Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 7:59 PM
Default My Sim's Job Performance Wont Increase
The title says it all really. My sim can do anything at work and her performance dosent do anything, it does not go up or down, Someone please help.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 9:58 PM
Is your sim actually listed as "Working"? Sometimes my sims in the Criminal career glitch out and show as "Going to Work" for the duration of their shift, even staying in the rabbithole for hours after it ends. Haven't found a fix for it and it usually happens only one night in awhile.

Do you have any mods that might be affecting career performance?

Does her performance drop if she doesn't go into work at all?

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 4:48 AM
We usually see this bug reported on sims whose shifts cross midnight and they had already worked a shift that ended on the same day that the next one begins. Apparently the game gets its poor little brain confused as to which workday is the current one.
Alchemist
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 8:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
We usually see this bug reported on sims whose shifts cross midnight and they had already worked a shift that ended on the same day that the next one begins. Apparently the game gets its poor little brain confused as to which workday is the current one.

Ah, thanks for explaining it It's odd because sometimes sims never stop "Going to Work" the entire shift, and sometimes the state turns to "Working" as soon as the clock strikes midnight. I think the Criminal career is the only one that has those late hours that stretch across multiple days (aside from Law Enforcement and Medical triggering emergency situations, though I assume those are treated as overtime).

And good to know OP solved their issue too

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 1:08 PM
There are a few other careers that do that at but only at certain isolated job levels. The Medical career has one (Level 6) where the workday is something like 7 pm to 3 am on successive days. Occasionally I've lost patience and used MasterController to just move sims up a level that get stuck with those overnight shifts and can't seem to move forward, but it's also the case that those neighborhood clinic and lecture opps can help move a sim right through that one if they show up. The Criminal career is the only one I can think of where the majority of shifts (Levels 3-10) are overnight, so yes that would make it much more difficult to work through if/when this glitch strikes.