Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 5:08 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default No Mods folder
hello! so a while ago around the end of December or November, my computer decided to die on me. So now I have a new computer and i'm trying to put mods on my new pc for the sims. went to the folders as usual but theres no mods folder. Of course went to google to see if anyone else had this issue and a lot of people said just make one. So I did that. Started my game and everything I put in the mods folder I made is not in the game at all. Can someone help me find out what I might have done wrong? I thought the mods folder was supposed to automatically be in the sims 3 folder but its not.

Please help and thanks in advance
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 5:27 PM Last edited by igazor : 21st Feb 2018 at 5:46 PM.
No, the game folder spawned from the first launch does not include a Mods folder. This is player-added content. There also need to be two subfolders inside nested properly and a required file called Resource.cfg that makes it all work. We refer to the entire thing (not that it's really all that much) as "the Framework" and it's downloadable here:
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files

This one comes with two small sample mods, NoIntro and NoBuildSparkles, so you can tell that it's working. You can keep or delete the sample mods as you wish after testing. Any additional mods or package based content you wish to add goes into Packages. Or into a subfolder in Packages, they can go up to five deep.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
No, the game folder spawned from the first launch does not include a Mods folder. This is player-added content. There also needs to be two subfolders inside nested properly and a required file called Resource.cfg that makes it all work. We refer to the entire thing (not that it's really all that much) as "the Framework" and it's downloadable here:
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files

This one comes with two small sample mods, NoIntro and NoBuildSparkles, so you can tell that it's working. You can keep or delete the sample mods as you wish after testing. Any additional mods or package based content you wish to add goes into Packages. Or into a subfolder in Packages, they can go up to five deep.

yaaaaaaayyyy!! thank you so much! :D