Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#126 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 2:28 PM
@Xirian,
if you have dual-GPU, the deviceconfig.log report is no longer accurate. Just go by the Nvidia Control Panel's report when you have the game running. If that panel shows TS3W is using Nvidia, then you're good to go. You can safely ignore whatever the deviceconfig.log claims.

@HeyWaitUp,
Yes.
As explained in the Wiki. You have read it, right?

@Sinead19,
you feel the texture memory setting is wrong? What is the expected value? Based on...?
--
Patch 1.67 has the device id 0x6798 listed (first line under ATI). Why did you feel that you have to add that in? Even your DeviceConfig.log shows that the card is found, albeit with that wrong texture memory value (if it should be more). Perhaps all the edits have messed things up. Restore the original, remove the DeviceConfig.log and Options.ini files and start the game. Is it showing the correct value, now?

On perusing the GraphicsRules file, <<override>> means that the card was not found, but then there's also [Found: 1, Matched: 1]. So, this is a mess.
On further analyzing your DxDiag report, it shows the Device driver has not been updated since Jul, 2012! So, first order of business is
- update device driver
- undo your SGR edits by restoring the original files.

IF after these 2 steps, things are still screwy, all I can deduce at this point is that the patching didn't go well. So time for "last resort" steps: uninstalling base game and then repatching to 1.67 via Superpatcher (that is redownloaded is best, in case the Superpatcher.exe itself causes the screwy SGR files to be transferred).

@gamersfm,
Quote: Originally posted by gamersfm
card 0df4 "GeForce GT 540M"
Might be because it is missing the "0x". As I don't have a "GTX 580", I don't really know the impact of what excluding this bit has on the game, really. But I would add it to test the theory that it should at least be similar to all the other entries.
Should be
Quote:
card 0x0df4 "GeForce GT 540M"

You didn't which posts in particular or even what sort of problems you encountered...do you mean the blank deviceconfig.log file?
The laptop is also equipped with dual-GPUs? Then the same thing about it being safe to ignore the deviceconfig.log I mentioned above applies.

What CPU does your XPS 502X laptop come with? An i3 or i5 or i7? At what clock speed? All my web searches return a CPU clocked lower than 2.4GHz (in either i5 or i7 flavors), which is the MINIMUM recommended. With a weak GPU, ideally the CPU should be greater than 2.4GHz.
Based on the GPU alone, you do realize what sort of performance to expect when running Sims 3, yes? Based on our Wiki SysReq chart, the 450M is not expected to perform well for packs after Generations EP, going by how badly its reported for the Desktop models. Regardless of how it performs in other games; Sims have always performed differently than First-Person-Shooter/Swordfight games.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#127 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 6:07 PM Last edited by ellacharmed : 3rd Feb 2014 at 8:28 AM. Reason: added spoiler tags
Hello! I'm a bit new here.. So I'm not sure if I'm asking this in the right area and stuff, but I hope someone can help me, 'cause it's getting really frustrating.

I can't remember very well but once I installed new drivers from nvidia, I thought it was something with "Game Ready" and after that I wanted to play the Sims 3. It was starting up fine, not laggy or slow, but after a few minutes the screen would go black and the computer would reboot. So, I uninstalled The Sims 3, and tried again, still same problem.. Installed new drivers, still same problem. Cleaned the pc, still same problem.. But after a few months I wanted to try playing the Sims 3 again so I think I have reinstalled it again, and then the message pops up; "We can't find your video card in our database..." And again, it would crash and reboot after playing a few minutes. Then I found that tutorial on how to get the game to recognize your graphics card and I tried it but it still didn't help, but it also could be I did something wrong because it was a bit difficult for me.

1. The game's patch version is: 1.0.631
2. I don't have dual GPU'S.. well atleast I don't think so, I'm not sure though.. I'm quite a noob with this kind of things XD
3. //
4. This is what it says in my dxdiag.txt file:

Also, that requirements list says that my card is supported.. And I don't know how I should change the stuff in the GraphicsCards.sgr and GraphicsRules.sgr >_<
And I'm not sure if I have to include this but in the DeviceConfig.log it says:
=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): NVIDIA GeForce GT 440
Name (database): NVIDIA GeForce GT 440 [Found: 0, Matched: 0]
Vendor: NVIDIA
Chipset: Vendor: 10de, Device: 0dc0, Board: 23121462, Chipset: 00a1
Driver: nvd3dum.dll, Version: 9.18.13.2723, GUID: D7B71E3E-4E80-11CF-717D-1F031CC2C435
Driver version: 2723
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY4
Texture memory: 32MB <<OVERRIDE>>
Vertex program: 3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Hardware TnL: 1
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 8:50 PM Last edited by Sinead19 : 2nd Feb 2014 at 9:15 PM.
Sorry Ella, i wasn't sure if i had too much info, or not enough.

