Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 6:52 PM
Default Has anybody found the object textures in the preload files?
Just wanting to have a browse through em but they weren't where I expected
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 11:12 AM Last edited by Everlasting-Garden : 5th Sep 2014 at 11:53 AM.
I am very curious about this too. I find it really awkward that they are not in the FullBuild files. Where did EA hide them...
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 5:04 AM
There are a lot of .dd's that open up completely black in Photoshop CS6, which makes me wonder of those are the wall and floor textures. If that's not the case, I have no idea where they are...
Instructor
#4 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Everlasting-Garden
I am very curious about this too. I find it really awkward that they are not in the FullBuild files. Where did EA hide them...

I'm curious how you determined that the object textures weren't in the fullbuild files? I haven't looked yet, but that seems like the ONLY place they could possibly be.

BTW, I am currently working on getting a recolor tool for objects put together (similar to Color Magic) but have only gotten a tiny bit of research done on it so far.

codename: granthes -- Developer of Sims3/4 utilities
Now working on modding tools for the Sims 4 CAS Demo
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by granthes
I'm curious how you determined that the object textures weren't in the fullbuild files? I haven't looked yet, but that seems like the ONLY place they could possibly be.

BTW, I am currently working on getting a recolor tool for objects put together (similar to Color Magic) but have only gotten a tiny bit of research done on it so far.

I probably talked too fast. The objects are indeed there of course yet with s4pe being in early stages, it's hard to find both textures and meshes. Extracting the file from the MLOD is probably the hardest since Milkshape won't read the s3acs. We will have to wait and see! I'm very excited!

Also, I can't wait for your recolor tool to be out, it's gonna be a must have!
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 9:59 AM
A recolor tool, any progress? I might open a big manhunt on the texture files, because I can't stand most color combinations in the sims 4 right now. REALLY!? No kitchen cabinets that are white with wooden tops?
They didn't really pay to much attention to the last 5 years of cc out there did they
Everything is either modern or goth...
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 10:35 PM
I'm also looking forward to the object recolor tool. Hope to hear of anything soon. Also, being able to import new objects would be amazing.
Test Subject
#8 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 9:56 PM
Me too, I agree 100% with mwerp. The colour combinations are so ugly, I almost believe they are doing it on purpose!
Lets hope for a an object, floors/walls etc. tool as soon as possible.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 5:11 PM
As someone who has NEVER recolored objects or anything since all of the community's CC rocks, I too am jumping on this bandwagon. I've been doing a lot of digging as well trying to find these and I just can't! (Must.. recolor.. the beds..) If someone finds these files, you will be crowned our leader! X3

EDIT:
Quote: Originally posted by granthes

PLEASE DO! The only reason I was able to recolor original maxis CAS items was because S4S found the files for me >_>
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#10 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kittifizz
Must.. recolor.. the beds..

FWIW I came across two bedding (not bed!) textures yesterday while looking for something else -- if by recolour you mean make a default override, you might want to try whether it works to just plunk these into a new package:

0x00B2D882-0x00000000-0x5ADD02583171C4E2
0x00B2D882-0x00000000-0x5ADD02583171C4E3

(FullBuild8 or DeltaBuild8, not sure anymore)

Some/Many/All? objects have more than one version of their texture though, from what I've seen (for the different LODs I would think). It might require a lot of patience to find them all.

Also, am not sure whether S4PE is exporting them correctly at this point - the wrapping does seem a bit odd with many of the textures I've seen, and Inge also mentioned in a couple of posts in the EA modding forum (which I haven't fully understood) that S4PE is doing weird things at the moment.

PNGs attached for reference.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  beddingpngs.zip (742.1 KB, 26 downloads) - View custom content

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.