Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#1851 Old 6th May 2018 at 9:17 AM
Have I ever mentioned how much I love this sim? I never made him, he was game generated nanny who I gave a 'real life'. Anyway...you know all of that. But I do love him because he was there caring for so many of my extended families children...now he has a family of his own. :lovestruc

He is now a level 10 Chief of staff at Heart Beat Hospital (Coolspear's hospital mods makes this sooo much better).

He also found out he's Jeff's real father so he's pretty happy about that. It's complicated. :lovestruc
Advertisement
Instructor
#1852 Old 6th May 2018 at 9:31 AM
Very photogenic.
Mad Poster
#1853 Old 6th May 2018 at 10:28 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 6th May 2018 at 11:10 PM.
"I" evolved more plants, Dana had been keeping tabs on the hedgehogs and yet, Amy, a pink hedgehog went for a rocket to GORK where.

Bill will not like that Amy left. He has a fondness for Amy. As far as human-hedgehog relations go, he's trying to make nice with the hedgehogs in the hedgehog room starting with Amy, then Sylvester, Shane and Sean. Sean is afraid of mechanical engineering geniuses. I wonder why...

Nevermind Bill's hard luck with the hedgehogs, my fridge is full of spinach and mushrooms from the garden. Not to mention herbs and garlic I planted in the isolating growing pots.

Quick question: How many in-game days does a plantain tree become harvestable?

Edit:
Great...just great...

Sean bites Dana on the nose and escapes via rocket. Amy returned, but that's the least of the problems.

"I" invited Dana and Bill to blow bubbles via the Elation Station and I had set the flavor to Fairy Fizz. It was extremely awkward with the three of us coughing up bubbles and sounding like my backyard was filling up with helium.

What's weird is that the want "Try for Baby" appeared for "me" when neither Bill or "I" can have children (their boxes were marked neither, so this is a glitch in scripting)

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#1854 Old 7th May 2018 at 12:29 AM
Since today is the 2 year birthday of Henry, I'm playing him today. I did that last year. By birthday, I mean, the day I created him as a sim. He is my favorite sim in my game, so I'm playing him for his birthday. LOL I have no life T^T No I don't do this for any other sims, not even my self sim and her husband.(Who were teh very first family I created even before Henry)

Nothing special going on here, I am just getting him to learn to train his dog. He's got almost all of the skills except he's level 9 of Archaeology and just started pet training. Everything else is done!
Mad Poster
#1855 Old 7th May 2018 at 5:32 AM
Well, Amy bit Bill on the nose and that was when I decided that 4 hedgehogs are too much for 3 busy Sims. I sold all but Shane, renamed Shadow due to his black and red coloring.

Bill and "I" went to the Romance Festival and he curiously ask the guru of our relationship. Turns out "I" made the best decision by marrying Bill. If I married Dana, who knows what would have happened.

We were a little goofy from the Sakura Tea but everyone else was attempting to sing...VERY BADLY!

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Mad Poster
#1856 Old 7th May 2018 at 6:54 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 7th May 2018 at 7:39 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
Since today is the 2 year birthday of Henry, I'm playing him today. I did that last year. By birthday, I mean, the day I created him as a sim. He is my favorite sim in my game, so I'm playing him for his birthday. LOL I have no life T^T No I don't do this for any other sims, not even my self sim and her husband.(Who were teh very first family I created even before Henry)

Nothing special going on here, I am just getting him to learn to train his dog. He's got almost all of the skills except he's level 9 of Archaeology and just started pet training. Everything else is done!

On March 23, 2019 that's when I will celebrate a year after the reset disaster.

I find it amusing you celebrate those kind of personal milestones.

Mainly because my only big personal one was my gallbladder removal because I was at risk of sepsis. It falls on Alice Cooper's birthday. I didn't get a crush on him until about 4 years ago and I didn't realize my tug of war with the Grim Reaper happened on the same day as his 62nd birthday until I did my research.

Even though I have crushes on mostly married men, I would blame my brazen aunt Lucinda (my dad's sister) for the "wishful thinking" I put into my games. That and I am lousy at gauging people unless they outright tell they are some trait or quality that docks points from my judgment calls.

