Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 1:39 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default My Game is crashing in CAS with custom Content
OK hopefully someone can help (and I hope I am in the right place). I play the sims 3 on my MacBook Pro, the game itself runs perfect even with the sims 3 store content, it runs fast, it runs just as good as it does on windows computers, until it comes to custom content. So I have a bunch of cc about 4GB, Every-time it is in my game when I am in CAS and the cc more specifically the clothing tab is loading, the game crashes. I have gone through all the single files to find out if maybe it was a bad cc, I also have merged files which is 5 package files, I can put max any 2 files in the game and it will load just fine without crashing, so there is nothing wrong with the actual cc, I am just wondering if there is anyway to fix this to stop this from happening

Thanks in advance for any help.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 5:32 PM
We can't be certain of course, but unfortunately there is probably no fix. No matter how well the Mac version of the game was working for you before you added in the CC, it's still the case that it has a RAM limit of 2 GB that was lifted for the Windows users a very long time ago, back with Patch 1.17. There is no way to increase the amount of RAM that the Mac version can utilize before it crashes, Error12s upon trying to save, or otherwise loses its mind no matter how much RAM the player actually has installed. TS3 is the only iteration of the game for which EA did not do a proper port into OS X and instead arranged the game (badly) inside of a Cider wrapper to emulate some aspects of Win XP and it must run inside of that shell. This kind of thing is the result. It sounds like your CC collection is what's tipping the scale over the limit here.

Many of us lost patience with the Mac version of the game long ago, Bootcamped Windows onto our Macs, and play the Windows version of the game that way instead.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 6:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
We can't be certain of course, but unfortunately there is probably no fix. No matter how well the Mac version of the game was working for you before you added in the CC, it's still the case that it has a RAM limit of 2 GB that was lifted for the Windows users a very long time ago, back with Patch 1.17. There is no way to increase the amount of RAM that the Mac version can utilize before it crashes, Error12s upon trying to save, or otherwise loses its mind no matter how much RAM the player actually has installed. TS3 is the only iteration of the game for which EA did not do a proper port into OS X and instead arranged the game (badly) inside of a Cider wrapper to emulate some aspects of Win XP and it must run inside of that shell. This kind of thing is the result. It sounds like your CC collection is what's tipping the scale over the limit here.

Many of us lost patience with the Mac version of the game long ago, Bootcamped Windows onto our Macs, and play the Windows version of the game that way instead.

Thanks for that information, I will just try and get my windows computer to run it again but I appreciate you taking the time to write out the above