My PC was built April 2013, and my partner had to re-install Windows 7 Oct last year, all drivers are up to date. He doubled checked this for me. So i don't know why it has 2012.

I believe the patch has screwed things over with my files, because after restoring the originals, the device config shows the same thing. The only difference with the GraphicsRule file is the line "match...7900" isn't there but the "HD 7???" one is.
I will do a uninstall and re-install of ts3 and then redownload the super patch for 1.67

It was also based on my previous card on my old PC having a texture memory value in the device config of 3776 MB.

Thankyou for your help and your reply

"Real stupidity beats artifical intelligence everytime" -Terry Pratchett
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#129 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 8:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xLaureen
1. The game's patch version is: 1.0.631

Also, that requirements list says that my card is supported..
May I know why you haven't updated? And SysReq shows the GPU model is only supported for the unpatched base game.

Running a retail game means that you cannot have any mods as there are none right now that supports that version anymore. And it is really not advisable to run the game vanilla at this point, there are just too many bugs. So, I guess you're facing a catch-22 situation. Not update and have more bugs than necessary, some of which are game-breaking; or update and have the patch be too powerful for your system. You might be able to compensate for the weak GPU if the CPU is powerful enough and the system has enough RAM as the recommended amount; but I cannot say until I see the Full DxDiag report. But as most times, GPU and CPU performance are kinda matched to each other's caliber, I hardly doubt this.

@Sinead19,
has your partner check for driver updates this week or only when the OS was installed? Or, since you started having issues? Not going by Windows Updates, right? You visited AMD's website yourself and download the latest that is offered?
Yes, you're right the graphicsrule file do not have a specific entry for "HD 79??", EA has lump them all together under "HD 7??0*". You can separate them out yourself if you know what you're doing...put the "HD 79??" under uber and move the "HD 7??0*" to high.
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 12:15 PM
We checked them last week through the device manager and the AMD website, and both say they are up to date (we were checking because of other games we have). We had major issues on my pc in oct with windows updates somehow being tampered with through game booster switching off processes, and we thought my card had died for a while there, so we did a fresh reinstall of windows and found that my card was fine, just my ts3 wasn't reading my card anymore!

I will make a copy of the graphics rule sgr file and try that before work Thursday, along with reinstalling the base! Thankyou.

In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#131 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 3:31 PM
If you have issues with driver updates not "sticking" you can start your own help thread, as that issue is a tad out of scope of this one. If you need further help, that is.

What is the AMD Catalyst version that is showing up in Control Panel? Should be 13.12 if it is the latest. If Control Panel is showing this version but DxDiag is showing a driver date of 2012, that is a big concern.
Can you run other games or watch HD movies without issues?
Test Subject
#132 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 3:55 PM Last edited by ellacharmed : 3rd Feb 2014 at 5:01 PM. Reason: added spoiler tags
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
May I know why you haven't updated? And SysReq shows the GPU model is only supported for the unpatched base game.

Running a retail game means that you cannot have any mods as there are none right now that supports that version anymore. And it is really not advisable to run the game vanilla at this point, there are just too many bugs. So, I guess you're facing a catch-22 situation. Not update and have more bugs than necessary, some of which are game-breaking; or update and have the patch be too powerful for your system. You might be able to compensate for the weak GPU if the CPU is powerful enough and the system has enough RAM as the recommended amount; but I cannot say until I see the Full DxDiag report. But as most times, GPU and CPU performance are kinda matched to each other's caliber, I hardly doubt this.

I have updated it now to
It's a bit weird because at first before I updated my nvidia drivers, it was always working good,no bugs or lag.. >_< So are you saying I can't really play it on this pc?
Anyways, I'll give you the

[mod edit]summary for my sake ~ella
CPU: Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1065T Processor (6 CPUs), ~2.9GHz
RAM: Memory: 6144MB RAM
GPU: Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 440
[/mod edit]
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#133 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xLaureen
I have updated it now to
Updated it to...??

Update Nvidia drivers by downloading from HP or Nvidia site?

