poster
#15729 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 10:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
It looks like 2a is a newer version, so I'd keep that one. Looks like Cyjon forgot to take the old one out when he updated it.

Good point. I hadn't thought to check the dates, so I did that. Turns out the "2a" version is actually about two months older than the other one; 2a was last modified Sept 18, 2011 while the one without "2a" was last modified November 9, 2011. (Opening them in SimPE also shows me that there are a lot more BHAV lines in the 2a version, but unfortunately I can't understand what any of it means beyond going, "Yup, there are more of them.")
Mad Poster
#15730 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

You might never know, If it actually does conflict .... So If I were you, I might check it anyway.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#15731 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 1:50 PM

It is an object that also contains three overrides to the Community Lot Populator, it is likely to conflict with other mods.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15732 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 2:17 PM
Something like Larger Families perhaps? I would run the HCDU but it hasn't worked for me for some time, always goes non-responsive.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#15733 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 3:36 PM Last edited by omglo : 19th Oct 2018 at 3:54 PM.
@Rosawyn

Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Speaking of move objects...anyone happen to know how to flag something in SimPE so it can be moved without having to turn that on?

Scholar
#15734 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 3:33 AM Last edited by Bubblebeam : 20th Oct 2018 at 5:59 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
SimWardrobe has a customer limit adjuster. It works on unowned lots but you need to place it ahead of time and set it every time you visit.

For some reason I can't get it to work. I can set it on say 5 sims and it will happily report that there are 7 or 8.

Doesn't seem to work for me either (on unowned lots - owned lots did work). Wouldn't business lot customers have a different identifier to unowned lot visitors?

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15735 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 4:19 AM
I don't want it for unowned lots, mine are all owned. So maybe that's why it isn't working? My issue is too many sims in my tiny shops, i want less. My PO is on a 1 by 1 lot and I have had up to 10 sims in there.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15736 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
@Rosawyn

Unfortunately this did not work. I followed all the steps carefully, double checked to make sure I had it all right and hadn't missed anything, but when I loaded up the game to check, it's just like it was before: I place the object and can't pick it up again. It says "Can't pick up."
Mad Poster
#15737 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Silly question: Does anyone else add the Sims 3 build/buy music to the custom music folder? I do so because it's nice to have a little more variety when redecorating houses.

I found extracted Sims Medieval music at Plumb Bob Keep and use that in my game (I disabled all of the Build/Buy music that came with the Sims 2). The Medieval stuff is very cinematic and a couple of pieces are very relaxing to listen to.

http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...hp?f=101&t=1279
Mad Poster
#15738 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 2:02 PM
Kinda sucks developers didn't make checks for items, like desks, to be "used" by dormies. I don't like how assignments lay around on the floor or on cafeteria's dining tables, and while the design of premade dorms is horrible in terms of gameplay (how rooms either have just desk, with computer or a wardrobe to diversify and little to no desk available for writing is in communual areas), there could have been made so dormies who had desks would not do assignments (since the rooms are abyss voids, the player could pretend their actually doing in there since you can't see npc students nor objects). So yeah, kind of my mod idea.

Mad Poster
#15739 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 2:38 PM
Mine always preferred dining tables. I had to put centerpieces on all the tables in the dining room to keep dormies from doing their assignments on them and getting the tables/chairs stuck "in use" all the time.
Mad Poster
#15740 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 2:41 PM
That's unfortunate. Makes all your tables art exhibits.

Mad Poster
#15741 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 4:42 PM
I got some "Craftsman" style houses from MTS, and 2 of them had chairs "off the grid". Looks like if tables, chess, or bars are placed off-grid, even though chairs are carefully moved to look like they have been pulled close to the table, Sims can't use them (can't sit in chairs). I would have thought that would not have been an acceptable upload. I've never tried to do that with a chair; can anyone verify this "finding"?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Theorist
#15742 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I got some "Craftsman" style houses from MTS, and 2 of them had chairs "off the grid". Looks like if tables, chess, or bars are placed off-grid, even though chairs are carefully moved to look like they have been pulled close to the table, Sims can't use them (can't sit in chairs). I would have thought that would not have been an acceptable upload. I've never tried to do that with a chair; can anyone verify this "finding"?

They were just positioned poorly. Chairs can be used off grid in quarter tile increments - just move the chair back a small bit and let it pull itself up to the table when you go live and they'll work. As for what's acceptable or not I don't have a clue but if the furniture is placed poorly enough for you to comment on it leave a message on the upload. If it bothers you maybe it'll bother someone else and they'd appreciate the information.
Mad Poster
#15743 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 5:25 PM
Thanks. I guess the table (& then the chairs) were not positioned correctly.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Undead Molten Llama
#15744 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 6:43 PM
I don't want it for unowned lots, mine are all owned. So maybe that's why it isn't working? My issue is too many sims in my tiny shops, i want less. My PO is on a 1 by 1 lot and I have had up to 10 sims in there.

