Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 2:50 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Use the last sims 3 installing after formatting win 7 to win 10
Hi all

I have been searching in this forum if someone after he formatting the OS has could to use the old installation. Well I had 2 drives, in C:/ I have the OS and in D:// I have the games like Sims 3. The problem when I try to play a error appears "Reinstall the base game" I thought this erros is beacuase with format I deleted the registry entries.

I know the best way is reainstall every game... but It's so tedious you know it XD.

Then are there someone that had played sims wihtout reinstall after format OS?

Thanks and sorry for me english.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Spainer
Then are there someone that had played sims wihtout reinstall after format OS?

Yeah it's doable if they happened to export and saved their registry file and import it back after reinstalling/replacing the OS, if not and you want to do them manually then you really want to do it the hard way instead of reinstalling your own game because I doubted that anyone could memorized what's in the registry for TS3, you could ask someone to copy their TS3 registry for you so you can copy that part and paste them, but I also doubted that anyone would do that, caused that can be considered pirating.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
Yeah it's doable if they happened to export and saved their registry file and import it back after reinstalling/replacing the OS, if not and you want to do them manually then you really want to do it the hard way instead of reinstalling your own game because I doubted that anyone could memorized what's in the registry for TS3, you could ask someone to copy their TS3 registry for you so you can copy that part and paste them, but I also doubted that anyone would do that, caused that can be considered pirating.

Thank you for your support! Yes I guess is piracy cause I think the registry entries have CD Keys, so I wont ask for them, maybe some friend can help me and put my own cd-keys. I will try it and say here if the solution works!