Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 MTS Calendar Contest - posted on 12th Nov 2017 at 8:48 PM
Replies: 130 (Who?), Viewed: 11145 times.
Page 6 of 6
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 3:21 PM
Playing until my laptop overheats and shuts off in a moment of self-preservation.
Lab Assistant
#127 Old Yesterday at 7:26 AM
I'm a perfectionist so I have a lot of bad habits where I must tweak and restart things because nothing is good enough. My worse is how much I remodel Sims. I remodel them to death, literally. I have a lot of spooky and undead Sims.

I talk to myself but no one answers ;_;
Field Researcher
#128 Old Yesterday at 9:14 AM
my inability to see things through, for sure. i barely ever get to the second generation and i'm extremely prone to abandoning projects.

simblr: ribbonistasims
Instructor
#129 Old Yesterday at 4:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by floopyboo
Playing until my laptop overheats and shuts off in a moment of self-preservation.

I have a "gaming laptop". That means it gets so hot the plastic gets soft, the screws holding it together strip out of the plastic threads, the plastic over the heat vent gets brittle and breaks off, my fingers get toasted when I have to plug it in because the socket on the computer is right next to the now exposed heat exchange, and I have to patch it back together with high temp epoxy and a special kind of Duck tape.

This only happens when I play sims 3.

But it doesn't shut down in the middle of my game, so it's good.
Field Researcher
#130 Old Yesterday at 5:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett Brown
I have a "gaming laptop". That means it gets so hot the plastic gets soft, the screws holding it together strip out of the plastic threads, the plastic over the heat vent gets brittle and breaks off, my fingers get toasted when I have to plug it in because the socket on the computer is right next to the now exposed heat exchange, and I have to patch it back together with high temp epoxy and a special kind of Duck tape.

duude i have a regular laptop and i've never even come close to that, shouldn't a gaming laptop be better at handling heavier stuff?? that can't possibly be normal, it sounds dangerous to boost haha D:

simblr: ribbonistasims
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#131 Old Yesterday at 6:24 PM
My laptop's 5 and a bit years old and it's never even gotten close to dangerously hot when playing TS3 on it. Then again, I've probably only played TS3 on it for about 20 hours. My PC runs TS3 blindfolded with two fingers up its nose and its hands tied behind its back while suspended upside down from the ceiling (I know, kinky right) and it doesn't even come close to anything like that.
Still, TS3 manages to eat up most of the 8 gigabytes of VRAM it has and when it's hot outside it turns into a big jet engine too.

Overlord of Plumbit, the subreddit for the serious Simmer.
We're constructive, creative and drama-free™.

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Page 6 of 6