Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 21st May 2020 at 6:27 PM
I was inspired by this thread and the overwhelming boredom that is life in quarantine to make a dystopian neighborhood. It is a secret military base in the desert near La Fiesta Tech and governed by an Unsavory Charlatan. The story is that the aliens have invaded, and this is a site of military resistance, but the aliens' real goal is to bring about a utopia on earth and it's the military who are the oppressive regime. All the students at La Fiesta Tech were conscripted by the military and put into barracks housing. They have to serve in the military until they are Junior Officers or become successful parents (family is very important since so many people were killed in the invasion), then they get diplomas and the opportunity to follow their LTWs. Some people are considered subversive and at risk for prison or execution. There are many risks associated with different careers and actions that could carry prison/rehabilitation terms or execution, so that means things are always changing. There are also rewards that come from advancing in a career. The alien resistance is located out in the desert trying to convert people to its cause, and if people join, they are freed from following the dystopian rules. It's been fun to play and I've had a ton of crazy deaths.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 22nd May 2020 at 3:18 AM
Long ago (I believe I was in middle school) I created an end days scenario where everybody in Pleasantview died, everybody in Strangetown died, and a battle between Angels and Demons took place in Veronaville. The story line on that one was a bit dark; there was a demon who was capturing people in Veronaville and starving them to death, and later burning them to death, and there was an angel who was bringing them back to life with a Resurrect-O-Whateveritscalled. Obviously the angel and the demon were enemies. What was a real twist on that is I made the angel a Romance aspiration and every female or gay sim who was rescued by the angel would fall in love with him, so the angel was well on his way to fulfilling his lifetime want (obviously this was not based on Revelation at all). The demon was like a serial killer in that would kill anybody but preferred to kill maid NPCs (I picked them because the game would just generate a new one after one died). There were like 20 former maids in Veronaville, lol! There was a second demon/angel rivalry at Sim State University (a subhood of Veronaville) where the demon's preference was cow mascots and cheerleaders. Those neighborhoods died with my old Compaq several years ago, so the whole story ended in a cliff hanger, but if I remember the intended ending was I was going to have all of those maids + an aged up Juliette Capp gang up on the one demon and kill him, and have all of those cheerleaders and mascots gang up on the other demon and kill him, like an army of Sim angels. It was an interesting run.

Before my old Acer took a crap, I was working on (and hope to resume) a kind of dystopian project I call Simasota County 10 years later, which was a mega hood set in 2014 (ten years after the release of The Sims 2), with all of the premades ten Sim years older than they were when the game was released, and an economy still trying to recover from the Great Recession. I envisioned lots of gang violence and poverty plaguing the mega hood, with lots of closed up businesses, off-the-charts unemployment, graffiti on buildings, rampant theft, political corruption, and prisons packed to the gills.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 22nd May 2020 at 5:23 PM
My new towns often have a similar theme because I start with empty templates and like to just set up minimal essectials before starting to go live and I finish setting the town up as I play the town starting with one couple as founders.This is how my BACC challenge started out and how my homesteader's challenge is also going to be started out.
Page 2 of 2