Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 5:51 PM Last edited by CRV13 : 4th Mar 2018 at 3:54 PM. Reason: Found a solution

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default I'm having Visual Issues with Lady Ravendancer's Spellbook
First off my item is decrapped and I know that deeper discussion of the how tos are a bit frowned upon by some. However let me assure you that I know what to do in regards of this gray area topic.

Now that's out of the way, time for the meat of my current dilemma...

I know the item had issues after being decrapped whereby SIMs who try to use it can't and would reset. And that there is already a fix for it over at MATY.

However, this isn't the issue I'm having.

Yes the fix for SIMs not being able to use the item has been addressed by the fix files. But the problem I'm having is that my SIMs are indeed able to interact with the item but when they do the fancy effects that are supposed to play along with the animations don't appear. For example when learning a spell on the Spellbook there should be small moon and ghost shapes floating out of the book. However when my SIMs try to learn a spell those shapes don't appear but they still learn spells and can cast them. As for the spells themselves, my SIMs can cast them but the fancy effects don't show too. The various associated moodlets with the item do take effect though, just like with the spells. In short interactions with the item do work, it's just the effects are missing.

I do hope somebody can help out

Addendum:

I managed to fix this issue by just extracting the .sims3pack with Delphy's Multi-Installer. I guess I should have tried that path first before posting this thread