Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 10:11 PM Last edited by ioscream : 16th Dec 2009 at 11:28 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations
Default New Patch Problems.
I figured I would create this thread so the CAW thread wouldn't be completly hi-jacked.

What I have installed:
Base game (patched) 1.8
WA (patched)
Only big game mod is AwesomeMod

What I did before patch install:
Backed up my My Docs../Electronic.../Sims 3/ folder
Moved ALL mods including resource.cfg and hack framework OUT of the game

Problems I've noticed:
Game launches fine with no CC
AwesomeMod currently causes my game to crash to desktop
Removed AwesomeMod, all CC EXCEPT Buy Mode (furniture and the likes) show up as usual.
Riverview doesn't appear.

Current Synopsis:

.sims3package files are borked. It's possible to extract the .package from them and get them to work. Currently trying to figure out how to RECOVER already installed CC that is .sims3package
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 10:15 PM
The general opinion on various sites is to hold off installing either the patch or the CaW as there seems to be issues with them.

It has been reported on several sites that installing the patch prevents any Custom Content from showing up, unless it is directly downloaded (and paid for in the case of The Store) from EA. This includes both .package and .sims2pack files.

Early suggestions speculate that EA is attempting to prevent people using any CC other than what you can buy in the store!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 10:18 PM
Yeah, I realize it's an EA problem. Just figured we could use this thread to list all of the problems with the new patch as a "fair warning" for people who want to use the CAW and the most recent patch.
Instructor
#4 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 10:24 PM
Its not a EA problem, you see the patch does exactly what they wanted ... make (relative) sure ALL Sim3Pack files originate from EA itself, this just gives then more control over the custom content as they really never given a damn about the community ... you want more stuff for your game? fork over money for Sim Points.

Does not affect MTS due to its "package only" policy as it certainly affects others, like The Sim Resource were several downloads will now cease to function.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 10:33 PM
Well, you would think the "community" is what keeps this game alive. I mean they even did a camp for some of the modders of TS2 prior to the release of TS3.. the fact that only Buy Mode objects are missing seems that it COULD be a bug from the new store "feature". Though, I guess we'll see.
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 10:33 PM
The fuck is that?

Why are they suddenly blocking everything CC?

Do they want the whole franchise to DIE?
What makes the sims interesting IS CC !!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#7 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 10:33 PM
I have the patch, and CAW and all my CC whether in mods/packages, Sims3Pack or from the Store shows up fine. I obviously moved out AM and any other scripting mod before installing the patch, just like everyone always should.

Remember you need to patch both basegame and WA if you have WA!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I have the patch, and CAW and all my CC whether in mods/packages, Sims3Pack or from the Store shows up fine. I obviously moved out AM and any other scripting mod before installing the patch, just like everyone always should.

Remember you need to patch both basegame and WA if you have WA!

Check your Buy Mode stuff, and let me know. I have a few beds, couches, stoves, etc that no longer work. And of course I moved everything out prior to the patch.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TickleOnTheTum
Early suggestions speculate that EA is attempting to prevent people using any CC other than what you can buy in the store!

By suggestions, you mean conspiracy theories? :p

It's a bit too late to be marginalising modders now.
Instructor
#10 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 10:38 PM
MATY

Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
Okay, so I found out what happened to all the .Sims3packs. The EA launcher, and the game itself, no longer correctly reads them. Anyone, most noteably TSR, who relies on them, is now fucked. A workaround exists, but it involves DARK SORCERY and ELDRITCH ABOMINATIONS, so that's right out for TSR. But I fixed it.

I still say its a EA plot ...
Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 10:41 PM
Well, I Guess corporate greed knows no bounds and many of the CC stuff is better than their Store stuff. IMHO the EA Store shouldn't have been for simple stuff the Community can make but for stuff like hot tubs,Christmas trees that Summon Santa,Spiral Stair cases and Telescopes that attract aliens.
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 10:41 PM
My game appeared fine, all CC in place and no crashes.. haven't tested everything yet or tried saving but it opens and its fast.

I dón't have awesome mod or any mods of equal size; mostly just hair/clothing CC and slider hacks, not a whole lot. All of it appears working but either I'm lucky or haven't found out the problems yet.

(most of my games patchings are ok, only 1.6 was a bit of horror but all fixed as well)
Instructor
#13 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 10:42 PM
Well I am not too sure, they ARE complete and utter stupid so its possible they actually broke it and make it work much better of then by a complete accident.

Even a broken clock is right twice per day.
Banned
#14 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by channTL
By suggestions, you mean conspiracy theories? :p

It's a bit too late to be marginalising modders now.

