Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Dec 2016 at 1:30 PM
Default Making books available for purchase at bookcase
First time modder here... I'm trying to make three books from buydebug available ingame with Sims4studio. So far I managed to bring them into the game following the tutorial, but the finished books only show up in the normal objects catalogue, not when clicking the bookcase. There doesn't seem to be a tag to tell the book that it is a book and not a bookcase (that's the category I put the books for now, the sims need to look in the bookcases section to buy the unhidden books). What am I missing here?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Dec 2016 at 12:11 AM
Default New book
Quote: Originally posted by Enki
First time modder here... I'm trying to make three books from buydebug available ingame with Sims4studio. So far I managed to bring them into the game following the tutorial, but the finished books only show up in the normal objects catalogue, not when clicking the bookcase. There doesn't seem to be a tag to tell the book that it is a book and not a bookcase (that's the category I put the books for now, the sims need to look in the bookcases section to buy the unhidden books). What am I missing here?

I think you need to change the tuning of the object to a book. I cloned one to see if there was book tuning and got book_FlirtyLow, so I think you just need to clone a copy of a book in the desired genre and add that tuning.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Dec 2016 at 3:17 AM Last edited by Enki : 23rd Dec 2016 at 3:42 AM.
Thank you for answering!
My book from debug has bookGENCraftSad_followed by a long number for it's tuning.
Anyway I cloned a standard children's book ("Hunt for the four colored rainbow") and copied it's object tuning, then I pasted that text into that same line of my freed debug book. Was that correct or should I have done something with the tuning ID, too?
I also added the tag Genre_Book_Childrens to the tags. There's a Func_Book tag already there
Stupid book still doesn't want into the bookshelf.

Edit: Just noticed I can copy the book, so it seems to believe it is written by a sim. Though I definitely deleted the "Func_Book_playercreated" function. I think I'll just leave my new books in the study category for now and learn how to use Sims4Studio for real after the holidays instead of blundering around. Replacing the ingame book names and descriptions in Sim4PE was sure easier than real modding
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Dec 2016 at 4:47 AM
Default tuning
Quote: Originally posted by Enki
Thank you for answering!
My book from debug has bookGENCraftSad_followed by a long number for it's tuning.
Anyway I cloned a standard children's book ("Hunt for the four colored rainbow") and copied it's object tuning, then I pasted that text into that same line of my freed debug book. Was that correct or should I have done something with the tuning ID, too?
I also added the tag Genre_Book_Childrens to the tags. There's a Func_Book tag already there
Stupid book still doesn't want into the bookshelf.

Edit: Just noticed I can copy the book, so it seems to believe it is written by a sim. Though I definitely deleted the "Func_Book_playercreated" function. I think I'll just leave my new books in the study category for now and learn how to use Sims4Studio for real after the holidays instead of blundering around. Replacing the ingame book names and descriptions in Sim4PE was sure easier than real modding

Yes you should also add the tuningid from your cloned book to the book you are working on.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Dec 2016 at 6:46 PM
I've done this with some magazines I was/am working on.
You don't need to touch the tuning.
You need to alter the DevCategoryFlags entry, found in the Object Catalog, to 00000090. That appears to flag the book for purchase from a bookcase. It will show up under whatever genre you have selected in the Tags section of the Object Catalog.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 31st Jan 2022 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I've done this with some magazines I was/am working on.
You don't need to touch the tuning.
You need to alter the DevCategoryFlags entry, found in the Object Catalog, to 00000090. That appears to flag the book for purchase from a bookcase. It will show up under whatever genre you have selected in the Tags section of the Object Catalog.

Books don't seem to have any Tags in the Tag section of the Object Catalog to indicate that they are even entertainment, let alone books or a specific genre :-(
Mad Poster
#7 Old 31st Jan 2022 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Scipio Garling
Books don't seem to have any Tags in the Tag section of the Object Catalog to indicate that they are even entertainment, let alone books or a specific genre :-(

You need to check the Tags in the Warehouse section of the Object Catalog, not the Tags section on the main Studio screen with the 3D model view.

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 7th Feb 2022 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
You need to check the Tags in the Warehouse section of the Object Catalog, not the Tags section on the main Studio screen with the 3D model view.

!!! Thank you. That's just the piece of information I needed. That's giving me the ability to add Genres to books! This should allow me to add genres to clones of emotional books. Now, if I can follow you other piece of advice and alter the DevCategoryFlags entry so that clones of the Sim-written books can be purchased at the bookcases, then I think that will me the ability to do the same for Confident and Sad books (the two emotions missing from the Pre-made books).
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 7th Feb 2022 at 3:30 AM
I'm encouraged by my success based on your advice so far, Menaceman44, thank you. But I have had no luck with changing the DevCategoryFlags entry so as to make the Sim-written books (neither the Emotional books nor Manuals) purchasable via bookcase. Those books are already tagged as 00000090 so that's not it; I tried 000000B0 as suggested on another thread, but that didn't work either. Any more clues?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 7th Feb 2022 at 2:24 PM
Do they have a price set? If they cost nothing I don't think they will show up. That's the first thing I can think of off the top of my head.