Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 2:16 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Pets, Supernatural, University Life
Default Thumbnail problems
I successfully created my own world finally lol but when I try to export it i ran into a thumbnail issue. The image is supposed to be png 256x256 and a 24 bit color or something. I cannot figure out how to take an image and make it meet the requirements for using it as a caw thumbnail. Anyone know what might help??? Thanks!!!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 6:08 PM
I would just recommend making your own in paint or "Gimp" which is what I use. Make it simple if you don't plan on sharing it. Mine are typically just a flat colored squares with the name of the world on it.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 7:47 AM
The last post on the page I'm linking to (at Carl's TS3 site), by havanamail includes a PNG.rar file to download. I checked it out and the file includes 15 lovely thumbnails in the correct file size (1 is repeated, so you get 14 different PNG images). These are the nicest themed thumbnails I've come across.

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/f...hp?topic=6988.0

The download file is below/under the deviant art link.
Site Helper
#4 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 1:25 PM
If you have any experience with a graphics editor at all, it's not too hard to take a picture you like, crop a square out of it in an appropriate spot so that it looks good, then resize that to 256x256 and then save it as a 24-bit png. (You need to be sure it's saving as 24-bit, and some editors don't handle it. If the one you are most familiar with doesn't handle it, save as bmp in the one which you know, then open one that handles 24-bit png, open your saved bmp in that program, then do a "Save As." Then be sure to select the png rather than the bmp when you are choosing the thumbnail.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook