Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 7:18 PM
Default How to hide objects in catalog
Hi

I would like to know how to hide objects in buy/build mode catalog.. I have many stores in my neighborood and it will make more sense if I can hide the items I sell in the buy catalog.. I know it's possible as a few creators have created hiders for some objects in game..

Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 10:32 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 11th Apr 2015 at 11:14 PM.
Do you mean Maxis objects or custom? In either case what you need to do is change the flag named "BuyBuild" in the COBJ to 0x00 -- in a custom object, you can do that in the COBJ of it directly (once for each colour variant), for Maxis objects you would need to make an override (i.e. export their COBJs into your own package and then change them). You need s4pe for that, link is in the sticky in Tools ("List of tools").

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Do you mean Maxis objects or custom? In either case what you need to do is change the flag named "BuyBuild" in the COBJ to 0x00 -- in a custom object, you can do that in the COBJ of it directly (once for each colour variant), for Maxis objects you would need to make an override (i.e. export their COBJs into your own package and then change them). You need s4pe for that, link is in the sticky in Tools ("List of tools").

It was mostly for custom objects so thank you for your reply, I will try with S4S
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 12:30 AM Last edited by mimi250 : 12th Apr 2015 at 12:52 AM.
Do you mean Maxis objects or custom? In either case what you need to do is change the flag named "BuyBuild" in the COBJ to 0x00.

Have I to write 0x00 or select "0" ? because I have the option to select 0, 1 or 2 or 3 and so on in the buybuildmode section

EDIT: I was using the wrong program (S4S).. I downloaded and installed S4pe. It's ok.. Thank for your help.

EDIT 2: I'm in the game and the object is always in the catalog while I had set Buybuildmode on false.. do you know where the problem is?
Alchemist
#5 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 1:38 AM
This is very easy to do using Sims 4 Studio. I wrote an illustrated tutorial showing how and posted it here: http://www.sims4studio.com/thread/1...-object-catalog. You're actually better off not using s4pe anymore if you can get the job done with some other tool. It is making items that are causing people's games to not load correctly and hasn't had any meaningful update for months except for the recent wrapper that Cmar made for CAS.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 9:36 AM
Thank you orangemittens
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#7 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 10:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by orangemittens
You're actually better off not using s4pe anymore if you can get the job done with some other tool. It is making items that are causing people's games to not load correctly and hasn't had any meaningful update for months except for the recent wrapper that Cmar made for CAS.

Can you name any *actual* issues that come from editing COBJ wirth s4pe? If yes, then please point out what they are -- if not, then please refrain from spreading wrong information just in order to advertise your tool. Thanks.

Quote: Originally posted by mimi250
EDIT 2: I'm in the game and the object is always in the catalog while I had set Buybuildmode on false.. do you know where the problem is?

That's hard to tell without looking at the package. Can you upload your edit and/or link to one od the items you are trying to edit? (I can only check out Base Game items though, don't have any EP/GSs)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 12:48 PM Last edited by mimi250 : 12th Apr 2015 at 1:03 PM.
Ok, I post pictures for you both, so you can understand what I've done with S4pe and with S4S (Click on the images for a better view)

1) With S4pe, I opened the COBJ and selected "false" in the Buildbuymode section.. See picture below (I know this procedure as i got used with it in TS3, so I don't think I did something wrong.. but the object is still in the game catalog).. maybe I have to change the Unknown3 line too (like with S4S) to be sure it will work

2) With S4S, from what I understood I have to change the last number in 0 on the unknown 3 line (see image below).. But I'm not sure If I can delete the resources after that, as Orangemittens said, because it's not a simple override of a game object, it's a custom content file

I used 2 different objects in every procedure as i didn't want to mess everything up.. I haven't tested yet for the second one in game as I don't know if I can delete all the resources of the CC item or not
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#9 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 1:20 PM
Which version of s4pe are you using there? And which wrappers? Asking because you have a lot more "Unknown" labels there than what I'm seeing (compare with the pics in this post to see what I mean) .. I can't tell whether that plays a role in the actual workingness of it, but you may want to try using 0.2d or later with Inge's wrappers from here: http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/3306/.