Then again, screwing up a virtual universe is easier done than said. I am pretty timid as far as talking to potential social partners in real life. In fact, I made a great improvement when I ran into George in produce and added a 4th volley to our small talk. The fact I didn't run a 1-minute mile after saying hello means there is hope.

But yes, I should log my creations and celebrate anniversaries of their creation or completion.

Getting back to the matter at hand...the house owned by my simself's grandfather is the only house in Newcrest and I have yet to populate and occupy Newcrest with other Sims.

Scholar
#1857 Old 7th May 2018 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN

Mainly because my only big personal one was my gallbladder removal because I was at risk of sepsis. It falls on Alice Cooper's birthday. I didn't get a crush on him until about 4 years ago and I didn't realize my tug of war with the Grim Reaper happened on the same day as his 62nd birthday until I did my research.

But yes, I should log my creations and celebrate anniversaries of their creation or completion.

I had my gallbladder out too.... 2014 I think? I don't really celebrate that milestone. It was a bad year.

I only really just played his family for a day to 'celebrate'. Nothing special. Then I went back to Shingo. It took most of the day to just play through one day of Henry's life, but it was nice. I'm currently working on Shingo's family. He bought a 50,000$ credit to buy a house and I'm working on getting that paid down. He is level 10 of the doctor career and making damn good money but he pays 1000$ every day (autonomously part of the mod) and so I've got to keep him ahead of the debt. I really look forward to seeing him come up ahead of the debt and paying the last of it off. This is the first time I've ever used credit in game to buy a house. I always have bought houses only when my sims could afford it. I never cheated free realestate to put sims into houses.
Forum Resident
#1858 Old 7th May 2018 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN

This just made me laugh so hard!
God, I love Alice and wouldn't you know, I also had my gallbladder removed. Not on his birthday though.
Anyway, you guys have the most amazing stories. Love reading them! I'm not playing S4 at the moment because I'm too busy with S3 atm.
Oh @spidergirl79 congrats on Henry's birthday. He's a hottie!
Scholar
#1859 Old 8th May 2018 at 3:12 AM
Thanks @sleepyrose I'm glad you enjoy our stories... I love others stories too.
Lab Assistant
#1860 Old 9th May 2018 at 11:17 AM
I ran into the 'can't save while aging up' bug again the other night. The Sim kid's father had recently called to invite her to his birthday party, so I thought he might be the problem. I added him to the family and had him blow out candles, he aged up to adult; I did it again and he aged to elder; still can't save. It was probably her great-grandmother, a ghost who was losing her footing in this world. (I'm beginning to suspect that the 'can't save-aging' bug is related to culling.)

Anyway, as I figured my save was borked, I turned dad into a Plant Sim and had him contact aliens via satellite. Then, I sent him into the observatory, where he collected several space prints I'd been trying to get for two generations.

And lo, I could save again! (I don't think it's anything I did - it was just waiting it out that worked this time.) I'd planned to evict dad, but he's been so useful finding the space prints, I'm letting him hang around. I've also had him chatting up the lemon tree to get it to evolve more quickly and fill his 'sunlight' need.
Scholar
#1861 Old 10th May 2018 at 1:58 AM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 10th May 2018 at 4:54 AM.
I'm playing young Henry (alternate reality) because the doctor career is causing babies to spawn like crazy in my game (every time there is a delivery) and I'm concerned it's going to start picking from my families for fathers and mothers....anyway.

The cat made a mess of Henry's bed....

