Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2020 at 10:34 PM
Default Sims Theme Songs
Just out of curiosity I was listening to all of the Sims theme Songs, which versions of the theme songs do you like? I am talking about the song that start up the game.
It seem to me the music seen to change when you go into build mode or neighborhood, anyway at this present moment my mind seem to have forgotten the changes
But from listening to Sims 2 theme the music repeat it self over and over.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th May 2020 at 12:08 AM
I like the BG and M&G ones.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

#3 Old 7th May 2020 at 5:28 PM
My favorite versions of the theme song are the Pets expansion one and the base game one.

My least favorite is the Freetime theme song. Oh my gosh I remember when I first got that expansion and I heard that song for the first time, it drove me nuts. I don't know why but it reminds me of clowns.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th May 2020 at 10:59 PM
Here a List of all Sims 2 Theme songs music my "Most Favorite" One is on the list at track 1:41:39 Nightlife - Buy Mode - Busy. Whenever I heard that song I just want to jump up and dance my butt / behind off
Here the songs scroll down to the first click on where it say More the tracks will open up for all songs to the left click on the tracks it will play the song music you want to heard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD_...rt_radio=1#t=41

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Link Ninja
#5 Old 8th May 2020 at 2:08 AM
The one that came with Nightlife that sounds super club mix I really like. I think it usually plays when you enter a downtown sub hood.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Alchemist
#6 Old 8th May 2020 at 2:38 PM
Agree with Charmful--the NL theme and then AL, but the base game theme is nothing to sneeze at.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Field Researcher
#7 Old 9th May 2020 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
One is on the list at track 1:41:39 Nightlife - Buy Mode - Busy. Whenever I heard that song I just want to jump up and dance my butt / behind off

Agreed! Forget nightclubs, all you need is a Sims Nightlife dance party!

At a responsible social distance, of course.
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd May 2020 at 7:48 PM
Base game, Pets, Bon Voyage.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 25th May 2020 at 3:51 AM
Other game, but Sims 3's Late Night theme song I really like
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 30th May 2020 at 4:41 PM
Base game, nightlife, ofb in that order.

I can't stand freetime either now that I think about it.

Recently discovered the PSP version of the sims 2 theme and it's refreshing to my ears lately.
Theorist
#11 Old 2nd Jun 2020 at 2:41 PM
Base game I thought was nostalgic, but there's just something so off in that version of the tune. I like the intro movie one the most, then the buy mode version, and then lastly the loading screen version.
University is the cutest one for me, Nightlife the coolest, OFB I'm always very excited to listen to, but only once. (I had a very scratched CD for OFB, and when I finally got it to work, the tune really stood out to me, but it gets boring and repetitive after the awe fades away.)

Pets is a bit boring, Seasons is my snuggle music and reminds me of snowy weather (I really like watching TS2 Seasons trailer), Bon Voyage literally makes me feel as if I'm going for a trip this moment. I actually like the Free Time one, and I love the buy mode version of the song as well. Apartment Life/M&G is SO generic and boring, but it must've been because I've been listening to it since 2012.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 12:34 AM Last edited by yavannatw : 3rd Jun 2020 at 1:06 AM.
I don't have a favourite and I don't particularly dislike any of them. Listening to the BV theme was interesting as I don't have that. I like the comments beneath the above youtube link.
Edit: I still like Sims 1 themes.
Instructor
#13 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 12:38 AM
I like the University-style theme more than the base game-style one. With that in mind, my favorites are, in order, OfB, Pets and University.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 18th Jun 2020 at 8:19 PM
I used to love the Nightlife version (still do), but the Freetime and Seasons versions are my new favorites. The first is by the band who did the Malcolm in the Middle theme song and it shows. It's just a high energy track and I adore it. The latter fills me with so much nostalgic joy and I never owned the Seasons EP prior to the Ultimate Collection.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 18th Jun 2020 at 11:04 PM
Speaking of themes, I would've loved that cut Ralph Myerz NL remix as a loading theme. It would automatically been number 1 ahead of BG for me.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 19th Jun 2020 at 5:30 AM
Honestly, the only one I'd say I don't like is the m&g theme because I've been listening to it every time I launch the game for over a decade. Of Sims 2, my fave would be the NL theme, but of all time it would be the Sims 3 base game theme because it just felt so fresh compared to Sims 2 music when the game first released.