I've always hated that the PC manufacturers tend to do this. Spoil a good CPU+RAM combo with a subpar GPU to save costs.
With that CPU+RAM combo, you're actually meeting requirements if we exclude the GPU. You can still play, with reduced settings; but I don't know how long that GPU can last if push beyond its limits constantly, even on lowered graphical options. As it all depends on how often you play in a week, how long each play session is, how your gameplay style is (lots of CC and high settings?), if you play Full or windowed mode, and etc etc. On the one hand, I don't want to be an alarmist, but on another I don't want to give you false hope.

You might want to start thinking of upgrading options for the GPU, if you play Sims 3 for long periods each time or everyday. However, if this is your PC, than your upgrade options are also limited, as that motherboard only have a single slot lane for the GPU. And you're back to square one as there's only so much a GT x50 of the same single-slot caliber can deliver, relative to a full gaming dual-slot GTX x60 - x80 (the ones that statistically have Green YESes for the whole row). The current generation of Nvidia GPUs at the moment have a first digit of "7". If you want to upgrade, or explore options, or get opinions, post a separate thread in the Computer & Software Help.

Some more FAQs if you haven't read them yet.
- Game Help:Improving Sims 3 Performancewiki
- Game Help:Intermittent Freezeswiki
Test Subject
#134 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 5:15 PM
Updated it to...??

Update Nvidia drivers by downloading from HP or Nvidia site?

I've always hated that the PC manufacturers tend to do this. Spoil a good CPU+RAM combo with a subpar GPU to save costs.
With that CPU+RAM combo, you're actually meeting requirements if we exclude the GPU. You can still play, with reduced settings; but I don't know how long that GPU can last if push beyond its limits constantly, even on lowered graphical options. As it all depends on how often you play in a week, how long each play session is, how your gameplay style is (lots of CC and high settings?), if you play Full or windowed mode, and etc etc. On the one hand, I don't want to be an alarmist, but on another I don't want to give you false hope.

You might want to start thinking of upgrading options for the GPU, if you play Sims 3 for long periods each time or everyday. However, if this is your PC, than your upgrade options are also limited, as that motherboard only have a single slot lane for the GPU. And you're back to square one as there's only so much a GT x50 of the same single-slot caliber can deliver, relative to a full gaming dual-slot GTX x60 - x80 (the ones that statistically have Green YESes for the whole row). The current generation of Nvidia GPUs at the moment have a first digit of "7". If you want to upgrade, or explore options, or get opinions, post a separate thread in the Computer & Software Help.

Some more FAQs if you haven't read them yet.
- Game Help:Improving Sims 3 Performancewiki
- Game Help:Intermittent Freezeswiki

I've updated it to 1.67.2.024002. I forgot to say that haha. And I updated via the nvidia site.
Well I used to play Sims 3 like almost everyday, and no packages just some sims3packs..
But I guess that I can better save up for a new PC then, 'cause this one is from my dad. Thank you so much for the help!
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 9:26 PM
Okay, so again i tried the Device Manager which told me my driver was up to date. The auto detect told me the same thing, so i checked the dxdiag file against the catalyst control centre info and found it to be at version 8.982. So i went back to the site and downloaded 13.12 (twice, as the first version didn't stick) and installed. Just in case it didn't work and stick this time, i ran a new dxdiag after a OS restart, and found it to be at version 13.12.

So i removed the ts3 device config and options and ran the game, but alas it's still not reading correctly, so i will have to do a re-install. But, I was able to run all other games on ultra before (Might & Magic 6, Settlers 7, Skyrim).

But thankyou so much for helping me with that. If it wasn't for you i would not have realised the driver update wasn't sticking properly. I will let you know what happens after i re-install the ts3 base and re-download the superpatch.