For me -- but I only have the Base Game -- editing the BuildBuy flag is enough to make objects not show up, but if you're asking specifically about retail objects those might very well be different in that regard. UnkCommon03 ("CatalogUnknown3" in your picture) does have something do to with that as well, so yeah try editing that too (set it to 0x81, see here ) -- it's entirely possible that for GtW this is also needed, or perhaps this changed with a patch at some point.

Unk03 -- I believe that's what shows for you as "Unknown3" -- is a placement flag (i.e. on what kind of surface objects can be placed), that's a different thing.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 1:51 PM
Which version of s4pe are you using there? And which wrappers? Asking because you have a lot more "Unknown" labels there than what I'm seeing (compare with the pics in this post to see what I mean) ...

I use the 0.3.b version (I think it's the last version as I downloaded it directly from the S4pe program link.. I'm trying again with a cc file to check if it works and will let you know

EDIT: I can see there are differents OCBJ files and I only modified one (I didn't see the other ones).. I'm trying again and I have great hope it will work this time
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#11 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 1:57 PM
EDIT: I can see there are differents OCBJ files and I only modified one (I didn't see the other ones).. I'm trying again and I have great hope it will work this time

Ah yes -- there's one COBJ *per colour variant*, you need to edit all of them, otherwise the remaining visible ones will keep dragging their colleagues up to the surface =).

And the labels you see depend on the wrappers, not on the exe itself. So I'd still recommend to use Inge's (the ones I linked above), just so you have more actual info in there and less "Unknown"s .. I don't think it matters technically in this case, but it's probably more convenient.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 2:16 PM Last edited by mimi250 : 12th Apr 2015 at 2:34 PM.
No, It doesn't work.. I'm in the game and the damned clock is still in the catalog.. So i'm going to try by setting the Buybuildmode sections on false AND by modifying the Unknown3.. let's hope it will work

EDIT: Nothing seems to work, really.. don't know what to do now.. What is the actual version of S4pe because I can"t find another one than the 0.3.b
Alchemist
#13 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 3:22 PM
Ok, I post pictures for you both, so you can understand what I've done with S4pe and with S4S (Click on the images for a better view)

1) With S4pe, I opened the COBJ and selected "false" in the Buildbuymode section.. See picture below (I know this procedure as i got used with it in TS3, so I don't think I did something wrong.. but the object is still in the game catalog).. maybe I have to change the Unknown3 line too (like with S4S) to be sure it will work

2) With S4S, from what I understood I have to change the last number in 0 on the unknown 3 line (see image below).. But I'm not sure If I can delete the resources after that, as Orangemittens said, because it's not a simple override of a game object, it's a custom content file

I used 2 different objects in every procedure as i didn't want to mess everything up.. I haven't tested yet for the second one in game as I don't know if I can delete all the resources of the CC item or not
Hi mimi250, that is the correct field in Sims 4 Studio to change. Since your object isn't an EA item you don't need to delete resources after changing that field. Just be sure to change each Object Catalog line in the same fashion and the item will no longer appear in the Object Catalog in the game. I apologize for the confusion and will update the tutorial to include this information.

plasticbox, I've seen numerous examples of items that s4pe has a tough time with. The one SimGuruModSquad posted in their documentation is such a .package. Opening that .package in s4pe and saving it results in breakage of the .package - you don't need to make any edit at all. Prior to the patch it would result in an error message when the game was started. After the patch it causes the game to simply fail to run. I believe Fogity had the same result when he tested this .package awhile back in conjunction with an inquiry about merging .packages using s4pe.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#14 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 9:43 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 12th Apr 2015 at 9:58 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by orangemittens
Opening that .package in s4pe and saving it results in breakage of the .package - you don't need to make any edit at all.

That's got something to do with that package though, not with s4pe. I can repro what you describe when I just open and save it, no matter what it contains (so I don't see how there's any relation to COBJ editing here), but copying everything into a new package (one that I create in s4pe from scratch, I mean) and saving that works fine.

Since the OP didn't mention anything about their game not starting, I don't think this is relevant here though.