Declawing of cats is banned in BC now (Canada) so if you don't want cats doing this, don't get a cat or train them. Declawing is inhumane.
Test Subject
#1862 Old 10th May 2018 at 2:01 AM
In my game, my Sims are just living the good ol' life. I have a few Sims getting famous in live streams as well!
Test Subject
#1863 Old 11th May 2018 at 1:46 AM
I'm playing Ariel & Eric from The Little Mermaid with their sheepdog Max. I JUST created Ursula and stuck her in the neighborhood too.
Their kitty just had a kitten. So cute! Definitely going to keep breeding cats. They are cuter and less work IMO.
I made a cute fairy and another mermaid who stays a mermaid at all times.
I have a house full of the Jersey Shore cast. It's been hilarious playing them and interacting with them!
Ariel's girlfriend (side piece) got really angry from her unintentionally flirting with someone else. Eric seems to not care about her though which is odd lol.
I have a serial killer I created and gave him a cat. He's only killed 2-3 times so far. Not played him much. He's freakin' crazy.
Eric is a sorcerer and Ariel, besides being a mermaid, is also famous from simstagram and just started the YouTuber career. She has millions of followers.
Ariel killed two crazed fans that wouldn't leave her house. LOL THEY WOULD NOT GO AWAY! They just made themselves at home! I had to revert to an older save after that so this didn't end up staying in my game, but it was fun while it lasted! xD
Mad Poster
#1864 Old 11th May 2018 at 2:31 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 13th May 2018 at 11:19 PM.
Minutes after the Romance Festival, "I" divorced Bill, because a new guy moved in: His name is Benny Olsen, he's 46 and he's a Romantic, Outgoing and a Cat Lover.

I tossed the two Baby Boomers out and traded up for a Gen Xer. I know no loyalties beyond my (non-existent) family.

In all honesty, I eventually would come to blows with this decision. Benny Olsen is this person whose been showing up in my dreams since I last posted. He's got long platinum blond hair in many thin long braids, some of which are tied back, works out and is lean rather than bulky. His blue eyes are captivating. He's so pale that SPF 100 is required if he is to go outside. He's prone to skin issues

The dreams since I last posted are little consolation to the fact I have been enamored by this fever dream that is like a vision of a soul mate who mirrors me.

So I decided to transfer this figment of my tortured mind into a palpable Sim, a character I could control and give him some differences so I am not dealing with something that moves right when I move left

I might develop this into a story where he might be mistaken for a rare alien that abducts people. Bill, in his jealousy, would probably mistake Benny for a rare alien commonly found in Northern Europe (Nordic aliens, which resemble stereotypical pretty boy citizens in Northern Europe.).

I think this will be enough fodder for the story to take shape.

My explanation is needed because I normally do not make Sims based on people from dreams. Sometimes they'll be anime characters or parodies of famous ones, sometimes they'll be real people, be they my family or my stupid crushes. I never really make Sims of people or characters who left little to no impact.

May 12, 2018
Benny and "I" are getting along as house mates. At first, he came off as a creep sometimes, but he helped in the garden with weeding and watering while "I" harvested and evolved. The Humor and Hijinks festival came to town and we sided with Pranksters and Benny bought a Voodoo Doll. Although Benny and I were able to use the Bubble Blower, he kept coughing up bubbles while I blew them like a pro. Honestly, I go for men who choke on the bubble blower and I feel embarrassed for that.

Not only did I rearranged the bedrooms to accommodate their house mate status of acquaintances, I took out the king size bed and gave Kymchee (the self sim) a decent single bed and she adopted a pink hedgehog. Benny adopted a leukistic hedgehog (leukistic = lacking color, but not a true albino as leukistic animals exhibit yellow eyes\marking, particularly in reptiles) and Benny is supposed to be 6'6". (Note to self: Add height adjustment module to character creation mode in Project Rough Touch Mako.) For now, it's just a beginning of a new relationship.

I added 3 houses to the block where Kymchee and Benny live. Kymchee's ex-husband Bill is living next door with his co-workers, Neil and Michio. Kymchee doesn't mind Michio's cautious optimism but his pessimistic outlook on alien inquiry is disturbing when she saw the 2 minute short "Bambi VS Godzilla" and knows all too well just how hostile an alien armada can be against a planet without the proper weapon technology.