My experience with this:

I wanted to fuss with customer numbers on an owned lot. (Specifically, I wanted more customers on a townie-owned community lot that I never played as an owned lot, so that I could visit it and have more fellow visitors to interact with than the 3 visitors allowed a Level-0 owned business.) What I found was that the adjuster...didn't really work. (And I tested in a neighborhood with no other mods/cc installed, so it wasn't a conflict with anything.) With owned lots, the number of customers is limited by the business's level and I could find no mod that would actually override this. It didn't matter if I put in different limits in a userstartup file or if I used the SimWardrobe object or whatever. SnootySims used to have info about those limits, but the site is apparently down right now and I can't access it. But I think it's something like 3 customers (not including the owner/employees) for a Level 0 business and each successive level gives you one or two more customers. I think the limit for a Level 10 business is 15, but don't quote me on that. (Which, yes, is problematic on a 1x1 lot and your system is strong enough -- and I know yours is, Jo -- to allow 15 customers plus owner/employees on the lot at once. )

So, the best I could do in my situation was to artificially inflate my townie-owned community lots' level to 10. (Via this mod: http://insimenator.org/showthread.p...ustomer+loyalty) That way, I had more fellow customers to interact with when I visited that lot. If on the other hand you wanted to reduce the number of customers because you simply can't fit them on the lot, you could use that mod to take away loyalty stars from customers, which would knock down the business's level and thus reduce the number of customers it will "call." But of course you wouldn't want to do that if a business's level is important to you in whatever way. And, of course, there's nothing stopping that business's level going up again, so you'd constantly have to take away stars. (In this case, a "Business Level Stopinator" would be really good. ) But yeah, SimWardrobe's adjuster didn't work for what I wanted to do, either. Given what I read about an owned business lot's level dictating how many customers it can have, I'm not sure it CAN work on owned lots. I mean, even when I set the number as less than what it could get because of the business's level, I still got the level-tied number of customers, so the adjuster doesn't seem to override the level-tied customer numbers for owned lots at all, and I suspect it will only work on unowned lots.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Alchemist
#15745 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 9:09 PM
long ago downloaded Numenor's transparency set ( http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=70222 ). placed all of them in Downloads folder.
last I checked, the fences in the set did not have the custom content icon in catalog. is this normal?
Mad Poster
#15746 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 11:13 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 20th Oct 2018 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Added an illustration
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
That's unfortunate. Makes all your tables art exhibits.

Not at all. Centerpieces don't interfere with sims eating at the tables, but they are prevented from doing assignments on the tables. See the picture in the following post. It's a little hard to see, but the dormie in the back is having no trouble at all eating his breakfast off of a table with centerpieces on it.
https://www.modthesims.info/showthr...004#post5113004

I don't have much of a problem with class assignments anymore anyway since I got the following two mods:

1. noassignmentlitter by Pescado - if a dormie abandons their assignment book, the book will evaporate shortly afterward. No more assignment books all over every available floor tile, desk, table, etc.! This mod is only available in the Director's Cut. Pick the EP folder for your version of the game and get the large .zip file at the bottom of the page. noassignmentlitter should be in there.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/

2. nopartyassignment by Syberspunk - this restricts when and where dormies are allowed to do their assignments in the first place. Now they can be interacted with instead of always being busy doing assignments! Once a dormie fills their grade meter, they stop doing assignments at all!
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,2419.0.html

Syberspunk's nopartyresearch is similar, but works on group research instead. - http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,11553.0.html
Mad Poster
#15747 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 12:21 AM
Does anybody else have problems with custom cars becoming unclickable? I've had my Sims become trapped on community lots for this reason.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#15748 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 3:31 AM
Not personally, but I've read enough about other people having problems with custom cars that my business owners always walk to their owned businesses.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15749 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 3:33 AM
I have issues with my fire truck and police car randomly disappearing. Sometimes they come back sometimes not. I've had to rebuy both of them 1 couple of times.

~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#15750 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 3:44 AM Last edited by iCad : 21st Oct 2018 at 3:57 AM.
I've never had disappearing vehicles or the problem that Bulbizarre described...but then I don't often use Sim-owned vehicles in my game. Since the issue seems to be here-and-there, wouldn't that suggest that the problem is with specific custom cars -- like an error in the way a specific one was made -- as opposed to a problem with custom cars in general?

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Page 630 of 1338