Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2020 at 9:04 PM Last edited by CoTeCiO : 26th Feb 2020 at 9:09 PM. Reason: Forgot to write the actual question, duh!
Default Found five full songs in base game's sfx1.package. Where do they play on?
Hey everyone! I don't think I've ever posted anything in the forums, but I've been around this site for god knows how many years! I finally got a question to ask and looking around got me nowhere.

I was digging around the Sims Life Stories sound files and I found that sfx1.package has five full songs in different styles in 128 kbps mp3 format, just like the radio stuff. Now, that got me curious and I wondered if these audio files were exclusive to Life Stories but I found them in the base game sfx1.package file as well, and that got me very intrigued because in the 15 years I've been playing The Sims 2, I have never heard any of those songs play anywhere in the game. I don't know if there's an object that uses them or if there's a way to trigger them. The Cutting Room Floor doesn't mention anything about unused music either, so I assume they haven't found them or they're not unused and I just need to explore the game more.

The files can be easily found by extracting the contents of the base game's sfx1.package with SimPE into a folder and then sort them by size, the five larger files are the ones I'm asking about.

So, are those songs used anywhere in the game? and if so, where?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 24th May 2020 at 7:38 PM
Hello.

Here is songs: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zs4jc.../5_MP3.rar/file

One of this song (piano), I guess, from The Sims 1.

The Sims 2 Beta Library
Russian Betahunters forum thread "The Sims 2 Development History" - without them, many secrets of the Sims 2 would not have been discovered and investigated.
Scholar
#3 Old 25th May 2020 at 12:32 AM
647ABE94-0B8AB3CD-FF1C5809.mp3
The Sims Unleashed, filename SUL_Band2_M.mp3

09731966-0B8AB3CD-FF4E0CB4.mp3
The Sims Unleashed, "Sim The Blues"

Not sure about the other three.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 4:00 PM
There are 2 possibilities, according to this:
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/List_o...s_in_The_Sims_2

There were songs that are in assets, but only used in-game with certain locales (I guess, EAXis couldn't get worldwide rights or didn't think the US audience would like them.) and it claims there were at least 2 composed but unused songs, although why would they be in game at all, in a package with TS1 stuff and remain there in Stories is a bit weird...
Instructor
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 9:32 PM
Weren't some TS1 songs played on (atleast) one of those wall speakers?