Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2013 at 1:22 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 10th Jun 2015 at 1:46 PM.
Default ChickieTeeta Kingdom Textures - Updated June 10th 215 - Peteran Wall
The 'index' in the Forsaken Mods thread is becoming a little unwieldy, so I'm starting a new thread for these.
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#2 Old 22nd May 2013 at 1:29 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 22nd May 2013 at 2:13 PM.
Default Elf
This started of as an 'elf' theme, but I haven't finished any of the themes I've started (busy and easily distracted :P) so whether it remains elven when/if it's complete, remains to be seen.
For the sake of argument I'll call it Elf because it needs to be called something.

The pavilion
The pavilion roof shares a texture with the Peteran Church roof, so that will be altered by this as well.

The floor inside.
Pit Beast
Pit for an image of the same pit with darker rock see screenshot attachments below
You can get the trees here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...358#post3966358

The grass textures have a problem with the zoom levels, in that they switch back to the default grass when zoomed out. On a lot of areas it isn't really noticeable but places like the pit you don't have to be far away at all for it to revert to the default.
I've found all the files controlling the far zoom textures, but I haven't edited any of them for the 'elf' grass yet.
I'll still upload the grass later for anyone who wants it that wouldn't be bothered by that, since I was going to upload the lod corrections separately anyway since the file is around 21mb and I realize some people are limited for space and may prefer to play without them because of this. I'll perhaps put the most noticeabley affected areas into a separate file and upload them in 2 parts. Some areas you really can't notice at all unless you're actually looking for it.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Forsaken_ElfPavilionGold+White.rar (1.58 MB, 873 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Forsaken_ElfPitBeast.rar (480.6 KB, 568 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Forsaken_ElfPitWhiteRock.rar (1.62 MB, 504 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Forsaken_ElfPitGreyRock.rar (1.10 MB, 473 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 22nd May 2013 at 3:20 PM
Sooooooo pretty. Thanks for all your hard work. Great job.

I like playing The Sims. I don't like to be played like a Sim.
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd May 2013 at 10:41 AM
Beautiful! Thanks for all your hard work. Great job.

Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th May 2013 at 1:05 AM
Default Elf_Merchant, Grass and Kingdom Wall
Thank you to Lady Skye and Cho de Gier

Uploaded the Grass (no far zooms for it yet)

The Kingdom Wall

The Kingdom Wall/Merchant roof, (Kingdom wall roof shares a texture with the Merchant roof so I've put it up in a separate download)

The Merchant house, which includes 5 packages:
The foundation (the pink flowers)
The downstairs wall
The upstairs wall
The wood (beams) (shares texture with kingdom wall beams)
The edging (which I originally made invisible but there's a gap in the wall on the left side without it, so I made it the same color as the beams)

I've done it this way to increase the mix and match value, since there's so little in the way of custom content, I'd prefer to help maximize everyone's options.
All 5 files are in the one rar so if you want the building the way it looks in the pic install all of these and the roof file.
But if you prefer, for example, the original wood, then I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to keep those beams instead of having to have the pictured ones.

A close up of the water, since the grass is throughout other screenshots (included in the grass download) the color will depend on whether it's overcast, sunny etc

Kingdom Wall is a hedge, not sure how clear this pic is, I had to resize it.

Merchant house from distance

Merchant house closer up to show the foundation

The Merchant ones were taken when the edging was still invisible, see screenshot attachments for a pic with the edging.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Forsaken_ElfGrass.rar (2.25 MB, 377 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Forsaken_ElfKingdomWall.rar (737.3 KB, 352 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Forsaken_Elf+KinWallRoof+MerchantRoof.rar (165.3 KB, 346 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Forsaken_ElfMerchants(5Pcks).rar (1.41 MB, 374 downloads) - View custom content
Instructor
#6 Old 24th May 2013 at 1:45 AM
Had to say these look amazing Chickie. Great Work!
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th May 2013 at 5:15 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 29th May 2013 at 11:09 AM.
Default Tavern
No download yet. I had hoped to be done with it but I came across a strange problem with the roof. I really don't know how noticeable it is though, so I'm going to take another look at it tomorrow before I decide what I'm doing with it.
Fixed the roof.
This cap was taken when the roof had the problem. I had the camera up on the roof to look at it close up so it's a glaring error to me.I don't know how noticeable it would have been during normal gameplay, but it's fixed now so it doesn't matter
Roof fixed
While I was trying to see what was going on with the roof I made a 2nd texture, this roof is in the "elf tavern roof 2 rar". The one above is included in the main rar

The tavern shares most of it's textures with those houses that sit by the kingdom wall. The only things it doesn't share are the foundation and the wall edging....a couple of the roofs share the texture for the roof edging with the tavern and the others with what looks like the blacksmith's roof edge. (*edit* It's not the blacksmith's edging affecting the other houses.)

The main rar includes 5 packages:
The foundation (same color as beams)
The edging (same color as beams)
The downstairs wall
The upstairs wall
The roof
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Forsaken_ElfTavern(5Pcks).rar (845.2 KB, 400 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Forsaken_ElfTavernRoof2.rar (140.8 KB, 323 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#8 Old 26th May 2013 at 2:50 PM
Quick question, do these things effect all kingdoms or can you make it effect only select ones?
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th May 2013 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RShini
Quick question, do these things effect all kingdoms or can you make it effect only select ones?

