Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#15751 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 3:51 AM
The only times I've had cars disappearing is when I've installed a mod that causes a reset and sims that were at work or school are now back at home when I open the lot. As Jo said, sometimes the car comes back, sometimes not.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15752 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 4:47 AM
It could have been after a reset, sometimes I forget that a new mod might do that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#15753 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 9:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I found extracted Sims Medieval music at Plumb Bob Keep and use that in my game (I disabled all of the Build/Buy music that came with the Sims 2). The Medieval stuff is very cinematic and a couple of pieces are very relaxing to listen to.

http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...hp?f=101&t=1279

@RoxEllen1965

How does one go about disabling the Build/Buy Music that comes with the Sims 2? I have some other music I can use instead. Can you disable any other kinds?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#15754 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 9:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
@RoxEllen1965

How does one go about disabling the Build/Buy Music that comes with the Sims 2? Can you disable any other kinds?

You can disable every kind by going into the volume area in game and unchecking all the boxes for that type of music. I have everything but the stereo removed. Or you can just mute it, but that mutes everything. The Sims will still make noise while loading, but once you're in game, nothing.
Top Secret Researcher
#15755 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 9:43 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 21st Oct 2018 at 9:53 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
You can disable every kind by going into the volume area in game and unchecking all the boxes for that type of music. I have everything but the stereo removed. Or you can just mute it, but that mutes everything. The Sims will still make noise while loading, but once you're in game, nothing.

Disabling every kind is not what I understood RoxEllen1965 was doing she stated that she used medieval instead, that is what I would like to know how to do. I want to have my own Build/Buy music play and not have the music that comes with the game play, if that is possible.

On the subject of disapearing cars or cars becoming unclickable on a community lot.

Just about every household that I have has a vehicle and I have never had a problem with them. I rarely ever have my sims walk, they almost always use their vehicle to go to a community lot and I have never had a problem with it.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#15756 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 10:09 AM
To disable individual songs, go to the sound options screen. In the lower half of the screen, note that there are categories (Stereo, Buy Mode, Build Mode, Neighborhood, and Create A Family). In each category, you will see that each song on the play list for that category has a circle to the left of it that is either filled or empty. If the circle is filled, the song is enabled and will be in the game's random rotation. If the circle is empty, the song is disabled and the game will not randomly play it. Just click on the circle to switch between enabled and disabled.

In my screenshot, the Buy Mode play list is selected. All the Sims 2 songs that shipped with the game have been cleared/disabled from this category and only the Sims Medieval songs are enabled for the random rotation and only those songs will now play in Buy Mode. Make sure you go through all the pages in each section - some of them have long play lists. I had so much custom music in Buy Mode (a lot of Sims 1 stuff mostly) that there were five pages of it to check.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#15757 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 10:46 AM
I'm kinda wondering where I could use sims (particulary in economy) that have over max charisma and body, 9 points in cleaning (probably for janitor-ish positions), 3-6 in logic, in 6 creativity. One is Romance, second is popularity, third - knowledge. I could use all these three sims for employee position in one common business workplace, but haven't really thought off what kind of business it could be. Any ideas?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#15758 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 11:56 AM
Under RAW data (OBJD) where it says 'depreciation limit' should one put the final sale price of an object or the cumulative depreciation limit? In case I'm not making sense - if something is say $100 and the daily deprecation is $10, but you want it to stop at $30, would you put $70 or $30?

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#15759 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I'm kinda wondering where I could use sims (particulary in economy) that have over max charisma and body, 9 points in cleaning (probably for janitor-ish positions), 3-6 in logic, in 6 creativity. One is Romance, second is popularity, third - knowledge. I could use all these three sims for employee position in one common business workplace, but haven't really thought off what kind of business it could be. Any ideas?

Max Charisma and Body? WWF. XD
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15760 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
Disabling every kind is not what I understood RoxEllen1965 was doing she stated that she used medieval instead, that is what I would like to know how to do. I want to have my own Build/Buy music play and not have the music that comes with the game play, if that is possible.

If you go to that Medieval music download page, it tells you - you just drop the music files in the music folders in My Documents. You need to pick a station. I don't know what that medieval music is like (I hated TSM) but I'd guess the classical or folk (country) stations would be suitable. There are also build and buy categories in there. For quite a long time, I had music from Neverwinter Nights in build (I got so sick of the sims music) but reverted with a reinstall. I do have some classical MPs files and some of the TS1 music in my folders. Watch the size of the files though - the game won't play very large files.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15761 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 1:19 PM
Oh cool, just what my medieval game needs, medieval music. :D

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#15762 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 1:40 PM
What's wrong with this toddler's skin? Something is affecting every toddler, and I have no idea what it causes.
Mad Poster
#15763 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 2:15 PM
My guess is that you've got an outfit or skin that's badly made and overrides all male toddler skins. I've had this happen with some hairs that put weird hair texture on all scalps of a certain age/gender. The texture of the outfit might give you some clues (try viewing it on the diaper mesh to get a better look).

You can also do a 50/50 search. When the issue disappears, the item is in the bunch you didn't test (and as long as it shows it's still in your game), so it should be pretty easy to find the problem item.
Undead Molten Llama
#15764 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
Under RAW data (OBJD) where it says 'depreciation limit' should one put the final sale price of an object or the cumulative depreciation limit? In case I'm not making sense - if something is say $100 and the daily deprecation is $10, but you want it to stop at $30, would you put $70 or $30?

