Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 7:16 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
sims 3 CAW Egypt
I'll just get straight to the point

I'm using CAW and I would like to create an Ancient Egyptian world, what map should I use?
I see that Ahlaam21 once started one
do any of you know/can tell what map is used? I'd ask myself but it appears he/she is no longer active here.

help desparetly appreciated

a link to Ahlaam 21's arma project thread:http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...5#startcomments
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 7:30 PM
You might want to make your own height map. I haven't used CAW in a long time, but I do remember that you can import height maps. They need to be 16-bit png

If you get an actual topographical map you can make a height map from it and modify it from there

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 3:02 AM
ok I got pretty far just by using a large blank map and hours (not kidding fro, 5:30 to 10) terrain sculpting.

Next question how would I create a river like that? valley sculpting tool or river as an object?
Site Helper
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 9:09 PM
I have no idea. You have now gotten farther with CAW than I have been able to with my under-spec computer. I take so long between using a control and seeing a result that when I was laying out a road system on a blank map it looked like I had been playing pick-up sticks.

My guess would be sculpting, although you could try seeing what it looks like if you use a river object. Or maybe a combination of both.
But this is starting to look like it belongs in Creator Feedback. (Or maybe [shameless plug] the Worlds in Progress section at Custom Sims 3. [/shameless plug] )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 4:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I have no idea. You have now gotten farther with CAW than I have been able to with my under-spec computer. I take so long between using a control and seeing a result that when I was laying out a road system on a blank map it looked like I had been playing pick-up sticks.

My guess would be sculpting, although you could try seeing what it looks like if you use a river object. Or maybe a combination of both.
But this is starting to look like it belongs in Creator Feedback. (Or maybe [shameless plug] the Worlds in Progress section at Custom Sims 3. [/shameless plug] )

thanks, I found the sculpt works best

and yes eventually I will start in the feedback...but right I'm still just figuring how things work. When the *actual building* begins I'll go to feedback.