It's like the food. All textures affect all kingdoms.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 27th May 2013 at 4:11 AM
RShini, you could set up an Elf Theme folder (for example) to add or remove in Mods based on which colorful kingdom you might periodically play...
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th May 2013 at 6:40 PM
I was wondering can you idk make changes to the Churches like make the monestary look better, cause it looks kinda poor, and maybe make the kingsball court more colorful, oh and docks. that would be great. Thank you for all your hard work cause its made playing the game alot more interesting.
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th May 2013 at 10:10 PM
I was going to try and change most things. I tried the docks about a year ago and it was hard to get a texture that looked right on it, but I'll try again. I was going to see what I could do with the sand as well.
I'm doing the blacksmith's just now. It's done but the front of the roof has a huge bloom effect and I'm debating whether or not it's worth darkening the texture I have to compensate for that.
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th May 2013 at 11:03 AM
Default Blacksmith
The roof was originally the same color as the bolted metal round the 'foundation', but whenever it was affected by bloom it was blindingly white, so I had to darken it.
With bloom
From a distance
Shares 2 textures with parts of the watermill

There's 3 roofs. (you can only install 1 at a time)
The one pictured here is in the main 'blacksmith' rar.
There's also a separate download for a more colorful one (see attached screenshots)
and another separate download for a roof that matches the wall texture (see attached screenshots)

The main 'blacksmith' rar includes 4 packages:
the wall
the roof
the 'foundation'
the roof edging

I considered doing the beams but figured that might be a little overkill.

There's a close up of the wall texture in the attached screenshots section
and also a couple more pics of different sides of the watermill.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Forsaken_ElfBlacksmith(4Pcks).rar (403.7 KB, 339 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Forsaken_ElfBlacksmithRoofMoreColor.rar (135.7 KB, 225 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Forsaken_ElfBlacksmithRoofWallMatch.rar (155.0 KB, 244 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#14 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 9:55 AM
So if I said earlier beautiful! Keep it up!
It is beautiful and is completely wonderful work!
My sims kingdom find it beautiful and I want to keep it that way.

Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th Jun 2013 at 8:06 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 10th Jun 2013 at 7:46 AM.
Thank you Cho de Gier, your words are lovely and much appreciated =)

I made new bark for the military tree, just to see how it would look and it came out much nicer than I expected it to, so I did the rest of the trees as well.
All separate downloads, so you can mix and match bark, with the standard game bark or with future uploads. What leaves you use with these are up to you, it's a completely separate thing.
2 of the trees use an end cap (the judgement tree and the twisting tree) so a different end cap might make them look a little weird, I didn't want to upload these 2 and the cap as one thing though, so I've put the end cap as a separate package too. It's completely up to you how you how you mix them around.
I still feel we should be able to get as much variation as we possibly can.
Incase anyone doesn't know....the end cap is the round sawn off part of the branch, and the texture covers just the circle that's exposed.

Twisting tree with end cap
Judgement tree, has a goldish tinge to it that I didn't give to the others. The others are all silvery grey. It shares an end cap with the twisting tree.
Military Tree
Acacia Tree

There's a couple of pics in the attached screenshots that show the new bark next to the standard game bark as well.

One rar with 5 packages. 4 tree barks and 1 end cap. If you want all your trees changed install all of these.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Forsaken_ElfTreeBarkX4EndCapX1.rar (155.3 KB, 333 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#16 Old 12th Jun 2013 at 4:58 PM
ohhh now i know they can change something like that... how about the palace... gettin bored with the old palace.. =)
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by myongdae88
ohhh now i know they can change something like that... how about the palace... gettin bored with the old palace.. =)

I was messing around with the rocks but the moss is annoying me, and I kind of have an idea of what I want to do with the Castle, don't know how it will look when it's done though, but it will probably be the next one I attempt.
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Jun 2013 at 2:48 AM
The lunar blossom leaves in my mods thread are what's being used in this theme, but it just dawned on me that they were all uploaded as one thing in one package.
In-keeping with the mix and match idea I'm going with, this download will allow you to individually install the leaf types so you can mix and match those too.

The rar includes the 5 leaf types in 5 different packages.
Keep your eye on the magic tree, it blends it's own leaf color.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Forsaken_ElfTreeLeavesX5.rar (617.9 KB, 212 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#19 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 8:38 AM
So if I said earlier beautiful! Keep it up!
It is beautiful and is completely wonderful work!
My sims kingdom find it beautiful and I want to keep it that way.

Test Subject
#20 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 3:33 PM
ChickieTeeta I have seen all your things from the "Sims' Medieval Pictures" thread and it all looks wonderful! :lovestruc Would you consider uploading some more things you've done in the Forsaken Themes like this beautiful icy water and this astonishing tactical map?
Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SweetDalilah
ChickieTeeta I have seen all your things from the "Sims' Medieval Pictures" thread and it all looks wonderful! :lovestruc Would you consider uploading some more things you've done in the Forsaken Themes like this beautiful icy water and this astonishing tactical map?

I doubt the water will look right on it's own. It's a land file that alters the ground under the river. It's the same texture on the cliff bridge (in the same pic post), that's under the water giving it that look.
I'll hunt the tactical map out.
I can upload the ice on it's own or together with the rest of the 'winter' ground files.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 1:25 AM
I really like the winter theme =)
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ForumZombie
I really like the winter theme =)

ty =) I'll try and upload them sometime tomorrow hopefully.
Test Subject
#24 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 7:13 PM
Thank you Chickie! I love everything from your winter theme, especially your first version of the wintery castle :lovestruc If you could find and upload any of it, It would make me most happy :D
Field Researcher
#25 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 3:21 PM
Winter (because of snow) tends to be my favorite time of year.
I would totally winterize my kingdom.

Keep up the good work as always.

Meanwhile I always find it interesting that the Sims Medieval forum is always in competition for third place ranked by viewers in the Sims Discussion forums, only defintiely beaten by the main Sims 3 and Sims 2 threads. While the fan base isn't as big, it does seem to be loyal, even among us lurkers.
Page 1 of 3