In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#136 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 4:49 AM
Quote:
so again i tried the Device Manager which told me my driver was up to date

And this applies to everybody...
Yeah, don't do it that way. That is letting Windows update the drivers.
Either let the AMD icon on the SysTray tell you or confirm it manually yourself by comparing it in Control Panel and the official website. Always download drivers from the AMD (or Nvidia / Intel / (component manufacturer) ) website directly. Unless you're on a Laptop, then check the Laptop manufacturer's website.
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 10:41 PM
I uninstalled the ts3 base, re-installed and downloaded the 1.67 super patch. Installed that. Ran ts3, closed and opened the device config:

=== Application info ===
Name: Sims3
Version:
Build: Release
=== Rating info ===
GPU: 5 GPU Memory: 1 CPU: 4 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 3392 Threading: 3
Adjusted CPU: 4123 RAM: 8152 Adjusted RAM: 7640 Cores: 4
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows 7 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
OS prod type: 0
OS major ver: 6
OS minor ver: 1
OS SP major ver: 1
OS SP minor ver: 0
OS is 64Bit: 1
CPU: GenuineIntel
Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Family: 6
Model: 10
Cores: 4
HT: 0
x64: 0
Memory: 8152MB
Free memory: 5569MB
User: Sinead
Computer: CRUMPET
Name (driver): AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
Name (database): AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series [Found: 1, Matched: 1]
Vendor: ATI
Chipset: Vendor: 1002, Device: 6798, Board: 254d1458, Chipset: 0000
Driver: aticfx32.dll, Version: 8.17.10.1247, GUID: D7B71EE2-24D8-11CF-3773-4705BEC2C535
Driver version: 1247
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1

When i look at the options tab in the main menu in the game everything is sitting on low again/ minimum . I haven't touched the Graphics rules/cards files either. I'm going to assume it's the patch, or ts3 somehow thinks my card is broken even though i can run other games

Test Subject
#138 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 1:47 PM
Hate to add to all of those in this thread, but I'm really at a loss as to what my game is playing at - it's virtually unusable.

It's a brand new [one month old] laptop, with dual graphics - after patching to 1.67 I started getting crashes after about half an hour, the analyzer saying it was down to unrecognised graphics. A quick look in the Deviceconfg file produced this information:
GPU: 5 GPU Memory: 1 CPU: 2 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 1996 Threading: 3
Adjusted CPU: 2261 RAM: 7366 Adjusted RAM: 6854 Cores: 4

Name (driver): AMD Radeon HD 7620G + 8670M Dual Graphics
Name (database): AMD Radeon HD 7620G + 8670M Dual Graphics [Found: 0, Matched: 1]

Chipset: Vendor: 1002, Device: 9907, Board: 216c103c, Chipset: 0000

So I went through the above steps, and also had a tweak under the AMD Vision control centre, selecting the "High Performance" option for the Sims 3.
Booted the game - on the main menu it flashes up that my card is not recognised, and that my settings have been set to their highest values. Look under Options and everything is at it's lowest setting, so I set them all back to where I had them before [Highest options] and quit out.
Reloaded the game, and everything is back to the lowest options again - and all the age spans, checks - everything has been wiped to from what I had it set to. I loaded a family, changed the settings, saved and exited.
Reloaded - exactly the same, everything wiped back to zero.
I changed my AMD settings back to the defaults and tried again - same problem, everything resets to the lowest. I tried taking out all my mods, saves etc and did a clean load, tried a world... and everything is black, and all their options are at their lowest.

To top it all off, the Deviceconfig file is now completely blank apart from a few titles - I kept a copy of the original, but if I put it back in the game wipes it blank again. I've tried deleting it, and the newly generated one is also blank.

I've tried putting the original files back, but the problem isn't going away. I really don't want to have to uninstall everything, but I'm really starting to despair that I'm just going to have to start over.

I have all EPs and a few SPs.. and I really hope that all made sense D:
Lab Assistant
#139 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 1:58 AM Last edited by mikey : 20th Feb 2014 at 5:16 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 4332770, 4332785
Please help, I'd like to play my sims game. I have a brand new computer, including the most updated Sims 3 patch, and a geforce 770. I'm thinking its really bad that it says found:0 matched:0. I tried the solutions others have posted here with the GraphicsCards.sgr and GraphicsRules.sgr and it does nothing except cause an error 12. This is all weird since according to nvidia, the game should run "fair" but I'm missing the "land" underneath all the houses, the water doesn't appear at all (just a flat blue space) and more. It's totally unplayable.My DeviceConfig.log is below. If you need any other info, please let me know.

My dxdiag.txt
Test Subject
#140 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 2:18 AM
I recently purchased a new computer with an AMD Radeon 270x graphics card. Upon loading The Sims, I received a message saying my card was not recognized, so, I took to the tutorial via Sims Wiki. I have gotten my device config file to Found: 1 and Matched: 1, yet settings are still unbearably low for textures and the like.