Two houses across the way from Kymchee's house and The Planetary Society's dormitory are currently empty. Eventually, Adam, Jamie, Grant and Tory will move into the neighborhood along with the Takenouchi Brothers, a parody antithesis to the Matsuno brothers as seen in Osomatsu-san. They have jobs, they have winning personalities, they live away from their parents. They're everything the Matsuno brothers aren't. If it was written in kanji, the "Take" in Takenouchi would be rendered with the kanji for bamboo in likewise as "Matsu" in Matsuno is rendered with the kanji for a variety of pine tree native to Japan.

Sometimes people who hear of my little worlds get a little jealous because of my imaginative thinking of ideas of a neighborhood where Rod Serling's voice should be heard over loud speakers as something strange is wrought by my hands at the keyboard and mouse.

Either way, I had plenty of time to develop worlds even as the school systems of the Seattle area attempted to crush every fiber possible of my being. Going to school in junior high, back during TS1, you could only imagine how many fires and drownings and starving terminations were implemented in game after rough days at the office.

In all honesty, I find a carthartic revelation of myself in these games. Benny Olsen, Kymchee's housemate was originally a dream guy I couldn't shake because I was trying to deal with my new responsibilities as an adult. My father thinks this guy is real and searching for me.

Maybe tomorrow will yield a bigger, more occupied neighborhood.

May 13, 2018
Well, Benny invited himself into the Planetary Society dorm and it was as if nothing big happened. (Bill was too busy with breakfast)

Down the street, the Takenouchi Brothers moved in...all septuplets with a pet cat.

More gardening has come and Benny and Kymchee shared their first kiss between them. Neil came over and noticed nothing beyond the ordinary. Not even when one of hedgehog habitrails blew up. I sold my surplus of vegetable produce for about a few thousand. Even though the process of growing plants started when Kymchee was married to Bill, her skills grew further after the divorce.

It has come to my conclusion Benny is becoming more close and he's not a submissive type of man who cowers when she swears, nor does he play a dominant role in the relationship by leading and Kymchee follows. He's even with Kymchee to the point they greet each other good evening after Benny comes home from his tech job with a kiss on the hands. Of course, he'll go on long jogs around Newcrest while Kymchee stays at home and gardens the two fields made from the side yards.

Kymchee might go on jogs with Benny, but taking care of one field until the plants die off is part of her duties at home along with caring for Lil Kymchee (the pink hedgehog in her room) and Big Ben (the leukistic hedgehog in Benny's room, who recently blew up his habitrail). The rodent habitrail is apparently one of the funniest buy\build items I have seen. I got postcards, the tiny rocket kills me, the nuclear blast was concerning but brought back the quirky nature of the Sims Series that was the reason I fell in love with this game...but when Big Ben was wanted by Don Landgraab's thug involving protection money, it was rather dark. In my family, a lot of us have senses of humor drier than any desert in the universe. But it seems weird to have that alert pop up in the upper right hand corner when playing.

Lab Assistant
#1865 Old 13th May 2018 at 11:41 PM
I took my cat to explore an alien world. He clearly wasn't impressed.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#1866 Old 14th May 2018 at 9:19 AM
Some screenshots of my... ahem...single sim file:

Lilly had gathered enough money to travel to Selvadorado. Finally there, first thing she did was checking out the local...drinks. Not the cute bartender because this is a single sim story!

She was so happy about all the tasty selvadoran (?)... culture that she even enjoyed cuddling with all the friendly spiders visiting her vacation home.

When Lilly had gotten poisoned while exploring, first person she thought about asking for an antidote was the bartender. Because..you know... antidote...drinks... one and the same.

...weird way to say 'thank you' though...

Aha, pregnant sims can get ill, too! (That was the whole reason I made her try for a baby. To see if it could stop the never ending jungle fevers )

Back at home, Lilly didn't know what to do.. she didn't have enough place to care for a hamster, let alone a baby. (The caption is in german,but it literally says that her flat is too chaotic for a baby and she can have her boy around if there's more space. never had that happen before!)

Conveniently, her selvadoran bartender decided to move into the same apartment complex and Killhorn, her son, is currently staying with him. She co-parents him and is still a single sim...kind of.