I haven't done this in a while, so don't quote me, but I think you put in $30 as the depreciation limit. I'd go into stuff in SimPE to check what I've put in when messing with prices and depreciation, but I've got the game open at the moment so I can't. But I'm PRETTY sure that's what you do. Of course, it's also easy to test to see if it's working the way you want after you fiddle with something. Just plunk the object down on a lot, freeze everyone's motives, let the game run on ultra-speed for a few Sim-days, see what the sale price of the object would be, then exit the lot without saving.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15765 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
My guess is that you've got an outfit or skin that's badly made and overrides all male toddler skins. I've had this happen with some hairs that put weird hair texture on all scalps of a certain age/gender. The texture of the outfit might give you some clues (try viewing it on the diaper mesh to get a better look).

Looks as though it might be some sort of cyborg skin.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Alchemist
#15766 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix

Military & Intelligence, or Law Enforcement. Or Crime, now that I think about it.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#15767 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 9:07 PM
SneakyWingPhoenix, a gym.

Something in one AGS is messing up a couple spots on female teen and adult outfits. But not in my full game, which has all the cc clothes of the AGS plus more. I'm guessing it's defaults of some sort that I didn't put in the AGS, to fix transparent diamonds at the front of the bust on tight EA adult female meshes and sides of the bust on tight EA teen female meshes. Sigh. Anybody remember off the top of their head which defaults those would be?

Bigger problem, something is interfering with passing along business perks and transferring an owned business, as in, those aren't showing up as options. Dad had the business, could not give it to the son who was supposed to get it, so his wife inherited it when Dad died. Now she owns it, but cannot give it to the son (one of four kids) who is supposed to get it. She lives with the son and his family, but as they are a functional family, she has great relationships with all her kids, and I don't know how the game handles that determination. I have Pescado's business hacks, but those have never interfered before, so can anyone think of other hacks that don't have to do with owned businesses but might have effects on the menu availability?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Instructor
#15768 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 9:26 PM
Thank you thank you thank you Simmer22 and Maxon!
The source of the problem is found. It wasn't a skin or downloaded clothing. I had downloaded hiders for all Maxis clothing, and edited them to keep the clothing I like and made some toddler outfits availeble for both genders, and when I removed the hider for NL, Beau Broke's normal hands appeared. He looks great again.
Thanks.
Scholar
#15769 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
I haven't done this in a while, so don't quote me, but I think you put in $30 as the depreciation limit. I'd go into stuff in SimPE to check what I've put in when messing with prices and depreciation, but I've got the game open at the moment so I can't. But I'm PRETTY sure that's what you do. Of course, it's also easy to test to see if it's working the way you want after you fiddle with something. Just plunk the object down on a lot, freeze everyone's motives, let the game run on ultra-speed for a few Sim-days, see what the sale price of the object would be, then exit the lot without saving.

You were right. Also I noticed the update happens at midnight so for an even faster test just do sethour 23 over and over.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Inventor
#15770 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 9:13 AM
I'm a little confused about how christianlov's Sim Transporter works; if I transport a sim they'll be automatically added to the household? Do they get memories of moving in or added funds? I'm looking for alternatives to the Sim Blender when teleporting sims because not a lot of options are available for them since they're not a part of the household (I use a lot of poseboxes and some aren't enabled for teleported sims)

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#15771 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 9:18 AM
On a sleepover with his Bluewater friend Hermes Hunter, young Hans Moltke is stuck sleeping in a glitched Princess Bed.
The last time I had the Hunters' lot open, I tried Force Error / Reset several times to no effect. So it looks like I'll have no option but to use Force Error / Delete on the bed. I can't click on Hans himself or I might try to move him out of the bed with MoveObjects before deleting it. Hans will be quite safe when I delete the bed with him it, won't he? I suppose I can easily get him back to the Hunters' lot with a teleporter. At the moment I can play him without problems on his own lot.

I've never had much success with Rebecah's beds. I tried her sleeping mats on the Newsons' lot, but the toddlers wouldn't sleep in them. They'd lie down but get straight up again. I suppose that it just might help that I've installed the University EP since I last played the Hunters' lot as I previously had an unusual combination of EPs (Nightlife and OFB without University). (Installing University didn't case a reset. It might have got Hans out of that bed if it had!)

By the way, if you're wondering what boy would sleep in a Princess Bed, the answer is of course that Hans Moltke would. (Hans is Julian's little brother.)
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15772 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 9:50 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 22nd Oct 2018 at 10:01 AM.
@AndrewGloria The sleep mat that I use: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?p=1530815 post 3. Sometimes I have to pick it up, spin it around once and replace, especially if more than one toddler is on the lot and they are taking turns using it.

yes, delete him along with the bed, save and reload the lot.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15773 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 10:28 AM
Toddler beds don't work in my game either - either they get up at once or there is no menu on the bed to use - , but the sleep mat Jo links to does! It is the only one I use these days.
Mad Poster
#15774 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 10:44 AM
I use hacked toddler beds, and I also use this patch by Inge: Toddler sleep through night patch, as well as a hack by XPTL to keep them in bed.

They stay in bed and never get up until the next morning.
I think that if you delete a bed that's glitched it should clear up the problem. I find that beds are the most likely suspects in this area. Have no idea why but they'll be the first to go bad. Either toddler beds or any other.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15775 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 11:41 AM
I use toddler beds too. Occasionally one will glitch and become not clickable/toddler keeps waking up, so I rebuy it and it's fine. For the most part, they work for me. Could be another bed mod is messing with it in your games.

~Call me Jo~
Page 631 of 1345