For GraphicsCards.sgr I changed card 0x6798 "AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series" to my card card 0x6810 "AMD Radeon R9 270x Series"

For the GraphicsRules.sgr I changed "*HD 7??0*") to "*R9 270x*")

Everything seems to take well as my deviceconfig acknowledges the card as found and matched, but will not give me decent settings and still rates my hardware as 1.

Drivers are updated for my GPU to latest available.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you,
Pink
Test Subject
#141 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 1:44 PM
hi, just a bit confused as to what i need to do to get everything working.

game keeps cashing in create a sim, according to CLA my game is maxing out the memory.
im using an nvidea gtx 650, would this be the reason for the crashes?
Test Subject
#142 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 6:25 AM
Hello,

First of all, I'd like to thank you for the excellent guide. Unfortunately, I'm running into a slight problem.

My game has been updated to the last patch (1.67.2), and I have a dual-GPU. My cards are: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 (Vendor ID 8086, Device ID 0416) and NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M (Vendor ID 10DE, Device ID 0FE4). When reworking the GraphicsCards and GraphicsRules files, I'm pretty sure I added my NVIDIA card correctly, but I hadn't the faintest idea how to add in the Intel HD Graphics card, so I left that one out. I also used the NVIDIA Control Panel to force my game to use the NVIDIA card instead of the Intel one.

However, when I try to set the game to its default graphic settings, it's still using the lowest possible ones.

Here is the information on my DeviceConfig.log, as of now:

=== Rating info ===
GPU: 2 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 3 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 2394 Threading: 3
Adjusted CPU: 2792 RAM: 7912 Adjusted RAM: 7400 Cores: 4
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows 8 6.2.9200
OS minor ver: 2
OS SP major ver: 0
CPU: GenuineIntel
Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
Family: 6
Model: 12
HT: 1
Memory: 7912MB
Free memory: 4266MB

Name (driver): Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Name (database): Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 [Found: 0, Matched: 1]
Vendor: Intel
Chipset: Vendor: 8086, Device: 0416, Board: 380117aa, Chipset: 0006
Driver: nvumdshim.dll, Version: 9.18.13.3489, GUID: D7B78E66-4756-11CF-BB79-0C18BBC2C435
Driver version: 3489
Texture memory: 4040MB

Thank you for your time!
Test Subject
#143 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 5:33 PM
I am trying to follow the steps in this article (http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ed_by_the_game). I know my game is not recognizing the graphics card. The proof from following the first steps is here:
Name (driver): AMD Radeon HD 6750M
Name (database): AMD Radeon HD 6750M [Found: 0, Matched: 1]

When I get to the Solution part of the guide I become stuck. I am running Mac OS X 10.9.1 with 8 GB Memory. I don't know where to even find the files the guide is refering to. Is there a guide for Mac or can this be done on a Mac?
Test Subject
#144 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 11:42 PM
Hello, I'm a little confused as to what I should replace files with. Since my graphics card is not a 'series' that I know of, I'm not sure what I should put. If anybody would be so kind as to let me know, my great appreciation would go out to you.

=== Application info ===
Name: Sims3
Version:
Build: Release
=== Rating info ===
GPU: 1 GPU Memory: 1 CPU: 3 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 2495 Threading: 3
Adjusted CPU: 2927 RAM: 7626 Adjusted RAM: 7114 Cores: 4
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows 8 6.2.9200
OS minor ver: 2
OS SP major ver: 0
CPU: AuthenticAMD
Brand: AMD A10-5757M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
Family: 15
Model: 3
HT: 0
Memory: 7626MB
Free memory: 6175MB
User: Stephanie
Computer: MULAN
Name (driver): AMD Radeon HD 8650G + 8600/8700M Dual Graphics
Name (database): AMD Radeon HD 8650G + 8600/8700M Dual Graphics [Found: 0, Matched: 1]
Vendor: ATI
Chipset: Vendor: 1002, Device: 990b, Board: 080f1025, Chipset: 0000
Driver: aticfx32.dll, Version: 8.17.10.1247, GUID: D7B71EE2-DA4B-11CF-4A77-0528BEC2C535
Driver version: 1247
Test Subject
#145 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 12:15 PM
I started off with Found: 0, Matched: 0 but after following the instructions I have Found: 1, Matched: 1! Yay!

Unfortunately, when I load up the game and click the restore defaults button they remained on the lowest settings.

I've cleared the cache and attempted to patch (it was already up to date) so I'm not sure what I need to do next.