The picture that didn't fit the story but has to be shared:

Lilly casually enjoying getting slapped by the Grim Reaper. Everyone hates her, so she might as well be a masochist.
Scholar
#1867 Old 14th May 2018 at 9:05 PM
Hold up... the game wouldn't let her keep her baby because her apartment was too messy???
Forum Resident
#1868 Old 15th May 2018 at 8:48 PM
You weren't able to see him or interact with the baby, but he was still part of the household (you could see him on the family portrait). I just merged her household with the baby daddy household and transferred him there. If you translate the caption, it says:
"This lot is too messy. There is no place for Kilhorn. How sad! [As soon as] this house will be more inviting, maybe he will be able to move in correctly."
The maybe is quite funny here. For a new sim player, this might sound really frightening...pretty odd. It doesn't even say that this is about a space issue, so happy guessing if you don't get the concept of the baby being an object.
Mad Poster
#1869 Old 16th May 2018 at 8:51 PM
The story on the Takenouchi Brothers...

The Takenouchi Brothers were based on the Matsuno Brothers from Osomatsu-kun (A Showa era manga and anime about sextuplet brothers in grade school and the neighborhood they lived in where daily life happened in humorous fashion) and its recent revival, Osomatsu-san (which is more over the top as they are depicted in their 20s, but they are unemployed, virgins in almost any sense of the term and they have not the best personalities to attract women or if one brother does attract women, it becomes a struggle to have a healthy relationship.)

Now for the game...
I depicted the Takenouchi Brothers as fresh out of high school, taking advantage of the shredded school uniform from the Spooky Stuff Pack. Each went to a different school, but the house they live in looks lopsided (Did I mention architecture was my worst subject?) Well, with a little orange kitty with a stubby tail and wearing samurai armor, it's a full house of brothers with a little friend to come home to.

I gave them names corresponding to the rainbow in Japanese. Nokon (Indigo) is pretty much the type of person who keeps to himself, but as a Cat Lover, he opens up to Esper, the cat in samurai armor who lives with the guys. Either way, I have yet to give them jobs, but if I can get them a job where they leave for the day, I can fix their house. Note to self: Test Octagon Room Tool BEFORE attempting octagon house!

Scholar
#1870 Old 16th May 2018 at 11:45 PM
I am playing Henry, my favorite sim. That's him on the left, but that's also him on the right.

THe left version is the real version whereas the right version is the "alternate reality". In the alternate reality Henry grew up with a father *AND* a mother but in the real (adult) version, his mother died when he was 10, vastly affecting the outcome of his adult life. After the death of his mother, Henry became rebellious and was sent to military school for the duration of his childhood and teen years. Eventually, he married Jade Rosa and had 6 children with her. Alternate reality Henry grew up with his mother, and eventually a little sister joined the family. His first crush is with Elsa Bjergsen. Jade Rosa is married to someone else in Henry's world. (This is the story telling I like to do with my game.) I also played Henry when I played Sims 3 but he looked a bit different back then. Well similar but I needed CC sliders to have the same eyes.

Elsa is his best friend and first crush (Little Miss Sam's first crush mod)

Henry was finishing the "Social Butterfly" aspiration, which seems appropriate given he's an Insider sim. (Loves being in clubs surrounded by friends). He had to make 2 adult friends so I had him make friends with Norman Bates and Matt Lanter. What could go wrong?

Elsa and Henry spend a lot of time together. They enjoy play dates. One day, they'll be married.

In Henry's other life, he never had a sister. His mom died before she could ever be born. (Did you know the odds of YOU being born *YOU* are about 1 in 400 trillion yet here you are you miracle you) Adult Henry's father eventually had 2 more sons with other women, but he never had a sister.

With Amelia. I think Henry's parents will have one more baby...
Mad Poster
#1871 Old 18th May 2018 at 2:26 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 18th May 2018 at 2:39 AM.
The Takenouchi Brothers got jobs:

From eldest to baby
-Aka (Red) is in Politics fighting for the cause Simoleans for Everyone (Sounds like universal basic income)
-Daidai (Orange) is in Medical.
-Kii (Yellow) is in Entertainment.
-Midori (Green) is a Critic
-Ao (Blue) is a Secret Agent
-Nokon (Indigo) is a Writer
-Murasaki (Purple) is in Culinary

As it will take some time before they clear out, I take advantage of this time to plan my design of their new house. Only me and Esper, their cat will bear witness to the construction.

