Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 12:12 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default I run Sims 3 on Steam and accidentally deleted ccmerged.package file. Will uninstalling and reinstalling do the trick?
Title pretty much says it all. I'm an idiot and accidentally deleted the ccmerge file and read that I need to reinstall the game or something like that. I've already started the 3 hour long process of reinstalling, but I just want to check that I'm not about to wait 3 hours for nothing.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 12:18 AM
You can do this:
https://nonasims.wordpress.com/?s=ccmerged

Scroll down for instructions.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
You can do this:
https://nonasims.wordpress.com/?s=ccmerged

Scroll down for instructions.

Thank you for the response! I read that already, but I'm beyond dumb when it comes to computers and I didn't understand half of the instructions. For example, I don't backup my downloads (I don't know how), so I would have to uninstall premium content items to get my ccmerged back. But not only do I not know what premium content items are, but I don't know how to uninstall those and just those. And I'm not entirely sure what's going on with the Sims 3.old folder. It's just really confusing.

So I figured, even though it's going to take way longer, I'll just uninstall and reinstall everything. But could someone please possibly confirm that that's all I have to do? I don't have to go and delete any old folders or anything do I? Just a simple uninstall and reinstall through Steam will do it for me, yeah?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 12:50 AM
Uninstalling and reinstalling the game program won't help here. The file you deleted is built upon every time you install EA Store premium content and is required or none of these EA Store items will work. Nona lists what we mean by premium content on the page you were directed to. It's the list that begins with:

The Spell Book (Gothique Library)
The Fountain of Youth (Hidden Springs)
The Magic Cauldron (More Magic Set)
The Voodoo doll (More Magic Set)
The Crystal Ball (More Magic Set)
The Deep Fryer (Fiesta Set)
The Ice Cream Maker (Fiesta Set)... etc.

You don't really have to fix this the long way. A much more efficient solution would be to just use her file. She offers it as a download around 2/3 of the way down the page, where it says "Download ccmerged.zip" in bold blue letters. Download, unzip, and put it place where the deleted one was.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 10:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlligatorFeet
Title pretty much says it all. I'm an idiot and accidentally deleted the ccmerge file and read that I need to reinstall the game or something like that. I've already started the 3 hour long process of reinstalling, but I just want to check that I'm not about to wait 3 hours for nothing.
Just for the record: It's not reinstalling the game that would do the trick, but reinstalling your Store stuff. (Or simply using the downloadable ccmerged that nona is offering)