I'd love some help. I haven't even had this computer for a week but sims looks bad and freezes periodically.
Test Subject
#146 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 9:30 AM
Default Geforce gtx 670
Hi, I hope I can get some help here, I tried my best to follow the wiki, but I'm really unsure on what to add to the "GraphicRules.sgr"

my graphics card is a "GeForce GTX 670"

from the deviceconfig.log:
Name (driver): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
Name (database): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 [Found: 0, Matched: 1]
Vendor: NVIDIA
Chipset: Vendor: 10de, Device: 1189, Board: 126519da, Chipset: 00a1
Driver: nvd3dum.dll, Version: 9.18.13.3788, GUID: D7B71E3E-52C9-11CF-A674-68321CC2C435
Driver version: 3788

I added the line: card 0x1189 "GeForce GTX 670" to the Graphicscard.sgr

but so unsure what to add to the GraphicsRule.sgr

please help me

Astrid
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#147 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 9:58 AM
@Sinead19
there's an entry for "*HD 7??0*" in the Uber category. So, even if you tweak the Option sliders yourself, the next time you load the game, the previous settings were overwritten and goes back to being low?

@ohcasablanca,
your issue is not just that it is weak GPU. It is weak GPU on top of a weak CPU. Sims 3 needs minimum of 2.4GHz to even run base game. The CPU reported here states it is running 1.9GHz.
Quote: Originally posted by ohcasablanca
GPU: 5 GPU Memory: 1 CPU: 2 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 1996 Threading: 3

@moiraesfate,
Quote: Originally posted by moiraesfate
and it does nothing except cause an error 12
and what lines did you add to the SGR files? Does the error 12 still happen if you test with clean User Folders? How about when you revert to the original SGR files, what happens then?
The i7-4771 CPU has integrated graphics HD 4600. Is this already disabled?

@PinkImpatients,
So, even if you tweak the Option sliders yourself, the next time you load the game, the previous settings were overwritten and goes back to being low?

@Huw7000,
as stated in the first post, this thread is to resolve GFX issues if it is newly replaced. Is the GTX 650 newly upgraded? If not, you need to create a separate thread with your DxDiag and the information asked for in the Crashing Checklist FAQ (see my signature).

@lusine,
as stated in the Wiki, if you have dual graphics, you need to ignore what the DeviceConfig.log says as it is inaccurate. EA does not cater for dual-graphics, in their eternal wisdom. So, even if you tweak the Option sliders yourself, the next time you load the game, the previous settings were overwritten and goes back to being low?

@nwsaylor87,
you never had the need to check for the game version in the info.plist file? Lucky you. I will add the step on how to locate the SGR files in OS X systems to the WIKI FAQ momentarily. In the meantime, to locate the SGR files is the same as the steps on how to find your game version from info.plist.

@renmiu,
you don't need to have the word "series" in the name; it is the card name as shown in your DxDiag report together with the Device ID.

@moshmoshii,
So, even if you tweak the Option sliders yourself, the next time you load the game, the previous settings were overwritten and goes back to being low?
Quote:
I'd love some help
unfortunately, I'm not psychic. So if you need help I'm going to need information. The System Specs from DxDiag is a good place to start, pls start a new thread with that info (if you haven't already done so). Because Sims freezing is not a symptom for an unrecognized GFX card.

@asta,
do you have the following in the Rules sgr file?
Quote:
match("${cardName}", "*GTX 6??*")

@everyone,
I think it is time to retire this thread and let you guys start your own thread for your issue individually. If there are no replies to this last group of folks by this weekend (i.e. beyond Sun July 20th), those that still need help with this FAQ, please start a new thread in Help. I will edit the WIKI FAQ accordingly.
Lab Assistant
#148 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 2:21 AM
I got it to work about a month ago. I don't know how or why. I reinstalled and used the info in this thread four times, each time was exactly the same as the time before it. But somewhere something worked right so now I can play. I have absolutely no idea what I did to fix it.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#149 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 6:21 AM
@everyone,
I think it is time to retire this thread and let you guys start your own thread for your issue individually. If there are no replies to this last group of folks by this weekend (i.e. beyond Sun July 20th), those that still need help with this FAQ, please start a new thread in Help. I will edit the WIKI FAQ accordingly.
Locking.

If you need help with the FAQ, please create New Help thread with the answers to the questionnaire at the end of that FAQ.
Locked thread | Locked by: ellacharmed Reason: done
Page 6 of 6