You know, in hindsight, naming them after colors is boring and unoriginal. I have yet to flip through a baby name list app for better names for these guys. The names are currently placeholders denoted by their hair color.

Further note: Each of the Takenouchi Brothers has a Matsuno Brothers counterpart... except Daidai. Daidai does not have a counterpart because there were SIX Matsuno brothers and there are SEVEN Takenouchi Brothers. Daidai's personality is that of an information sponge who usually studies to better his resume.

Scholar
#1872 Old 19th May 2018 at 5:08 PM
This is Hugh. He's Henry's father. In Adult Henry's world, Hugh is a ghost. Hugh was created AFTER Henry in CAS for story making purposes, and he lived with his son for some time before eventually passing away. Hugh had 3 sons, Henry, Atticus and Charlie. When Hugh's wife died, Henry was shipped off to military school, and they only saw each other once after graduation before parting ways. Eventually Hugh was briefly remarried, his wife was pregnant when he left (he did not know, that son was raised without a father) and he remarried as an elder to a Adult. That marriage produced Charlie. Hugh reconnected with Henry and tried to rebuild their fractured relationship. When Hugh died of old age, Adult Henry raised his little brother.

But in this alternate reality, Hugh is a healthy, fit, young adult and his wife is alive and well. She never died. Hugh is a food critic.

In fact, Pearl and Hugh were expecting their third and final child!

It's a baby boy named William.

So what I did, I originally created Henry as a young adult in CAS and played him to Adulthood, his father and brothers were created later in game in CAS. With this alternate reality, I rolled Henry's age back to toddler (I used the vanilla version of Henry in my library so he had no game reward traits or life experiences). I then brought his father in from the Library and rolled his age back to young adult and I then created Henry's mother.
Mad Poster
#1873 Old 20th May 2018 at 7:46 AM
Remember when I made the guys from Gundam Wing? I remade them, though not exactly as I originally made them. I made them more true to their characters in the show. I also had forgotten which clothes I originally used, but it came out much truer to the character design (The original household was wiped out after someone sent me on a wild goose chase and resulted in an emergency factory reset. Never tell me to "Google" something, I find it very rude. That person is on my short list.)

I decided to put my parents in my game and once again, my simself living at the house, was ultimately killed by starvation. Benny, my parents and my new version of my simself lost it when the old me died. They didn't know the old Kymchee and it was like the waterfalls of tears you usually see in anime.

I think that was weird watching that happen.

Scholar
#1874 Old 23rd May 2018 at 8:42 AM
Toddler Amelia aged to child. This is how she looked moments after aging up.

I'm scared too. I fixed her look. I mean, to go from innocent toddler to goth child is just too much.

Dad Hugh loves his kids. Henry is a chip of the old block (lol) and likes to have at least one matching outfit with his dad.

Baby William is a toddler now. He look's almost entirely like his dad, except for his chin. He's very independent but still a sweet boy.

Old man Hugh grew up to an adult! Did you know/notice that the waist of male sims widens when they hit adulthood? I'm not sure why that is a thing. Do adult human men experience this? He didn't GAIN WEIGHT. His hips/waist literally just got wider. Go ahead. Go check your male sims. Go into CAS and age them up and down and notice how the torso widens!

Anyway he looks ripped af and he had a little birthday woohoo so he's one happy sim. I dunno, I like treating my sims to birthday woohoo (male or female.) Seems like a nice thing to do if you're up for it. loool sorry
Mad Poster
#1875 Old 25th May 2018 at 7:54 PM
Moved my simself's parents out. Benny and my simself had their first time Woohooing together.

Not much happening aside from racking up 62 hours of play time total.

I also went through my screen shot album in Windows Explorer and deleted bad shots where I got awkward angles and weird faces. The screenshots go about a month or two back.

Page 75 of 104