Of course conspiracy theories. THe patch has existed for half a second and immediately the slightest problem is met with "Obviously EA is a vile monster because I have taught myself to immediately assume this in all situations!"

Just give it time, my god, people. Spoilers: Custom content that isn't EA made is, uh, gonna hit a few bumps. Like, with every patch. A problem does not mean EA is messing up your pots and pans.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 10:53 PM
Question, do we have to patch the game do play CAW?

This is pretty frustrating I want to hold off calling this a conspiracy because, I think EA enjoys having customers, but as far as most CC disappearing or becoming useless, should that have been the first thing they tested before releasing it? You know take a pool of simmers have them test it out with their various content and then release like MTS does?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mordiana
My game appeared fine, all CC in place and no crashes.. haven't tested everything yet or tried saving but it opens and its fast.

I dón't have awesome mod or any mods of equal size; mostly just hair/clothing CC and slider hacks, not a whole lot. All of it appears working but either I'm lucky or haven't found out the problems yet.

(most of my games patchings are ok, only 1.6 was a bit of horror but all fixed as well)

Again, I have no problems with hair/sliders etc, but none of my furniture appears.
Instructor
#17 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 11:05 PM
Here is a refresher course.

.package work (unless there is a conflict, same old ... same old).
.Sims3pack content MAY or MAY NOT WORK (and THIS is new).

I clearly not a EA apologist as some here, point is suddenly Workshop created items ceased to work after the patch, not all stop to work (EA stuff works, some TSR stuff works) but other ceased to work (TSR stuff, random creators that use Sims3pack).
transmogrified
retired moderator
#18 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 11:13 PM
After the "OMG! .package cc is eeevil!" hysteria that followed the release of WA/patch 1.7, I find it kind of funny that EA is now screwing with the other white meat. Karma rules!

Please keep in mind that anything posted regarding patch problems in Discussion is strictly anecdotal. Real problems with the patch -- problems for which you are seeking a solution -- belong in Game Help. If this turns into a very messy help thread, it will be mocked and locked.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
After the "OMG! .package cc is eeevil!" hysteria that followed the release of WA/patch 1.7, I find it kind of funny that EA is now screwing with the other white meat. Karma rules!

Please keep in mind that anything posted regarding patch problems in Discussion is strictly anecdotal. Real problems with the patch -- problems for which you are seeking a solution -- belong in Game Help. If this turns into a very messy help thread, it will be mocked and locked.

I'm not looking for help, infact I'm searching for solutions on my own. So far I'm able to get back my CC that was missing, but with other very ODD behavior.
Inventor
#20 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Claeric
Of course conspiracy theories. THe patch has existed for half a second and immediately the slightest problem is met with "Obviously EA is a vile monster because I have taught myself to immediately assume this in all situations!"

Just give it time, my god, people. Spoilers: Custom content that isn't EA made is, uh, gonna hit a few bumps. Like, with every patch. A problem does not mean EA is messing up your pots and pans.

and stealthing into your houses as you sleep to hide your car keys and cell phones and move the couch so you trip over it in the dark.
Test Subject
#21 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 11:46 PM
i'm trying to patch my game so i can use CAW but it says i have an invalid file
i also tried to start the game and no matter how manny times i click the play button the game wont start and i'm very frustrated!!!

Trying to think of something to upload.....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sims3gamer
i'm trying to patch my game so i can use CAW but it says i have an invalid file
i also tried to start the game and no matter how manny times i click the play button the game wont start and i'm very frustrated!!!

If you are using any mods you need to remove them.. including the hack framework which is in your base game directory Game/Bin/d3dx9_31.dll

Before patching I removed the resource.cfg and the ENTIRED Mods folder.. just cut them out of there and place them out of the directory. Try again. If you are using any cracks, then you won't be able to patch unless you have the original files.
Test Subject
#23 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 11:51 PM
All of my mods except Awesomemod have absolutely no problems.

Awesomemod will need to be updated for the patch in order to keep working, I'm guessing.

But other than that, every thing else seems fine so far.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FadeWolf
All of my mods except Awesomemod have absolutely no problems.

Awesomemod will need to be updated for the patch in order to keep working, I'm guessing.

But other than that, every thing else seems fine so far.

AwesomeMod has been updated. Check the site ( http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,15185.0.html ). Still working on getting my CC that was in .sims3package format.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#25 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FadeWolf
That is a given. The test version is already out. Sims3pack installed downloads, on the other hand, behave unpredictably and may not even install at all. I don't think this is actually an intentional outcome on EA's part, but it's definitely interesting. On the other hand, TSR is hosed, so I like this plan.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Locked thread | Locked by: Canoodle Reason: Not informative and no help was asked. Please read the stickies.
Page 1 of 3